Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15860
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12624
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

JI is still hilarious. I've been literally laughing out loud for the past half hour watching them re-enact Lord of the Flies over there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15860
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

JI is still hilarious. I've been literally laughing out loud for the past half hour watching them re-enact Lord of the Flies over there.

Yeah, wow
Quote:
LOL @ "we're in first place in the division"
I could dig it after last week. But after this? It's kinda like driving a car off a cliff, and while it's sailing down through the air towards the rocks below, thinking "hey, at this very moment the car is in perfect shape!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12624
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

JI is still hilarious. I've been literally laughing out loud for the past half hour watching them re-enact Lord of the Flies over there.

Yeah, wow
Quote:
LOL @ "we're in first place in the division"
I could dig it after last week. But after this? It's kinda like driving a car off a cliff, and while it's sailing down through the air towards the rocks below, thinking "hey, at this very moment the car is in perfect shape!"

That's the exact thread I was dying on. It just kept getting more and more ridiculous.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 22784
Location: The District
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Two horrendous calls from the officiating crew at the end of that game (though you might argue that second on Barden was a make up call). But it doesn't matter, fcuk the Giants!


How was that OPI horrendous? That seemed like an easy call to me.


It was only after Asomugha had wrapped both his arms around Barden and was backing him out of bounds. Then Barden reacted by grabbing him from behind. Its either a no-call or offsetting penalties, but certainly not on the guy that was fouled first.
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?


They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9306
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?

JI is still hilarious. I've been literally laughing out loud for the past half hour watching them re-enact Lord of the Flies over there.

Yeah, wow
Quote:
LOL @ "we're in first place in the division"
I could dig it after last week. But after this? It's kinda like driving a car off a cliff, and while it's sailing down through the air towards the rocks below, thinking "hey, at this very moment the car is in perfect shape!"


LOLOL. I like JO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 41344
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Koppen will start against us on week 5.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 22784
Location: The District
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Looks like Koppen will start against us on week 5.


*like
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7706
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Looks like Koppen will start against us on week 5.


*like


Good thing he isn't gonna have to guard one of those overpowering, 3-4 nose tackle types...

oh wait Laughing
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Troy Brown


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 24538
Location: Newport, Rhode Island
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Two horrendous calls from the officiating crew at the end of that game (though you might argue that second on Barden was a make up call). But it doesn't matter, fcuk the Giants!


How was that OPI horrendous? That seemed like an easy call to me.


It was only after Asomugha had wrapped both his arms around Barden and was backing him out of bounds. Then Barden reacted by grabbing him from behind. Its either a no-call or offsetting penalties, but certainly not on the guy that was fouled first.


Damn, where were you last night in the NFL gen thread when I was getting killed for having this stance?
_________________
MAYBE YOUR BEST COURSE WOULD BE TO TREAD LIGHTLY

ELRammy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
homerjay24


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1062
Location: Fitchburg, MA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?


They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.


That's no problem! According to their mocks they can trade Cromartie for a 3rd and Sanchez for a 4th with a RB thrown in.
_________________
2012 Adopt-A-Patriot: Wes Welker
WES WELKER IS OBSOLETE IN THIS OFFENSE
Stats:
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9306
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved how the 49ers send only 2 guys to block a punt (on the wings) and somehow the Jets let them block a punt.


Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25267
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homerjay24 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?


They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.


That's no problem! According to their mocks they can trade Cromartie for a 3rd and Sanchez for a 4th with a RB thrown in.


Getting a 3rd for Cromartie isn't crazy at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
homerjay24


Joined: 05 Dec 2007
Posts: 1062
Location: Fitchburg, MA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
homerjay24 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Sciz wrote:
Jet fans are starting to decide that mocks are more fun than watching the rest of the season. Of course, they have tons of free agents signing with the Jets. Which free agent in their right mind would want to sign with the Jets this offseason?


They have I believe 18 guys become free agents this offseason, including over 10 starters IIRC. And even with all those contracts coming off the books IIRC they are 10 million over the cap. They can save about 20 million by cutting 4 starters and get 8 under.

But that gives them 8 million of cap space to sign ~14 starters + depth + draft picks.

It's good to be a Pats fan.


That's no problem! According to their mocks they can trade Cromartie for a 3rd and Sanchez for a 4th with a RB thrown in.


Getting a 3rd for Cromartie isn't crazy at all.


Maybe if Magic Johnson owned an NFL franchise. Hard to see many teams interested in bringing in Cromartie and his brood when he has a 7M base salary next year and 4.3M when he turns 30. He only fetched a conditional third 2 1/2 years ago (that became a 2nd), and that was when he was cheap.
_________________
2012 Adopt-A-Patriot: Wes Welker
WES WELKER IS OBSOLETE IN THIS OFFENSE
Stats:
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group