Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Bears Thoughts 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5050
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 Bears ST did it big and went to the SB...

Maybe the Vikes will do the same Shocked

Also if you are suffering though the C4 UK coverage I feel for you bro...

A quote for you... "the scoring in this game was high, but not as high as Ricky Williams..."

Spat my wine out when I heard that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19164
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:
2006 Bears ST did it big and went to the SB...

Maybe the Vikes will do the same Shocked

Also if you are suffering though the C4 UK coverage I feel for you bro...

A quote for you... "the scoring in this game was high, but not as high as Ricky Williams..."

Spat my wine out when I heard that...
That wasn't about the Vikes STs being awesome, that was about Detroits STs being that bad. They have given up a return TD in EVERY game this year.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17406
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
2006 Bears ST did it big and went to the SB...

Maybe the Vikes will do the same Shocked

Also if you are suffering though the C4 UK coverage I feel for you bro...

A quote for you... "the scoring in this game was high, but not as high as Ricky Williams..."

Spat my wine out when I heard that...
That wasn't about the Vikes STs being awesome, that was about Detroits STs being that bad. They have given up a return TD in EVERY game this year.


Shocked i hope we dont have to play them then
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BEARS24


Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 5050
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
BEARS24 wrote:
2006 Bears ST did it big and went to the SB...

Maybe the Vikes will do the same Shocked

Also if you are suffering though the C4 UK coverage I feel for you bro...

A quote for you... "the scoring in this game was high, but not as high as Ricky Williams..."

Spat my wine out when I heard that...
That wasn't about the Vikes STs being awesome, that was about Detroits STs being that bad. They have given up a return TD in EVERY game this year.

First time ive heard that stat... Also Lol!

Damn you and your statistical superiority Superman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slaymont Harris


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 1146
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a random stat: The Bears defense through the 1st 4 games has averaged 8.25 net pts given up per game (subtracting the pick 6, special teams score, and the 3 defensive touchdowns) to go along with 3.5 takeaways a game, and that includes the 8 pts that Orton scored in garbage time.

Some people look at yards given up to rank defenses, but I think this is a better indicator as to just how well the defense has played. For example, the 49ers, who many think are the best defense in the league (or at least the NFC) have given up 12.75 net pts a game to go along with 2 takeaways a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slaymont Harris


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 1146
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEARS24 wrote:

First time ive heard that stat... Also Lol!

Damn you and your statistical superiority Superman

The Lions gave up a kick and punt return TD in each of the last two games, and I thought I heard that this was the 1st time since 1940 that a team had done that (maybe that was just the last time the Lions allowed that, but I thought it was for the whole league).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16610
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommie Harris doing big things post-NFL:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-exbear-tommie-harris-arrested-in-wrigleyville-20121002,0,2256383.story
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16610
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Biggs‏@BradBiggs

#Bears spokesman says NFL will not change ruling of Lance Briggs touchdown play. So, Briggs gets credit for pick. No sack for Henry Melton.

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19164
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
Brad Biggs‏@BradBiggs

#Bears spokesman says NFL will not change ruling of Lance Briggs touchdown play. So, Briggs gets credit for pick. No sack for Henry Melton.
That's crap, I'm protesting by keeping it as a FR in my sig
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Bears worked out free agent TE Brody Eldridge Tuesday.

A fifth-round pick in 2010, Eldridge served a four-game PED ban to begin the season. The Bears have one of the league's weaker tight-end collections, but Eldridge wouldn't be in for significant snaps if he landed a deal.


Eldridge is a blocking H-Back…brining him in makes me a little worried about E-Rod…hopefully they are just covering their bases and Rodriguez will be back for the Lions game.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9728
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
The Bears worked out free agent TE Brody Eldridge Tuesday.

A fifth-round pick in 2010, Eldridge served a four-game PED ban to begin the season. The Bears have one of the league's weaker tight-end collections, but Eldridge wouldn't be in for significant snaps if he landed a deal.


Eldridge is a blocking H-Back…brining him in makes me a little worried about E-Rod…hopefully they are just covering their bases and Rodriguez will be back for the Lions game.


He is a heck of a blocker. He also played C and LG for them.

This makes me more worried for Kyle Adams. With Davis showing more as a receiver maybe they want another blocker to go with Spaeth.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16610
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears players had their "rookie night" which I presume is when the rookies take the veterans out to dinner....here's a picture of their bill from Henry Melton...


http://instagram.com/p/QmplZlDEf_/










$38,000!
Laughing Shocked
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bears MLB Brian Urlacher (knee) admits he's still not at 100 percent.

Urlacher has just 20 tackles, no interceptions and two pass breakups through five games. His snaps have been limited at times. "It's frustrating not being to do things you've always been able to do," he said. Urlacher is finding out how hard it is to come back off sprained knee ligaments at age 34. The bye weeks should do him some good.


As I wrote in my mock not being the same player you were before takes its toll regardless of the level you play at.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19164
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Bears MLB Brian Urlacher (knee) admits he's still not at 100 percent.

Urlacher has just 20 tackles, no interceptions and two pass breakups through five games. His snaps have been limited at times. "It's frustrating not being to do things you've always been able to do," he said. Urlacher is finding out how hard it is to come back off sprained knee ligaments at age 34. The bye weeks should do him some good.


As I wrote in my mock not being the same player you were before takes its toll regardless of the level you play at.
If we win the SuperBowl I could see Urlacher walking away and preparing for a yellow jacket, but I think Brian would have to be carted off the field w/o that ring.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22677
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Bears MLB Brian Urlacher (knee) admits he's still not at 100 percent.

Urlacher has just 20 tackles, no interceptions and two pass breakups through five games. His snaps have been limited at times. "It's frustrating not being to do things you've always been able to do," he said. Urlacher is finding out how hard it is to come back off sprained knee ligaments at age 34. The bye weeks should do him some good.


As I wrote in my mock not being the same player you were before takes its toll regardless of the level you play at.
If we win the SuperBowl I could see Urlacher walking away and preparing for a yellow jacket, but I think Brian would have to be carted off the field w/o that ring.


Still a long way to go in the season and his knee might get stronger but if it doesn’t I’m not sure the option will be his...it sucks to even be talking about Urlacher like that.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 8 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group