Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reviewing our draft after 3 weeks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
You just contradicted yourself once again. Would take Brock off the roster? Sure, but guess what? He's our 5th CB so is he playing over our top 3? Nope! Tukuafu is our goaline FB and Spillman is our ST ace. Dixon is another solid ST player but it will be interesting to see what happens once Jacobs returns. End of the day, this team didn't have many needs so we had the luxury to draft for the future.

Wow! Omg! Again, didn't say they had to be effing starters! Just have some role on the team other than not being in uniform! And if a D-lineman's best position is being the "goal line FB", then he shouldn't be on the roster.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how does a CB taking Brock's spot have any role on the team?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Does Brock dress for games? YES
Does Brock actually get on the field? YES
Does Brock have a role on the team? YES
Did I spell it out enough for you???
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are mad our rookies are not getting any ST time? Gotcha!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Does Brock dress for games? YES
Does Brock actually get on the field? YES
Does Brock have a role on the team? YES
Did I spell it out enough for you???

See, I prefer our front office to take the best available talent, rather than just picking someone who has an outside chance of doing a minor contribution. We could have picked someone with a more immediate impact, but with a much lower ceiling. With James and Jenkins, we picked two guys who have a chance to be difference makers in this league. We didn't pick a couple of plugs.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
See, I prefer our front office to take the best available talent, rather than just picking someone who has an outside chance of doing a minor contribution. We could have picked someone with a more immediate impact, but with a much lower ceiling. With James and Jenkins, we picked two guys who have a chance to be difference makers in this league. We didn't pick a couple of plugs.

We should have drafted a Colin Jones type of player in the first two rounds so they could have a role in Special Teams Laughing .

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We should have drafted a Colin Jones type of player in the first two rounds so they could have a role in Special Teams Laughing .

Or at least have been a back-up that wasn't listed as "inactive." OMG!

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Do you watch the NFL? Do you see how often teams go to 5 WR sets now? And Spillman gets credit for being a ST ace but if I want someone that primarily plays ST to be replaced ST's don't matter? Again, I don't want to just ride on last years' coattails, I want impact players do we can blow every team out of the effing water! I don't want to draft for the future when we're so close RIGHT NOW! That's why there is a draft every year, for the future!
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Or at least have been a back-up that wasn't listed as "inactive." OMG!

Go [inappropriate/removed] yourself [inappropriate/removed]
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

Did we draft Colin Jones in the first two rounds? No. Stop being an [inappropriate/removed] clown and actually make a damn point. Waste of life mother [inappropriate/removed].
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
As much as I disliked the AJ pick, the LaMichael pick was worse. We had Frank, Kendall and Jacobs. Why use a second round pick on a RB that would be the 4th best on the team? A CB, OLB, or D-lineman would have been a much better pick. Yes we were good last year, but you can't waste high draft picks on players who won't contribute AT ALL!!! The good teams still have rookies play major roles in some facet of the game whether it be on special teams or at their specific position. Our draft this year was a waste.

It's a draft. Most of the time that means re-stocking the team at positions where you have or will have needs. Also most likely both Gore and Jacobs will be gone in a couple of years. Then of course there's the fact that James is in a completely different league in explosiveness than those guys.

We needed play makers; we went out and got two guys we thought would be that for us.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
Do you watch the NFL? Do you see how often teams go to 5 WR sets now? And Spillman gets credit for being a ST ace but if I want someone that primarily plays ST to be replaced ST's don't matter? Again, I don't want to just ride on last years' coattails, I want impact players do we can blow every team out of the effing water! I don't want to draft for the future when we're so close RIGHT NOW! That's why there is a draft every year, for the future!

You don't get it, there wasn't a lot of spots open on our team where someone would make an immediate impact. Also, teams go to five WR sets doesn't mean we needs 5 CBs. We were in our dime package against the Packers for much of the game with Cox not Brock in the game. So yeah........................

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
Did we draft Colin Jones in the first two rounds? No. Stop being an [inappropriate/removed] clown and actually make a damn point. Waste of life mother [inappropriate/removed].

Oh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Do you watch the NFL? Do you see how often teams go to 5 WR sets now? And Spillman gets credit for being a ST ace but if I want someone that primarily plays ST to be replaceed ST's don't matter? Again, I don't want to just ride on last years' coattails, I want impact players do we can blow every team out of the effing water! I don't want to draft for the future when we're so close RIGHT NOW! That's why there is a draft every year, for the future!

You still have said who in the world we should have drafted that would have made an immediate impact and helped us blow teams away right now. Just remember your original post suggested an olineman we should have drafted for depth, i.e., for the future and/or in case of injury.

In any case you're talking in circles here. We drafted two incredibly fast players with huge "big play" capability - exactly the kind of guys that can make a difference and your argument is that we should have taken a backup OT or OG instead. Can you not see how silly this argument is?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
timmay9699 wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Do you watch the NFL? Do you see how often teams go to 5 WR sets now? And Spillman gets credit for being a ST ace but if I want someone that primarily plays ST to be replaceed ST's don't matter? Again, I don't want to just ride on last years' coattails, I want impact players do we can blow every team out of the effing water! I don't want to draft for the future when we're so close RIGHT NOW! That's why there is a draft every year, for the future!

You still have said who in the world we should have drafted that would have made an immediate impact and helped us blow teams away right now. Just remember your original post suggested an olineman we should have drafted for depth, i.e., for the future and/or in case of injury.

In any case you're talking in circles here. We drafted two incredibly fast players with huge "big play" capability - exactly the kind of guys that can make a difference and your argument is that we should have taken a backup OT or OG instead. Can you not see how silly this argument is?

At no point did I say o-lineman. D-lineman yes. I wanted a CB like Josh Robinson in the 2nd round. Stephen Hill or Coby Fleener in the 1st. We have Hunter, who is just like James so he wasn't a need. Not to mention Gore is still a beast and then we have Jacobs and Dixon. Tell me how we needed a RB?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: