Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fire Danny Crossman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When should Crossman be fired?
As soon as the game ends.
89%
 89%  [ 35 ]
If he has another bad couple of games.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
The end of the year.
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I'm in complete denial about our ST.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 39

OnlikeNdamukong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Yeah, we look lost in every aspect. Our schemes just look like they are way behind the curve of the NFL. I'm not happy with any of our coaches this year.

It's also pathetic that Schwartz says after this game that are schemes are fine. This is embarrassing.
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnlikeNdamukong wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Yeah, we look lost in every aspect. Our schemes just look like they are way behind the curve of the NFL. I'm not happy with any of our coaches this year.

It's also pathetic that Schwartz says after this game that are schemes are fine. This is embarrassing.
It's appearing to me that none of the Lions brass handled success very well. That includes everyone from Mayhew to Schwartz, Linehan to Crossman.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippitover wrote:
does not look like Crossman is going anywhere. It will officially be a long year.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_coach_jim_schwar_55.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29

When Swartz was asked if Crossman will be fired:

"No. That's not a consideration," Schwartz said. "If we're getting out-schemed, if we were making continual mistakes; there's physical plays we have to make, and we're professional athletes, and we have to make them."

Yep just read it in the press. Saw it on twitter too couple places.

I guess I will be starting any ST/D in fantasy against Det whenever possible

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
tippitover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
tippitover wrote:
does not look like Crossman is going anywhere. It will officially be a long year.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_coach_jim_schwar_55.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29

"No. That's not a consideration," Schwartz said. "If we're getting out-schemed, if we were making continual mistakes; there's physical plays we have to make, and we're professional athletes, and we have to make them."

LOL. At least there's some positives that come from this.

Thanks to Smack for the sig!

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippitover wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
tippitover wrote:

LOL. At least there's some positives that come from this.

Yep. Even a poor D is a good matchup ST wise.

Freaking first team since 1940 to allow a PR and KR TD in back to back games I read somewhere.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Zack Follett. He may not have been great but he was electrifying on Spec Ops
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack Follett ‏@ZakarianFollett
Dang. Special teams comes down to attitude and No one on the Lions wants to be on ST and this is the result
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msuspartans#1 wrote:
Zack Follett ‏@ZakarianFollett
Dang. Special teams comes down to attitude and No one on the Lions wants to be on ST and this is the result

His attitude was rare. It's too bad people can't share his enthusiasm.
38andy38

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068279/article/jim-schwartz-lions-wont-fire-special-teams-coach?module=HP11_MYNFL

In a post game interview Harvin pointed the finger at Lions' ST coaching, he said the Lions covered the opening kick exactly like they did the week prior and he not only knew where the hole would be but he could have walked through it.

Pathetic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068279/article/jim-schwartz-lions-wont-fire-special-teams-coach?module=HP11_MYNFL

In a post game interview Harvin pointed the finger at Lions' ST coaching, he said the Lions covered the opening kick exactly like they did the week prior and he not only knew where the hole would be but he could have walked through it.

Pathetic

You know it's bad when Jason Hanson starts talking:

Quote:
"We're garbage right now, and we're killing our team," Hanson said about the special teams units, via the Detroit Free Press. "I think big things need to change. There's no excuse for us giving up touchdowns and not covering."

tytalton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20121001/SPORTS01/121001080/Jim-Schwartz-brushes-off-Leslie-Frazier-s-comments-obvious-holes-Lions-special-teams-coverage

To add to it Frazier says he saw some obvious holes in the lions ST coverage that they were able to exploit. I think Frazier's comments were genuine and Schwartz was trying to protect Crossman perhaps with his own comments.

Sad state of affairs in lionville - I'm hoping Schwartz doesn't go all Marinelli on us and retreat to the bunker while muttering about the invisible.

I can't remember being this disappointed about a loss since JS and MM took over - maybe it's because what they are doing looks so woefully inept out there from the players to the schemes. This lack of preparation isn't just disappointing - it is kind of scary. What if these guys really have no clue?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Brian Moorman. He had a great punt earlier, landed at the 2 yard line about a foot in bounds, took a bad hop and got downed at around the 7. I like what the Cowboys have been doing all day on ST really.

Fire Crossman, get the RB's off of ST, throw our LB's, some safeties and the hammer on ST.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Locke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really not surprised by Schwartz backing Crossman. Schwartz just signed a new contract, his security is there. If I were him, I wouldn't be making any brash moves either.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locke wrote:
I'm really not surprised by Schwartz backing Crossman. Schwartz just signed a new contract, his security is there. If I were him, I wouldn't be making any brash moves either.

What's brash about firing Crossman not only after the last two weeks but the constant terrible special teams play since he got here? Firing Crossman, to me, would be the opposite of a brash move.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Locke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my mind, nothing.

In Schwartz's mind, it says that he is admitting there is something wrong with something that he had his hands in.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: