Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

March to 12,000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Andre has been targeted 24 times so far after 4 games which is WAY fewer than most #1 receivers in the league. For comparison's sake Owen Daniels has more targets...Target Andre, Schaub!

We're 4-0, and have won 3 of our 4 games by at least 20 points. This is becoming a joke. The crap people complain about.

The guy wants AJ to hit a milestone and is proving stats to compare Andre to other wrs in the league, why are you always ragging on dudes?

Because random Texans fan cares a hell of a lot more about AJ hitting this milestone than AJ does. We're 4-0 and destroying people, and people are picking on target statistics. It's gonna happen, just chill and quite complaining.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Andre has been targeted 24 times so far after 4 games which is WAY fewer than most #1 receivers in the league. For comparison's sake Owen Daniels has more targets...Target Andre, Schaub!

We're 4-0, and have won 3 of our 4 games by at least 20 points. This is becoming a joke. The crap people complain about.

Regardless of our record how is it complaining to want my favorite team to use its best player more? Rolling Eyes Jesus, relax.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

The guy wants AJ to hit a milestone and is proving stats to compare Andre to other wrs in the league, why are you always ragging on dudes?

Because random Texans fan cares a hell of a lot more about AJ hitting this milestone than AJ does. We're 4-0 and destroying people, and people are picking on target statistics. It's gonna happen, just chill and quite complaining.

LOL, come on dude, of course fans are more excited than Andre is, WE'RE FANS...we are emotional and want our players to be the GOAT, asking fellow fans to tame themselves is pointless and only going to cause everyone to argue. If you do not like us pulling and pumping each other up for the milestone, then avoid this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Regardless of our record how is it complaining to want my favorite team to use its best player more? Rolling Eyes Jesus, relax.

Yes, it is. Sorry that my pet peeve is people complaining, but if AJ saw you complaining about the Texans not throwing the ball to him more when they are 4-0 and demolishing teams, he'd probably tell you to shut your can and enjoy the Texans being so good. As Apollo said, it is GOOD that the days of AJ at 1,500 yards are gone to where we can control the clock, make decisive strikes, and march our way to the superbowl, which is infinitely more important.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Yes, it is. Sorry that my pet peeve is people complaining, but if AJ saw you complaining about the Texans not throwing the ball to him more when they are 4-0 and demolishing teams, he'd probably tell you to shut your can and enjoy the Texans being so good. As Apollo said, it is GOOD that the days of AJ at 1,500 yards are gone to where we can control the clock, make decisive strikes, and march our way to the superbowl, which is infinitely more important.

No one is disagreeing with this premise but we are saying we would like him to hit milestones still. The guy is literally less than 80 yards away, it would have been AWESOME had he hit this record at HOME, now he is more than likely to hit at the Jets which is sad for some of us. We're on an internet forum, no one gives a damn about your pet peeves.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

No one is disagreeing with this premise but we are saying we would like him to hit milestones still. The guy is literally less than 80 yards away, it would have been AWESOME had he hit this record at HOME, now he is more than likely to hit at the Jets which is sad for some of us. We're on an internet forum, no one gives a damn about your pet peeves.

Let's also not overrate this game. We were only up 7 at half. We were sputtering on offense. And got two defensive TD's.

Milestone aside, we should have been targeting him more. The offense was not doing what it needed to do in this game for quite some time.

#JDI
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Let's also not overrate this game. We were only up 7 at half. We were sputtering on offense. And got two defensive TD's.

Milestone aside, we should have been targeting him more. The offense was not doing what it needed to do in this game for quite some time.

Agreed, it still blows my mind why we do not throw him faeds or even target him in the red zone. Its not that I complain that he needs the TDS always in the red zone, but the guy is a straight beast, you would think they would try to throw to him more.....the throw to OD where he broke tackles and scored, AJ beat his guy immediately and had no safety over the top, he was wide open, Schaub never even looked his way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all about respect, the texans get little respect normally, and so to watch a guy like AJ, who wasn't even the first WR drafted, hit milestones is a big deal

Personally I was hoping he would get 11,000 this season but that would require going over 100 yards in almost all of rest of the games

He needs to finish his career with 1,000 receptions and 14,000 yards and he isn't getting any younger so throw him the ball
DreDay80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
mse326 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:

Agreed, it still blows my mind why we do not throw him faeds or even target him in the red zone. Its not that I complain that he needs the TDS always in the red zone, but the guy is a straight beast, you would think they would try to throw to him more.....the throw to OD where he broke tackles and scored, AJ beat his guy immediately and had no safety over the top, he was wide open, Schaub never even looked his way

In 4 games he has 1 red zone target which is mind-boggling for a 6'3 230 lb manchild regardless of our record.
treece300e

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Schaub will get hurt and then TJ Yates will relieve him. That will solve the issues of AJ not getting targeted frequently. Laughing Laughing

In case the faces don't express it, I'm obviously being facetious.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd almost rather him get it on MNF, in front of the whole world on national TV. Given that Antonio Cromartie will be one-on-one with AJ the whole night, I see it happening then.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre is still on pace for over 1,000 receiving yards. Y'all are making this a bigger deal than it is. At this point, keeping him healthy for the playoffs is much more important than throwing him tons of bombs to pad his stats. Being the best receiver on a great football team is much more important than being the best receiver on an expansion team, which is what the bulk of Andre's career consisted of.

Sig by matthouston91
CAS22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
Andre is still on pace for over 1,000 receiving yards. Y'all are making this a bigger deal than it is. At this point, keeping him healthy for the playoffs is much more important than throwing him tons of bombs to pad his stats. Being the best receiver on a great football team is much more important than being the best receiver on an expansion team, which is what the bulk of Andre's career consisted of.

This. I do not know about y'all but I want to win the Superbowl. Keeping Andre healthy is crucial to the playoff success of this team. I have no problems with the decrease in plays and targets.

And by the way, watching from the stands yesterday made me notice how much he comes out. We are being extremely cautious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

This. I do not know about y'all but I want to win the Superbowl. Keeping Andre healthy is crucial to the playoff success of this team. I have no problems with the decrease in plays and targets.

And by the way, watching from the stands yesterday made me notice how much he comes out. We are being extremely cautious.

This is such a fantasy football driven "issue" vs. real football. Andre is #12 in the AFC in yards and #10 in TDs in the real world which isn't too shabby considering he finished 43rd in yards and only had 2 tds all season last year. If you could draw up the first 1/4th of the season and place us at 4-0 with a healthy AJ only needing to be targeted 6 times per game and catching 4 of them at 17 yards per reception, I'd take that in a heartbeat. We have New York, Green Bay, and Balt coming up to get to the bye week which was certainly the critical 3 game stretch I had circled when the schedule came out. Having a healthy trinity of Schaub, AJ, and Arian for these games was a huge priority and the fact that we've barely needed to show any of our cards before these games leaves us with a full deck of plays designed for AJ against the top defenses to pull out the next few weeks. I do suspect at least one of those gets played this week in the Jets game where I suspect AJ gets his 10k coronation. AJ would be the first to tell you he cares more about team performance at this juncture than individual accolades, but I also suspect that when these games get closer we will revert to our usual AJ dependence.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
CAS22 wrote:
Grasspike wrote:

This is such a fantasy football driven "issue" vs. real football. Andre is #12 in the AFC in yards and #10 in TDs in the real world which isn't too shabby considering he finished 43rd in yards and only had 2 tds all season last year. If you could draw up the first 1/4th of the season and place us at 4-0 with a healthy AJ only needing to be targeted 6 times per game and catching 4 of them at 17 yards per reception, I'd take that in a heartbeat. We have New York, Green Bay, and Balt coming up to get to the bye week which was certainly the critical 3 game stretch I had circled when the schedule came out. Having a healthy trinity of Schaub, AJ, and Arian for these games was a huge priority and the fact that we've barely needed to show any of our cards before these games leaves us with a full deck of plays designed for AJ against the top defenses to pull out the next few weeks. I do suspect at least one of those gets played this week in the Jets game where I suspect AJ gets his 10k coronation. AJ would be the first to tell you he cares more about team performance at this juncture than individual accolades, but I also suspect that when these games get closer we will revert to our usual AJ dependence.

Exactly, if you watch the sidelines towards the end of these first 4 games, Kub and Dre are standing right next to each other and smirking it up, he's happy with winning. Look at the Lions, they target Calvin Johnson 12 times yesterday and get 5 catches for 54 yards, Id rather not throw our offense out of rhythm by dedicating 12 plays to 1 player.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
31 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: