Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 Lions GDT Vikings (2-1) @ Lions (1-2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Minnesota Vikings
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Detroit Lions
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
^^^

LOL at Matt Stafford's stats. He has more interceptions than touch downs and averaged like 6.2 yards an attempt today. He's a crappy Brett Favre at best even with Calvin Johnson.

You're right now go away

I thought the GB fanbase had a ton of bandwagon and annoying fans but there is solid competition now.

Anyways he compared Stafford to one of greatest QBs of all time in Favre.

Ponder gets compared to Dilfer and Stafford to Favre. ENough said

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
ManeLine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
^^^

LOL at Matt Stafford's stats. He has more interceptions than touch downs and averaged like 6.2 yards an attempt today. He's a crappy Brett Favre at best even with Calvin Johnson. I'm surprised he was able to complete 58 percent of his passes.

This is because he actually throws the ball down the field. They are not afraid to let their QB be more then a manager.

They are also comfortable with him being a turn over machine.

And you're happy with a game manager.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
joru1000 wrote:
^^^

LOL at Matt Stafford's stats. He has more interceptions than touch downs and averaged like 6.2 yards an attempt today. He's a crappy Brett Favre at best even with Calvin Johnson.

You're right now go away

I thought the GB fanbase had a ton of bandwagon and annoying fans but there is solid competition now.

Anyways he compared Stafford to one of greatest QBs of all time in Favre.

Ponder gets compared to Dilfer and Stafford to Favre. ENough said

Don't be letting one or two guys taint the whole fanbase... Just remember that VD is a Vikings fan as well. This guy obviously doesn't belong on this site, but that'll get taken care of in time... They have plenty of fantastic fans as well.
carlande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Outside of this game, the Vikings offense hasnt been pathetic. Give me a break. They have been solid, to efficient.

Sorry but 5.3 Yards per play is good for 12th worst.

TOP 12th worst

They have a very underrated defense and a dumbed down offense for Ponder.

He is this years version of Alex Smith from last year. Simplify the offense and live off a good defense.

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

Did you not see the Vikings/49ers last week?

Ponder was the only reason we won. He played out of his mind.

This week, we just simply needed him to protect the lead. He did his job, plus threw a great pass at the end of the game.

Next week I'd expect a more open pass game.

Yea I saw it. I saw all of them. 3 out of 4 games he was blah. Sorry I lean with the 75% over the 25% as indicator.

The only bad game he had this year was week 2.

Week 1 he helped us comeback against Jacksonville in the last seconds of the game. game tieing FG.

Week 2 our offense was lost

Week 3 Ponder played amazing

Week 4 Ponder game managed.

No, he doesn't suck, or need a dumb downed offense. He's just fine

Sorry, I agree with detfan. He sucks. Game management doesn't enter it until the game is put away and he didn't generate any meaningful offence today.

Well I disagree with both you and detfan. The worst thing you can do as an offense with Adrian Peterson and a lead is start throwing the football. Ponder was on the run on most, if not all those 2nd half 3rd down pass attempts. If I'm the coach, and my team is up by 2 scores, AND I have AP I'm running the football. Ponder did nothing special, but he didn't need to. The Vikings executed their gameplan. If they would have lost then I might have conceded that they were too conservative, but they didn't.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Outside of this game, the Vikings offense hasnt been pathetic. Give me a break. They have been solid, to efficient.

TOP 12th worst

He is this years version of Alex Smith from last year. Simplify the offense and live off a good defense.

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

This week, we just simply needed him to protect the lead. He did his job, plus threw a great pass at the end of the game.

Yea I saw it. I saw all of them. 3 out of 4 games he was blah. Sorry I lean with the 75% over the 25% as indicator.

Week 1 he helped us comeback against Jacksonville in the last seconds of the game. game tieing FG.

Sorry, I agree with detfan. He sucks. Game management doesn't enter it until the game is put away and he didn't generate any meaningful offence today.

Well I disagree with both you and detfan. The worst thing you can do as an offense with Adrian Peterson and a lead is start throwing the football. Ponder was on the run on most, if not all those 2nd half 3rd down pass attempts. If I'm the coach, and my team is up by 2 scores, AND I have AP I'm running the football. Ponder did nothing special, but he didn't need to. The Vikings executed their gameplan. If they would have lost then I might have conceded that they were too conservative, but they didn't.

It goes beyond this game. This was his worst game. Week 3 was his second worst. His best game was Jags and Indy was second best.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Nzd07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

TOP 12th worst

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

It goes beyond this game. This was his worst game. Week 3 was his second worst. His best game was Jags and Indy was second best.

Actually the 49ers game was his best considering the defense he played.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

TOP 12th worst

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

Actually the 49ers game was his best considering the defense he played.

If you say so. However 5.5 yards per attempt is weak regardless of who you play. SF has allowed better by many!

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

TOP 12th worst

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

I'm not talking about the second half.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
carlande

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

TOP 12th worst

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

However, they were up all game. They took stabs at 3 longballs and 2 were interference calls. They had no reason to press as they had a lead and a strong run game.

If you want a stonger sample size than this regarding Ponder I'm not an expert like detfan.

I only know what I saw today. I saw him being chased around alot. Aside from one near INT, he did nothing detrimental to the lead they had.

They won. If this is his worst game this year as detfan seems to think then whatever. However to say the guy sucks is heavy handed.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
carlande wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

TOP 12th worst

It works no doubt

ughhhhhhhh

However, they were up all game. They took stabs at 3 longballs and 2 were interference calls. They had no reason to press as they had a lead and a strong run game.

If you want a stonger sample size than this regarding Ponder I'm not an expert like detfan.

I only know what I saw today. I saw him being chased around alot. Aside from one near INT, he did nothing detrimental to the lead they had.

They won. If this is his worst game this year as detfan seems to think then whatever. However to say the guy sucks is heavy handed.

I am not an expert but I know what I have saw in all 4 games. Against the Jags they took some shots and his avg was around 10. Against Indy same deal but around 7 per play. Last week was around 5.5. Today was less than 5.

His long on year is 29. That is pathetic.

He is nothing more then a manager which works for their team.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game today.

I have nothing positive to say.

....Except Jason Hanson is now ranked 3rd on the all time scoring list.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joru1000 wrote:
^^^

LOL at Matt Stafford's stats. He has more interceptions than touch downs and averaged like 6.2 yards an attempt today. He's a crappy Brett Favre at best even with Calvin Johnson. I'm surprised he was able to complete 58 percent of his passes.

Trolling is against the rules. Don't do it, or find somewhere else to talk sports.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team just doesn't look good...same mistakes week to week. Ultimately maybe it's a coaching issue, maybe a talent issue, or maybe despite some "lucky breaks" last year this team just isn't what we thought it was.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really related to today's game, but what's up with Reilly Reiff? Is he a starter? How has he looked?
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
Not really related to today's game, but what's up with Reilly Reiff? Is he a starter? How has he looked?

We are developing him to be our starter at LT after Backus leaves. They plug him in sometimes but some of us want him to start.

Our offensive line has been together for a little bit but that doesn't mean they are good. I would expect to see more of Reiff throughout the season. He has shown flashes of why we have drafted him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

Jump to: