Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Bah. What a frustrating game for both teams. Good game, guys.

RGIII has a bright future. Hopefully this isn't as good as he can be. He makes good decisions and really only runs when it's designed or when he has to. He looks better than Newton did last year. He's a much better passer. He's pretty solid moving around in the pocket. He throws a petty ball.

I hated the flag on Barron though. I thought it was a great tackle and it prevented the pitch.

Cundiff is the only reason we were able to come back. He's also the reason you guys won.
exactly!! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

RGIII has a bright future. Hopefully this isn't as good as he can be. He makes good decisions and really only runs when it's designed or when he has to. He looks better than Newton did last year. He's a much better passer. He's pretty solid moving around in the pocket. He throws a petty ball.

I hated the flag on Barron though. I thought it was a great tackle and it prevented the pitch.

Cundiff is the only reason we were able to come back. He's also the reason you guys won.

One letter makes so much of a difference. Laughing Good game, bf333. I can't say I enjoyed the second half, but it's my freakin' birthday! I have a right to celebrate, right?
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

One letter makes so much of a difference. Laughing Good game, bf333. I can't say I enjoyed the second half, but it's my freakin' birthday! I have a right to celebrate, right?

Laughing Yeah. I meant "pretty."

I'm still pretty sore with this loss.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
You guys should honestly just sign a rookie kicker with a little potential. That's what the rest of the teams with kicker problems have been doing since last year. It's working great Very Happy

We had a better kicker. Then cut him for Cundiff.

Exactly.

One yard farther out and that's a miss on the last one; they knew what they were getting into...sigh.

You and Woz correctly pointed this out. This is the most frustrating thing.
sounds like you guys would have rather he missed... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

exactly!! Cool

He was a yard from pulling a Penn State kicker there. To be fair, the Penn State kicker wasn't supposed to be the starter; he was only thrust into that role when their main guy left PSU. Cundiff is a professional. To miss from 41 and 31 while just barely making a second 41 yard field goal ... this isn't good.

Cundiff after four games:
<30: 0 for 0 (N/A)
30-39: 3 for 4 (75%)
40-49: 3 for 4 (75%)
50+: 0 for 2 (0%)

Career:
<30: 50 for 50 (100%)
30-39: 42 for 55 (76.3%)
40-49: 37 for 52 (71.1%)
50+: 5 for 21 (23.8%)

As I said before, he's an average kicker who had one spectacular year. Take that year out and he's sub-par.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
You guys should honestly just sign a rookie kicker with a little potential. That's what the rest of the teams with kicker problems have been doing since last year. It's working great Very Happy

Exactly.

One yard farther out and that's a miss on the last one; they knew what they were getting into...sigh.

Not at all, and not only because I want St. Louis to end up with a really weak draft pick from us.

I'm just pointing out that we cannot rely on Cundiff. That thinking of him as an upgrade was a incredible joke.

EDIT: While I didn't want him to miss, I was fully expecting him to shank it again. I didn't think it was inside of the upright at first.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/09/30/week-4-redskins-at-bucs/?wpisrc=al_sports

Griffin's headset went out on the final drive nd he called about 1/2 the plays on his own!

Quote:
Problems with the headset on the final drive gave him a boost of confidence:
“It felt great. The whole drive was a little complicated. In practice every week, we always practice me calling the plays in two-minute [drills], acting as if the headset has gone out. The funny thing is the headset did go out on that drive. That’s why I was having to run back and forth to the sideline. I had to call a couple of my own plays and we moved the chains and got in field-goal range so it was very neat how that practice situation, that practice scenario played out in the game. Hopefully, you don’t want that to happen, but it was pretty cool.”
He estimated that he and Kyle Shanahan each called about half the plays on the drive. “Normally, I don’t call my own plays. I trust my offensive coordinator that he knows what he’s doing in those situations. But it both looked like what we were doing collectively.”

Last edited by turtle28 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
TLSkins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had more confidence that Cundiff was going to make that kick, even with all of those misses, than I would have with Gano. Cundiff has been pretty solid without this performance today (and his 2 57+ yard fg tries); I don't know why people are wanting him out already.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:
I had more confidence that Cundiff was going to make that kick, even with all of those misses, than I would have with Gano. Cundiff has been pretty solid without this performance today (and his 2 57+ yard fg tries); I don't know why people are wanting him out already.
if he didn't make that kick, I was ready to move on, but I am definitely more confident with Cundiff taking a game winning kick than Gano. Gano missed several possible game winners
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

exactly!! Cool

He was a yard from pulling a Penn State kicker there. To be fair, the Penn State kicker wasn't supposed to be the starter; he was only thrust into that role when their main guy left PSU. Cundiff is a professional. To miss from 41 and 31 while just barely making a second 41 yard field goal ... this isn't good.

Cundiff after four games:
<30: 0 for 0 (N/A)
30-39: 3 for 4 (75%)
40-49: 3 for 4 (75%)
50+: 0 for 2 (0%)

Career:
<30: 50 for 50 (100%)
30-39: 42 for 55 (76.3%)
40-49: 37 for 52 (71.1%)
50+: 5 for 21 (23.8%)

As I said before, he's an average kicker who had one spectacular year. Take that year out and he's sub-par.
yes but Gano is no better. If we want an upgrade, re-sign Rackers
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:

Exactly.

Not at all, and not only because I want St. Louis to end up with a really weak draft pick from us.

I'm just pointing out that we cannot rely on Cundiff. That thinking of him as an upgrade was a incredible joke.

EDIT: While I didn't want him to miss, I was fully expecting him to shank it again. I didn't think it was inside of the upright at first.

^^^ This... I wanted him to make it so we could get the win. But I was fully expecting him to shank it left (which he almost did)

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
if he didn't make that kick, I was ready to move on, but I am definitely more confident with Cundiff taking a game winning kick than Gano. Gano missed several possible game winners

And made several as well.

And enabled us to stay in quite a few games (i.e. - the Cards game last year - only reason we were in that game was he went 4 for 4).

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now we have 2 games Cundiff won for us. 4/4 vs the Saints and a game winner today vs the Bucs. Wink
TLSkins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:

And enabled us to stay in quite a few games (i.e. - the Cards game last year - only reason we were in that game was he went 4 for 4).

It doesn't metter how many field goals you make if you can't make it when it really matters -- Gano has choked way too many times.
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:

It doesn't metter how many field goals you make if you can't make it when it really matters -- Gano has choked way too many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nURz04Y9s8

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: