Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts after Week 4's game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Thoughts after Week 4's game Reply with quote

I'll get straight to the point:

-Once again I did not hear Justin Tuck's name all night
-I heard Osi's name all night but not in a good way
-This is the first game I will put solid blame on Eli. Threw a terrible pick and nearly threw another in the endzone before that
-Good game from Cruz and Hixon.
-Barden cost us the game in all likelihood but at least he made some plays
-Please...no more Bradshaw.
-Our returners are quite good. Wilson just wasn't quite fast enough to break through the last line of defense
-Speaking of Wilson, we need to give him carries. Even if he drops a little pass early in the game it's not going to help his confidence by sheltering him.
-The O-Line actually did a decent job as the game went on
-Except Baas' awful snaps
-The playcalling at the end...
-C-Web looks finished out there but Prince's career has just begun
-Linval and Rocky did great, Austin not so much
-JPP was not on the stat sheet but he had another good game. It's hard to get Vick if you don't collapse the pocket, but at the same time LT was great at bringing down the QB with one arm through a blocker

It hurts but it's not the end of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre on the money man. I still think this is a pretty good Giants team. If I was running a mock draft for the Giants right now it's probably go:

OT
CB
DE (Get a guy to help as a situational pass rusher)

That pick Eli threw after picking up that 4th and 1 was just a really bad play. Changed the complexity of the whole game IMO. But hey they're 2-2 not 0-4. And they did win the Super Bowl last year so we've got that Smile
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I forgot about Baas' snaps. Friggin ridiculous. What a waste of money that turd has been
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy that our defense did not break. Contain was bad but the goal-line defense was stout as ever.

Just like last year, when Tuck steps up our team is on a completely different level. Need to collapse that pocket.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, our players did just enough to win that game. The play calling at the end lost it for us. That and Tynes not having a strong enough leg. Freaking Greg Z-whatever was kicking 60 yarders today and 56 yarders in Soldier Field. Where can we get one of those?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
IMO, our players did just enough to win that game. The play calling at the end lost it for us. That and Tynes not having a strong enough leg. Freaking Greg Z-whatever was kicking 60 yarders today and 56 yarders in Soldier Field. Where can we get one of those?

To be fair Tynes has made some big kicks for us. But yeah. If there's an awesome kicker out there in the draft I wouldnt mind seeing the Giants burn a 5th rounder on him
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

To be fair Tynes has made some big kicks for us. But yeah. If there's an awesome kicker out there in the draft I wouldnt mind seeing the Giants burn a 5th rounder on him

I'd take that over a 6th Round development Tackle any day. I just can't bring myself to blame Tynes though, he's such a likable guy Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I'd take that over a 6th Round development Tackle any day. I just can't bring myself to blame Tynes though, he's such a likable guy Laughing

Heck no dude that kick was on the money. Just a few yards short. I blame friggin Barden for deciding he felt like playing DB for a play and tackling Nnamdi.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

Heck no dude that kick was on the money. Just a few yards short. I blame friggin Barden for deciding he felt like playing DB for a play and tackling Nnamdi.

Barden was in a tough situation. The throw needed to be better.
maes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not blaming tynes at all for that missed kick. he has made some huge kicks in the past and we knew he wasn't a power kicker. we should've ran another play after the first time we got iced... or a fake, that would've been sick.
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I just think going to him was a bad call, should have checked his other reads.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 40 Sacks: 3 FF: 1 Interceptions: 0
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I just think going to him was a bad call, should have checked his other reads.

I agree. It was a risk not worth taking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very impressed with Prince today. Finally played like a first round pick out there. Prince and Jayron is going to be a tough tandem.

^Stone85 on the sig^
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
I was very impressed with Prince today. Finally played like a first round pick out there. Prince and Jayron is going to be a tough tandem.

Prince has been lockdown in the little he has played this year. Really, really impressed by him.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:

Prince has been lockdown in the little he has played this year. Really, really impressed by him.

Prince did his Job and did it well as predicted , I Hope Kenny Phillips is alright seriously , and speaking of names i didn't hear called all night , where was Michael Boley ?? I Did not hear his name at all yesterday , i know it's been said already but I'm gonna say it now when they iced the kicker i would have put Eli back in there during that time out to pass 1 final quick pass to the outside side corner to get a few extra yards , Tynes actually kicks better from the opposite side of that line , David Wilson is starting to get it together and andre brown went down and was limping as we all saw , to me Bradshaw did a good job , I Believe we're going to & will Improve especially on the offense side of the ball and i'm thinking it all happens as soon as the very next game In Week 5 , David Baas Has no choice but to get his act together as im sure he'll be the guy till "the season ending cliffhanger" , Cruz did a Great job , wish he didn't slip and fall on that route towards the end of the game cause he was wide open for an easy 1st down and hence we would have had more play time on the clock with better field position , in hindsight being that it was a divisional game we just have to expect these close NFC EAST Nail Biters It's just all in our DNA to do so , Hixon did a good job coming off his injury , As For Osi play umm Just Smdh & was pissed when he blew that 3rd and 4 Coming Offside , Well guys Good Game & of Course see u all Next Week 4 Another Giant Battle!! , Seriously Next Week We Take No Prisoners!!!! & Come out with the Mentality of STOMP & CRUSH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: