Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we being to hard on Freeman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I just don't see Schiano drafted an athletic QB. A pocket QB is what it looks like he prefers, i'm fine with us taking Barkley. I know people around here aren't big on him but the kid is one of the best to come out of USC, thrown a few 6 td games, the most 5 td games in USC history and i believe several 4 td games. Only thing is he can't beat Stanford, but hey Manning couldn't beat Florida so i'm not worried about that. Plus it doesn't hurt i'm a huge USC fan.

Quote:
On Sunday Countdown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated that "It's been mistakenly assumed (Matt Barkley) would be the lock No. 1 quarterback for the 2013 draft."
Mortensen likely means in the public's eye, since Barkley has been mentioned in the same breath as last year's top two quarterbacks prior to the 2011 Draft. We feel the same since we have considered Arkansas senior Tyler Wilson a better prospect and now have moved West Virginia's Geno Smith ahead. And that is only considering the seniors. Barkley is in total command of USC's offense, but aside from his placement and touch he does not offer any outstanding traits. Sep. 30 - 11:41 am et

You done? How many USC qb's must fail in order for u USC fans to stop? Like its never happened.

Like all USC Quarterbacks are the same.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time for a new QB. #SUCK FOR GENO
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I would love to get Geno, but we will not ever suck on purpose. We could easily be 4-0 right now. I don't wan't to hear that BS! We still have a shot at the playoffs so why give up?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I would love to get Geno, but we will not ever suck on purpose. We could easily be 4-0 right now. I don't wan't to hear that BS! We still have a shot at the playoffs so why give up?

Yeah I know. Its frustrating, but sometimes to get better, you need to get that top flight QB Prospect, something the Bucs never had and probably won't have a shot at.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yeah I know. Its frustrating, but sometimes to get better, you need to get that top flight QB Prospect, something the Bucs never had and probably won't have a shot at.

We had Steve Young once. Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yeah, we also could have drafted Aaron Rodgers . UHhh. What could have been.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

A Rod wouldn't be the A Rod we know today if he didn't sit behind Favre for a few years.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

A Rod wouldn't be the A Rod we know today if he didn't sit behind Favre for a few years.

How do we know that for sure? He's 10 x better qb than Farve IMO. Favre was an INT machine.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Don't forget same system and terminology for his entire career. If you don't have to think about the play, certainly a lot easier to play the game. I have no interest at this point on drafting a QB in the first round.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
mfw096 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

How do we know that for sure? He's 10 x better qb than Farve IMO. Favre was an INT machine.

Because coming out of the draft Rodgers was considered the rawest of the three QB's (Smith, Rodgers and Campbell). When he went to Green Bay they spent the first two years he was there re-inventing him in every facet, from his footwork to his ability to read progressions aka doing it the right way. If he would have come here back then we would have been terrible as we did not have a run game since we only had an aging Mike Alstott (who ended up retiring that same summer), for him to work with. Cadillac before that horrendous knee injury was on had the potential to be a top 10 running back. I'm saying that had we drafted Rodgers instead we would have been forced to play him (a raw QB with his risk high reward) too early (sound familiar cough cough our current QB). At this point is Freeman aggravating yes, but at this point if we are drafting a QB I would like for us to select a QB in the mid rounds that we actually develop properly as opposed to drafting a QB and starting him too soon in which case we would in the same predicament.

OT: I do want to make one note regarding Freeman: Did anyone else notice that that Sullivan and Freeman finally for the first time this season actually had a sit down after the last 3 and out in the first half to go over the prior series and after that (in the second half) Freeman some what stepped up. Is that a coincidence, I think not. I have a feeling that we could see some changes going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the Washington game, yes. Yes, we are being too hard on Freeman. What happens if we had won? "Oh, we won despite Freeman." Am I right?

He's been anything but great this year, but so has the whole team; from the coaching, to the playcalling, down to the players.

The 1-4 start isn't ONLY on Freeman's shoulders.
klopp24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith would look good in Pewter Wink I willl admit Freeman was Balling in the 2nd half, but where is that the whole game? He def has accuracy issues.

One of the most annoying things i have on Freeman is that after most of his incompletions he looks at the WR like they did wrong. Which i'm sure at times they do, But many times its his accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
I just don't see Schiano drafted an athletic QB. A pocket QB is what it looks like he prefers, i'm fine with us taking Barkley. I know people around here aren't big on him but the kid is one of the best to come out of USC, thrown a few 6 td games, the most 5 td games in USC history and i believe several 4 td games. Only thing is he can't beat Stanford, but hey Manning couldn't beat Florida so i'm not worried about that. Plus it doesn't hurt i'm a huge USC fan.

Quote:
On Sunday Countdown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated that "It's been mistakenly assumed (Matt Barkley) would be the lock No. 1 quarterback for the 2013 draft."
Mortensen likely means in the public's eye, since Barkley has been mentioned in the same breath as last year's top two quarterbacks prior to the 2011 Draft. We feel the same since we have considered Arkansas senior Tyler Wilson a better prospect and now have moved West Virginia's Geno Smith ahead. And that is only considering the seniors. Barkley is in total command of USC's offense, but aside from his placement and touch he does not offer any outstanding traits. Sep. 30 - 11:41 am et

You done? How many USC qb's must fail in order for u USC fans to stop? Like its never happened.

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Hmmm 14 USC qb's, 1pro bowler, 1(backup) SB title........... You done?
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klopp24 wrote:
Geno Smith would look good in Pewter Wink I willl admit Freeman was Balling in the 2nd half, but where is that the whole game? He def has accuracy issues.

One of the most annoying things i have on Freeman is that after most of his incompletions he looks at the WR like they did wrong. Which i'm sure at times they do, But many times its his accuracy.

I don't know what the defense runs on any given play, but if the receiver is open against zone he should stop and sit there. That's like WR 101.

But Free has had some ugly throws.
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

Quote:

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Hmmm 14 USC qb's, 1pro bowler, 1(backup) SB title........... You done?

Gadzooks!! Shocked I knew there was bad history of USC qb's but I didn't think it was that bad.

Maybe Barkley will break the trend! Laughing

#EmbraceTheSuck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: