Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings sign former Bengals WR Jerome Simpson to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect Jerome Simpson to have a big week this week.

He plays alot taller than he really is. Anyone notice that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I don't know that Simpson is the answer as a deep threat, but he certainly opened things up more for Ponder than having Jenkins run those routes. He can make a better play on the ball, but against a better secondary not sure if he would have gotten as many pass interference.

He may not be THE answer, but he will be an integral part of this offense going forward this season.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
He plays alot taller than he really is. Anyone notice that?

long arms, long legs, big hops.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very satisfied with his performance yesterday. While he didn't put up huge stats forcing two long P.I penalties has the same effect. Also made a hell of a catch on the late game pass. Hope to see him targeted even more going forward. Hope he keeps plaing well and we can keep him around.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerome enjoys freestyle BMX, he recently joined the twin cities fantasy factory and is helping the BMX community support their rider owned skatepark in Northeast MPLS

http://ridetcff.org/2012/09/ready-to-watch-tcff-member-jerome-simpson-kill-it-in-the-nfl-today-minnesota-vikings-wide-receiver-81/
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings receiver Jerome Simpson sat out long stretches of the team's win over the Tennessee Titans, spending much of the game dealing with tightness in his lower left leg. Simpson wasn't sure what caused the tightness but said he first felt pain in his leg the night before the game, and couldn't get loose during warmups.

Simpson: "I just felt like my foot was kind of asleep, I guess. Until we know the diagnostics, I really can't say if it's a foot, a calf or what. I really don't know right now."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21721843/minnesota-vikings-leg-tightness-keeps-jerome-simpson-sideline

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are trying to determine why wide receiver Jerome Simpson woke up with numbness and weakness in his lower left leg before Sunday's game against Tennessee. Coach Leslie Frazier said Simpson was undergoing MRI tests on Monday.

Simpson played in parts of Minnesota's 30-7 win, but he didn't catch any passes. He had trouble pushing off because of the injury, which Frazier said could also be connected to his back. Frazier said Simpson was "alarmed'' by his condition but that the Vikings don't believe he's facing a long-term absence.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Assessing-Simpsons-Leg-Injury/37c67c9f-57b6-4205-9b0f-b03b40f0d411

Webmaster wrote:
VikesGuy07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Vikings are trying to determine why wide receiver Jerome Simpson woke up with numbness and weakness in his lower left leg before Sunday's game against Tennessee. Coach Leslie Frazier said Simpson was undergoing MRI tests on Monday.

Simpson played in parts of Minnesota's 30-7 win, but he didn't catch any passes. He had trouble pushing off because of the injury, which Frazier said could also be connected to his back. Frazier said Simpson was "alarmed'' by his condition but that the Vikings don't believe he's facing a long-term absence.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Assessing-Simpsons-Leg-Injury/37c67c9f-57b6-4205-9b0f-b03b40f0d411

That seems concerning. Parts of your body aren't just supposed to randomly lose feeling. I hope just for his sake it's not something serious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A slipped disc perhaps? Could keep him out for a few weeks if it's serious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herbal medication necessary...?

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lower leg weakness that hindered Vikings receiver Jerome Simpson during Sunday's 30-7 victory over Tennessee was caused by a back problem, according to an NFL source. Simpson underwent a magnetic resonance imaging exam Monday in an attempt to diagnose the strange weakness he felt in his leg.

The MRI revealed a back issue, the specifics and severity of which are not yet fully known. Simpson will undergo further testing and visit with additional doctors Tuesday. But at present, according to the source, Simpson's injury isn't thought to be serious.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/173217411.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier said today that Monday's magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam revealed that Jerome Simpson's lower left leg weakness and numbness was more the result of a back issue that won't sideline the receiver long, if at all. He will sit out today's practice.

Frazier: "All indications are there is a very good chance [he will play at Washington.] We'll know more as he responds to some of the treatment that they give him today. Hopefully, we'll get him back at practice tomorrow. But we don't think it's anything long-term at all. He's much better than he was on Sunday. He went through the walk-through fine. This is more cautionary just to give him another day of rest and recuperation."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/173529521.html

Webmaster wrote:
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simpson Upset Deactivation Cost 60K:

Quote:
He receives per-game bonuses that only count if he's on the Vikings' active roster.

"You lose $60,000, you'd be mad, too," said Simpson, who missed the first three games this season while on suspension for a drug arrest. "I'm just a competitor, man. I just want to be out there on the field. Any time something is getting taken away from you, obviously you're going to be upset about it. Just like if you couldn't write any more. I'm pretty sure you'd be upset."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000081665/article/jerome-simpson-loses-60k-in-vikings-deactivation

Maxx Williams For Mackey
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing against Simpson not being active, it was odd, but if Frazier think he physically and mentally cant play, Simpson needs to take it upon himself to be in a better position to contribute. Hopefully he can play against Arizona.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings receiver Jerome Simpson was on the field for 39 snaps Sunday against Arizona. He caught one pass and drew a key pass interference penalty. Other than that, Christian Ponder didn't throw his way.

And he's OK with that.

Simpson: "We just had a good game plan. Adrian had a very good game, we just wanted to block well for him, win the game. If it's Adrian's night, us receivers will block as best we can. As long as we're winning, everything is good."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/175525321.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: