Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Titans @ Texans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Barwin invisible for the 4th straight game. We should give Mercilus some playing time just to see what he can do as he can't do any worse.

I'm starting to get a little worried too, but in the first 4 games he has gone up against some pretty good left tackles (Long, Monroe, Clady, and Roos). He will go up against Ferguson next week. Only problem I have letting Mercilus getting PT in Barwin's spot is that, Mercilus sucks against the run since he is still adjusting the position. Our run D hasn't been too good as is.

I have no idea why Kubiak would say that Barwin is having the best season of his career if he wasn't. Sacks are a finicky thing anyway, his sacks will come around.

Also, can't do any worse? Lol what? That insinuates you think he is playing VERY bad.

Didn't mean it like that but whatever. It's not just sacks, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the ball. It seems as if everybody is getting in on the action besides him. Brooks Reed isn't putting up great numbers but you can clearly tell he's been playing good because he's around the ball making tackles. For supposedly our best/2nd best pass rusher he's been MIA.

To be fair, LT's are alot better than RT's no offense to Brooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:
Um.. #Titans guard Leroy Harris on JJ Watt: "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those 2 plays." #Texans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:
Um.. #Titans guard Leroy Harris on JJ Watt: "He's not anything special...I locked him down most of the game except those 2 plays." #Texans

LOL beat me to it. Yeah he mad. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

what a joke
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

So not only does Leroy Harris suck but he's also delusional. Great. Rolling Eyes

BTW, well played game by you guys today.

Zach Brown-
Taylor Thompson-
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

Did he forget about the 3 TFLs too?

Olineman always "lock" a defender down most of the time. 5 or 6 plays in the backfield (sacks or tfl's) is a GREAT day even though that is really a small percentage of the total number of plays.

It always baffles me how little some players actually know about the game.

#JDI
dsorc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Didn't mean it like that but whatever. It's not just sacks, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near the ball. It seems as if everybody is getting in on the action besides him. Brooks Reed isn't putting up great numbers but you can clearly tell he's been playing good because he's around the ball making tackles. For supposedly our best/2nd best pass rusher he's been MIA.

To be fair, LT's are alot better than RT's no offense to Brooks

Reed also has the advantage of having Watt next to him most of the time. Barwin is doing ok but he clearly needs to do better. He's gotten a couple of hurries where the QB steps up into a Watt/Smith. He's faced some though LTs but he needs to figure out a way to step it up. I'm sure he's thinking about it too since he's on a contract year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

With Amano out for the year, someone had to pick up on the sucking.

Seems like this idiot actually tries to talk it up though. Should be entertaining.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
CAS22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

So not only does Leroy Harris suck but he's also delusional. Great. Rolling Eyes

BTW, well played game by you guys today.

Yeah man, I feel bad for Jake. Dude is a good kid and it's a shame that the injury bug got him. The matchup will be a lot closer in Nashville, especially assuming that Locker, McCarthy, and Britt will all be back by then.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I want this joker off the team now. NOW. God I hated him so much for his putrid play, and now it turns out he's a delusional egomaniac. Watt wiped the floor with him today...just like everyone else does.

What an idiot.

Good game today guys...thought we might give you a fight but good ol' Hasselsuck killed any chance of that. Well played and hopefully we can give it a better go in Nashville.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

LOL. That would be so much funnier if it was Eugene Amano.

#TeamManfred
houstonX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:
Texans win 38-7. Garbage touchdown given up by the Texans D in the fourth quarter. Typical. Can't shut out a team or what? Season over.

Can you believe how pissed I was when the Texans gave up that garbage touchdown in the fourth quarter?

I was money.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houstonX wrote:
houstonX wrote:
Texans win 38-7. Garbage touchdown given up by the Texans D in the fourth quarter. Typical. Can't shut out a team or what? Season over.

Can you believe how pissed I was when the Texans gave up that garbage touchdown in the fourth quarter?

I was money.

Yep, saw this while catching up on gameday thread and was impressed. Sorry, there is only room for one Apollodamus around here (although I try not to burn my soothsaying cred on score predictions). Maybe there is room for Houston X "The Greek" or "Vegas" Houston X.

FYI - Vegas was all over this one with the highest spread of the week by far at 12 (which is pretty high considering our offense and history with Tenn). My old NFL system was to ignore my gut and always go with the dog when getting over 11 points, or play the under when it hits 50 (I would have been a double loser this week with this and Bills/Pats, so I'm glad I ended this vice decades ago).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
LOL
Tania Ganguli wrote:

There really is nothing more to say than "LOL."

^LORK 88^
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to love this sign yesterday (look for the hot chick behind the Titans fan in the bull pen with the sign that reads "I don't always watch teams that suck, but when I do it's the Titans".) Almost made up for the pathetically embarassing "wave" that Texan (and Astros) fans still think is cool.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: