Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trade possiblities?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tytalton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: trade possiblities? Reply with quote

OK - we are 1-3 through the easy part of our schedule...kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Any chance we can move a couple of guys and make some things happen in the trade market to position ourselves for a better offseason or to finish up the year stronger? I could let go of Pettigrew for a half deflated football at this point but seriously - do any of our guys have some trade value right now?

Avril? Fairley? Levy or Durant? Shaun Hill? I'm not naming guys that necessarily suck just guys that might have trade value to someone....
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More importantly we need to sign guys to extensions now for cheaper. Guys like Hill and Houston.
WillParks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Houston definitely needs to be locked up. He had a very good game today. Brandon Pettigrew is a solid player but isn't producing like a first rounder. The TD drop he had today was brutal. His blocking is average.

I think one guy who has trade value to a contender is Corey Williams. He as an above average 4-3 DT and is free agent after this year. We might also consider trading Gosder Cherilous. He is a good pass-blocker but just so-so as a run-blocker. It would give Riley Reiff more playing time. Other than draft picks I would try to get a center who could be a potential replacement for Raiola next year or a younger guard that could replace Peterman.

I think surprise candidate for a trade would be Nick Fairley. He isn't exactly lighting it up and I would rather give someone like Sammie Hill the reps because he is more consistent albeit less flashy.
tytalton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey is hurt so I think that kind of limits his value but really he is probably our best trade chip.

Houston is good and I'd like to lock him up but he probably won't come cheap either so I could see him as having some value if he went to a contender who is missing a starting corner. He might be worth something as well even though I'd hate to see him go - but valued against a good pick and the fact that he is injured alot might be worth it?

Right now we are looking at a good draft pick and we might be able to land a corner somewhat high in the draft....I'm just hoping against all hope we don't grab another wide receiver in the draft!!

On that note - does Titus Young has any value in trade?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: