Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Screw the "moral victory" crap!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Screw the "moral victory" crap! Reply with quote

Rookie coach, rookie QB, yada yada yada. I have watched this team fail to close out games the last 2 weeks. The Jets game should've been a blowout and we could've easily won by 2 TDs today. There are so many holes that need fixed before we start winning games. I like what I'm seeing from Tanny, Bess, and Hartline, but that's all we have...mixed with a little Reggie every now and then. The line cost us on Tanny's fumble and the pick. On the fumble he didn't even get to the second of his 3-step drop. Our D showed up today for the most part, but our secondary is well below average. The Vonte trade may do wonders in the draft, but we are struggling because of it now. Whoever we use the pick on better be a solid contributor, or I will be ticked. I also agree with every poster here that we need to tryout a new kicker...yesterday! Carpenter has clearly lost his confidence and can't kick worth s**t. Is Olindo Mare available?? Lol. I guess I'm done ranting and raving for now. I'm just sick of rebuilding for the last 13 years. We are on our way, but I am becoming very impatient.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's amazing is how well the team can operate between the 20s at times. Tannehill stood in the pocket and deliver accurate, clutch passes quite often today. The fact he threw 431 yards worth of passes and only 2 WRs helped in the effort shows how little talent we have.

Clay has surprisingly done nothing and Naanee has fully earned his inevitable release. You're absolutely right in that it's the Hartline, Bess and Bush Show right now. Nobody else is doing anything for the offense aside from Fasano now and again.

The defense did a great job today though. The Cardinals WRs are very talented and so the DBs did a rather respectable job. The pass rush exposed a bad flaw in the Cardinals O-line but up and down the defense played a great game.

Consistency is the name of the game in the NFL though. It's a tough loss. Hard to expect anyone to be happy about it but there are plenty of positives to take from this. The Cardinals are red-hot right now. We did all any team could've done to beat them aside from making our FGs.
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Screw the "moral victory" crap! Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Rookie coach, rookie QB, yada yada yada. I have watched this team fail to close out games the last 2 weeks. The Jets game should've been a blowout and we could've easily won by 2 TDs today. There are so many holes that need fixed before we start winning games. I like what I'm seeing from Tanny, Bess, and Hartline, but that's all we have...mixed with a little Reggie every now and then. The line cost us on Tanny's fumble and the pick. On the fumble he didn't even get to the second of his 3-step drop. Our D showed up today for the most part, but our secondary is well below average. The Vonte trade may do wonders in the draft, but we are struggling because of it now. Whoever we use the pick on better be a solid contributor, or I will be ticked. I also agree with every poster here that we need to tryout a new kicker...yesterday! Carpenter has clearly lost his confidence and can't kick worth s**t. Is Olindo Mare available?? Lol. I guess I'm done ranting and raving for now. I'm just sick of rebuilding for the last 13 years. We are on our way, but I am becoming very impatient.

You are not alone my friend, other then play the Ravens in the Playoffs, I can not remember the last time we were in the playoffs, its so said to see this once great team fall so far from grace.....

Adopt a Phins 14, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
(14 Season Week-11 )
65.4% CMP - 2354 yards -17 TD's - 7 INT's - 92.2 Rat /RUSH 261 Yards 37 Atmts
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well being impatient is what has actually cost this franchise, filling up our cap space,trading away draft picks for players. Going with other tems trash QB's instead of developing our own. I am frustrated by todays loss no dooubt and it sucks, but for the first time we drafted a franchise QB who is showing promise we have alot of cap room next year and extra picks. I know for all of us long suffering fans its harrd to see but there is light at the end of the tunnel
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Well being impatient is what has actually cost this franchise, filling up our cap space,trading away draft picks for players. Going with other tems trash QB's instead of developing our own. I am frustrated by todays loss no dooubt and it sucks, but for the first time we drafted a franchise QB who is showing promise we have alot of cap room next year and extra picks. I know for all of us long suffering fans its harrd to see but there is light at the end of the tunnel

Today's loss was as tough as it gets for a fan to have to endure. The players are exhausted and we set multiple franchise records with great games by Sean Smith, Cameron Wake, Brian Hartline, Davone Bess and Ryan Tannehill.

It sucks to lose but we have to stay positive when there are good things to look at and focus on. Henne never looked this clutch. This offense even depleted of talent and with a rookie QB at the helm is able to move the ball up and down the field against one of the league's best defenses.

I'm sorry we lost and this is crushing but we have to move on. The players are going to be crushed by this and it worries me that a 2-game slide might turn into something worse unless we come out strong next week and end this lose-in-overtime-by-a-FG nonsense.

Next week is important. Smile
Deets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing blows. Having a rookie quarterback that looks like he could be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years makes it blow a little less.

FF Member #67
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Losing blows. Having a rookie quarterback that looks like he could be one of the best QBs in the league in a few years makes it blow a little less.

I agree and hate to say it, but I think he compares a lot to Rodgers in the way he plays. The fact that he has such great pocket awareness yet keep his eyes downfield is a huge plus. I also love his checks at the LOS. He has a veteran mindset in that regard and the only thing the FO has done right recently is bring in the trio of Philbin, Sherman, and Tanny. They seem to have a great understanding of each other. I think once we get more threats at WR to go with Hartline and Bess we will be fine. I would love to see Matthews play over Naanee, but that's just me. We might as well see what we have early on. And if Clay can't get the job done I'd love to see Egnew get some reps. Ultimately I would love for us to be similar to the Packers...winning included.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of frustration today as we showed great strides today and we didn't close it out. We had 3 guys set records either individual or franchise. I would have loved to say with all that we pulled off the win.

The thing that makes it less frustrating is we have a QB that looked like a veteran out there. He commanded the pocket and led this team down the field. Bess and Hartline showing that we do have some talent on the WR position. The Ws are nice but hope for the future makes this loss ok

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good:

I started Davone Bess and got 19 fantasy points today! Smile

The Bad:

I started Dennis Pitta who got 0.

The Ugly:

Not everyone on my bench is useless, Hartline went for 43 down there. Sad
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win or lose, this was the first productive game the Miami Dolphins have played in terms of internal growth in years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Win or lose, this was the first productive game the Miami Dolphins have played in terms of internal growth in years.

...but lets cut Tannehill right Wink

Growing pains boys. This team is well on the right track. From Joe to Ryan this thing is headed the right way. Our kicker could have us at 3-1 but he doesn't. Things happen and RT is growing as qb, every week is so much better.

At this point I am not really looking at the record, I just want to see what this team needs going forward. I wanna see growth from the young guys and we are getting it.

I am so stoked for the future.

To GM Ireland. Thank you for having the stones to draft a qb in the 1st round even though it could (have) cost you your job.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutch wrote:
...but lets cut Tannehill right Wink

I know you're being sarcastic, but I have been consistent with my stance that I will reserve judgement on RT until the season is over.
Clutch wrote:
Growing pains boys.

And this is exactly what has frustrated me. I've wanted to see growing pains for a long, long time. In the past, this team that has been in rebuilding mode has not been improving. We will pull out a win here and there and it's just whatever. It's never anything to build upon and we aren't getting better. It's just a meaningless victory. Today was a prime example of growing pains. Our team played well and showed flashes of talent, but experienced the growing pains of a young QB and a team that has yet to figure out how to win close games. When I hear about a team in "rebuilding mode" this is the type of team I think of.
Clutch wrote:
I am so stoked for the future.

For the first time in a long time, I'm excited to watch the game next week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I stopped getting emotional about Fins games a couple years ago. We all should watch the game without showing any emotion. When they make a big play I just take it in expecting several bad ones will follow. The only way you can be dissappointed is if your expectation level has not been met. I think Miami will win 4 or 5 games and that they are on pace for that. I was just hoping they did not become the laughing stock of the NFL and clearly the Jets have that covered. At least Miami has hope, the Jets are dreadful.

I only look for signs worth building off of. Although Tanney had a good day some of his completions were dumb luck. Most CB's would have turned around and deflected or picked at least two of his completions. Having said that, I only credit Tanney for one turnover. His fumble was not his fault. It was the coaches. They saw what the Cards were doing but still could not stop it. Overall, good learning experience. Nanee has not shown any reason why he deserves to be on the field. He has not contributed anything positive at this point.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thread that doesn't make sense, you make a thread out of a couple peoples opinions. I don't see any media sites praising us or anything, I still see no difference from last week or the week before by media presents so I don't know where you get this moral crap from.

Even out of every NFl pic on the front page right now I don't even see a pic of any dolphins. All I see is "Tannehill big day".
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
Another thread that doesn't make sense, you make a thread out of a couple peoples opinions. I don't see any media sites praising us or anything, I still see no difference from last week or the week before by media presents so I don't know where you get this moral crap from.

Even out of every NFl pic on the front page right now I don't even see a pic of any dolphins. All I see is "Tannehill big day".

I was basing it off of what I have read in other threads. And a "Tannehill big day" is a moral victory to me. Because if we would've won it would read "Tannehill big day leads Fins to victory." I guess I just got my hopes up watching them control the ball for so much of the game. This is also my first year with NFL Ticket, so I get to watch them full time now. Maybe this was a bad idea. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: