Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
With this up coming draft class & Free Agency , I'm not ruling out any positions being a 1st round pick . Besides Corner & Center. Its going to take a while to determine our most important whole to fill.

Rob Malone is pretty good. I don't think we take a punter in the first. Laughing
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Jason Campbell as the veteran addition and not drafting a quarterback in the first round.

I'm still high on Mike Glennon. He's rebounded quite nicely on a team with average talent after a tough first game against Tennessee.

As for Bray, I love him as a prospect, but maturity is definitely a concern at his position.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
I'm thinking Jason Campbell as the veteran addition and not drafting a quarterback in the first round.

I'm still high on Mike Glennon. He's rebounded quite nicely on a team with average talent after a tough first game against Tennessee.

As for Bray, I love him as a prospect, but maturity is definitely a concern at his position.

I would probably prefer a trade for Mart Flynn if we were to go that route.

Bray seems like Ryan Leaf to me.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

Why trade? Why send anymore draft picks? I don't see much of a difference between Campbell and Flynn other then perceived upside, which is certainly diminished after Flynn somehow lost his starting job to Russell Wilson before ever taking a regular season snap.

May as well bring in Campbell, who has shown he can take care of the ball. I'm not expecting this team to compete for a Super Bowl anytime soon. I'd rather have a veteran like Campbell with real experience on the roster if we wind up drafting a young quarterback. It'd be better then having Flynn, who wouldn't be of much use to a youngster.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:

At the moment, I'm leaning towards signing Jason campbell and waiting a year to draft another. I don't want to draft another Rookie and expect him to grow with the type of surrounding we have now. Sign JC, tune up the Oline, and draft a solid running back in the top 3 rounds that can take the starting job. Also sign a Vet fullback, and #2 TE who can block and still make plays catching. That way we can go back to the running game, and have a QB that won't blow games.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we got a shot at Geno or Bray take them, in 2014 who's coming out that is worth the wait nobody we know of right now

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
If we got a shot at Geno or Bray take them, in 2014 who's coming out that is worth the wait nobody we know of right now

I'm not sure yet. This would be the year when the top QB's for next year's draft show their skills. Bray is still a Junior, he could hold back from this draft to be #1 next year.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I'm not sure yet. This would be the year when the top QB's for next year's draft show their skills. Bray is still a Junior, he could hold back from this draft to be #1 next year.

thats what I mean if they come out we gotta get them, if not then we re-evaluate. I want our next 2 1st Round picks to look like this

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

thats what I mean if they come out we gotta get them, if not then we re-evaluate. I want our next 2 1st Round picks to look like this

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

I'm glad you brought Sam up. Do you really think he can play 3-4OLB? I love the attitude he play with.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

I'm glad you brought Sam up. Do you really think he can play 3-4OLB? I love the attitude he play with.

Yeah he plays under great control, his bull rush is phenomenal unlike Mingo when OT's get hands on him he's neutralized. Montgomery is a better fit for us than Mingo and Jones, Ealy is the next Aldon Smith which is why I dont mind waiting if we go for Geno

rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

Yeah he plays under great control, his bull rush is phenomenal unlike Mingo when OT's get hands on him he's neutralized. Montgomery is a better fit for us than Mingo and Jones, Ealy is the next Aldon Smith which is why I dont mind waiting if we go for Geno

I agree about Mingo. When I seen big Sam play, I thought he might have been a little to stiff to play OLB. But I will watch him again to make sure. I really like the OLB's in this draft. There still might be some good prospects in the 2nd round.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

I agree about Mingo. When I seen big Sam play, I thought he might have been a little to stiff to play OLB. But I will watch him again to make sure. I really like the OLB's in this draft. There still might be some good prospects in the 2nd round.

I just dont wanna reach again that sucks

back to Geno

1 way we might be able to get him is if a team like Indianapolis, New Orleans or Carolina ends up with the #1 pick we could try and trade up since they all got QB's.

I really want this kid

rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

back to Geno

1 way we might be able to get him is if a team like Indianapolis, New Orleans or Carolina ends up with the #1 pick we could try and trade up since they all got QB's.

I really want this kid

I can see that happening. That will be the best move to make if we go QB in the first.

Quote:
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

either

2013- Sam Montgomery OLB
2014- Tyler Bray QB

or

2013- Geno Smith QB
2014- Kony Ealy OLB

back to Geno

I really want this kid

I can see that happening. That will be the best move to make if we go QB in the first.

I see it from Washington's point of view, get your QB, build a system that best fits him and then start to acquire weapons and let him grow slowly

rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

I see it from Washington's point of view, get your QB, build a system that best fits him and then start to acquire weapons and let him grow slowly

First, I want to hire a GM who know how to build around a QB correctly before we make a big move like that.

Quote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 15 of 100

Jump to: