Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just thinking ahead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position do we draft with our 1st pick
LB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
CB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
WR
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
QB
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

BillSabre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the defense needs to play better but today shows why QB needed to be on the poll! Disappointed to say the least. Wonder if game would've ended like this if we didnt turn it over on the one?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Well the defense needs to play better but today shows why QB needed to be on the poll! Disappointed to say the least. Wonder if game would've ended like this if we didnt turn it over on the one?
Why Fitz did his job. If out defense could stop them. The ints would have been reduced.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Why Fitz did his job. If out defense could stop them. The ints would have been reduced.

Agreed to an extent, but Fitz did make plenty of poor throws that were not a result of forcing things at the end of the game..

Right now, there are a few players on my radar in the draft..

Hard to know how WR will shake out, but if either Robert Woods or Keenan Allen fall to us it is something we should consider (particularly Woods)..

At QB there are 7 names to watch in my opinion.. Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas, Geno Smith, Landry Jones, Aaron Murray.. Im not going to put in my opinions yet, there is still a ton to play out, but I say if there is one we love in the 1st, we do it.. If not, I think there is an opportunity for a QB in the 2nd round if we want to groom one..

As for the rest of the field, it is very difficult to judge at this point.. Players shoot up and down the boards.. and we do not know where we are picking.. I think the star pass rushers in Mingo, Jarvis Jones, and Montgomery will be off the board.. I love both Milliner and Amerson at corner, but I would be shocked if we go that route.. A couple great DTs in Star Lotuleli and Hankins out of OSU, but we dont need a nose either.. Teo out of Notre Dame seems to be a real option..

Something else to note.. The draft is very weak at OL.. Luckily our line looks to be improving..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

Well it's not like all the int's were after we were down a bunch. The under throw int early on was just like last year with the Giants(x2)........ The miss to Stevie. I said the defense needs to improve but let's not give Fitz a pass here.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not I fan of Matt Barkley so my list of potential first round QB talents goes based on preferance

Geno Smith
Tyler Wilson
Logan Thomas
Tyler Bray

OLB like previously posted is a disguised need as well and WR but I only see 1 potential OLB (Jarvis Jones) and 2 WRs (Woods and Justin Hunter) as potential 1st round talents.. Sean Porter I like in 2nd round.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
BillSabre wrote:

Well it's not like all the int's were after we were down a bunch. The under throw int early on was just like last year with the Giants(x2)........ The miss to Stevie. I said the defense needs to improve but let's not give Fitz a pass here.
The underthrown INT was bad. I will give you that. But that defense just gave up 52 points. Our defense made much more mistakes than Fitz. Out of his 4 INTs, only 1 was his fault. 1st one was tipped at LOS, 2nd was underthrown, 3rd Johnson got lazy and didnt go after the ball, 4th the reciever failed to break off his route.

Fitz made some great throws as well. Ball to Fred was perfect, both Chandler Tds were great throws, and the Brad Smith TD was great. The only bright side on defense was Byrd and Gilmore.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not hating on Fitz and he did make some good throws down field but he also made some bad, inaccurate throws down field.. He is way too inconsistent with longer throws and he can't consistently stretch the field.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just be clear here. Although I obviously want the Bills to do well , I'm going to take the shades off. Fitz isn't the answer, end of story. He's a stopgap right now but he most certainly isn't a franchise quarterback. We need to roll the dice like so many other teams have over the past few drafts. It seems to me that we may have already passed up on some quality guys.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Let me just be clear here. Although I obviously want the Bills to do well , I'm going to take the shades off. Fitz isn't the answer, end of story. He's a stopgap right now but he most certainly isn't a franchise quarterback. We need to roll the dice like so many other teams have over the past few drafts. It seems to me that we may have already passed up on some quality guys.

Id have to agree with this. I have been inlove with Fitz since Edwards was our starting QB. But he is way too inconsistent to be a starting QB in the league and though I love the gunslinger mentality, there is a time where enough is enough. 10 out of the 32 teams are starting a rookie QB or 2nd year QB, the Bills need to bring in their "own guy" that fits exactly what Chan wants to run. Fitzpatrick will never get us to 10-6 or to the playoffs and I do not want to continue in this purgatory football life wasting away the prime years of our guys (Stevie, Spiller, Nelson, entire O-ine) hoping Fitz finally gets it.

This is technically Fitz 3rd year starting in Chan's system, yes there are other factors in play with that, but we today still have the same questions about him as we did 3 years ago. Fitz is too inconsistent to be a franchise QB.
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw me off the wagon for Fitz I have seen enough from the two losses two convince me. Logan Thomas is my pick as well. Pretty sure Bradham wins the job in a few weeks and might shine. Cornerback if they move Williams to SS. He might make a fine corner yet though we shall see. Wr. might be open for discussion but not sure it will happen. FA will tell the tale most likely.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking ahead..

HC:

Franchise QB:
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else find it funny we are tied for the lead in the division and our fan base is wanting to rebuild. Some bills fans are acting like the season is over.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Anyone else find it funny we are tied for the lead in the division and our fan base is wanting to rebuild. Some bills fans are acting like the season is over.

Well in that case we're also tied for 3rd, out of 4, and only 1 game above last.

I'm not saying it's "rebuilding" time just yet (as I said, I'd be ok continuing to build our D with Te'o), but a new QB would be a huge help. It's been a need for a while now, and our FO refuses to address it. And I've wanted a new HC since the day Chan was hired, so that wouldn't be rebuilding to me, but rather upgrading.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

Talking about the draft does not mean we are throwing in the towel..

I do not think Fitz is a franchise QB.. This has potential to be a QB-deep draft.. It is an opportune year to snag a QB..

If we end up top 10 pick, you look and see if you have a franchise guy who can step up in 2013.. If we do not see that guy, maybe we have a guy at the top of the 2nd we like as a backup learning behind Fitz..

If we do not end up with a terrible pick, you evaluate and see if you want to take a guy in the 1st and groom him behind Fitz..

Still rooting for this year, but even if we WIN THE SUPERBOWL (<1% likelihood) I still consider a QB in the top 2 rounds to groom Packers/Rodgers style..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we would be rebuilding by canning Gailey. Like BigBillsFan13 said it would possibly be upgrading the HC position by doing so, maybe not with Chudzinski (he is just a personal favourite) but with someone. I was luke warm when we brought in Gailey in 2010, he grew on me with what our offense accomplished but now its clear to me we will never be better then an 8-8 or 9-7 team with Gailey. Especially if we keep Fitzpatrick past this year as our starter.

Gailey is 12-24 as the HC of Buffalo and 2-10 against our division, and Fitzpatrick is 15-23 by my count. the main problem is Fitz has felt no heat, the staff has continually put their faith in Fitzpatrick whether he deserves it or not. After a loss instead of Gailey calling out Fitz or putting pressure on him, Gailey and the players just apologize and vow to get better. It reminds me a lot of a - jauron press conference, its like the team doesn't expect to win and is just going through the motions of a season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: