Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 4: San Diego @ Kansas City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to RAC right now. He makes me sick. He's actually using keeping Charles in as defense for keeping Cassel in. Saying that Cassel provided a "spark" in the 2nd half (even though his bad throws killed drives)

It's obscene that we are not even going to consider benching Cassel right now. Vick is on the fence of being benched because of all his turnovers. Cassel has more TO's than Vick this year, and they have a ROOKIE behind him.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axel39leavell wrote:
Did anyone happen to see the post game show? Twitter is going nuts because I guess Shannon Sharpe went in hard on Matt Cassel!!!!
Bahaha it's about time!

Laughing Laughing
TD: 0
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I believe it was Matt Blundin in 1994

I just looked it up. You're right on who it was (Matt Blundin), but it was 1992. It's been twenty freakin' years since we drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB. To me, that just sounds like a franchise who is afraid to make a commitment to winning for whatever reason.

Again, utterly pathetic. I'm beginning to wonder what it's like to root for a team that cares about winning.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the fact as Ryk pointed out that teams that are good consistently prepare themselves for the future and the present, you know what I love about watching the Green Bay Packers?

Not only did they take a shot on drafting Rodgers even though they had Brett.

When Rodgers throws the ball you can hear it hit his receivers. A QB with legitimate arm strength imagine what that would be like for us.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what teams are our major competition that are also looking to get a QB in next years draft?

Tried to get this discussion going last week. Can't remember who exactly I had listed or in what order but I'll give it a go at remembering. Besides our own GM, I think our biggest competition to get a QB is like this...though I'm sure I'm forgetting one. The wildcard in all this, is Joe Flacco, Baltimore just needs to hurry up and pay him before things get messy.

1. Oakland
2. AZ (They seem to be 3-0 right now in spite of their QB issues)
3. Jax -Gabbert hasn't developed, new owner could want new QB

The Surprise Group - I think this is a year we could see teams with QBs taking their QBOTF...less dynamite guys, more quality depth. Guys like Landry Jones in the second or late first could be too much for some teams to pass up.

Dallas - Romo is no spring Chicken could be too good to pass up if someone is there

Chicago - Cry baby Jay could be out if they don't go to the playoffs

Seattle (yeah I said it, if they finish poorly Barkley might be too much for Pete to resist though I think it'd be moronic.

Pitt - They need someone behind Big Ben that doesn't need a walker.

Green Bay - for the reasons Ryk said. It's what good teams do.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we finish with a worse record then Oakland then it's almost a lock that we'll get either Barkley or Smith?
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anything is a lock. And keep in mind other teams could field the trade up if we manage to be around pick 10. Teams with an aging QB may also just take a QB rather than trade.

The way our team is playing right now, we're racing other teams for the worst record. The interesting thing for me is, Cleveland may end up with the worst record in football. With new ownership and what could be a new GM/team president. Could they really spend another high round pick on a QB? I think they'd be dying to trade down, because they have a lot of holes.

I could see this draft being much like this season has been so far. Crazy and unpredictable. The second you think you know what is happening you could be in for a surprise.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot the Buccaneers there. Jets probably gonna need a new one too at this point.

I'd almost say the Browns but they're probably gonna keep Weeden for another year.

Had another team I was thinking of but can't remember.
TD: 0
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Forgot the Buccaneers there. Jets probably gonna need a new one too at this point.

I'd almost say the Browns but they're probably gonna keep Weeden for another year.

Had another team I was thinking of but can't remember.

Weeden is already better than Cassel obviously that has nothing to do with them picking another QB, but I just thought it should be said.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is few people that you'll find that dislike pubic hair head Josh Freeman less than me. But I don't think Tampa will give up on him yet.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
So what teams are our major competition that are also looking to get a QB in next years draft?

Tried to get this discussion going last week. Can't remember who exactly I had listed or in what order but I'll give it a go at remembering. Besides our own GM, I think our biggest competition to get a QB is like this...though I'm sure I'm forgetting one. The wildcard in all this, is Joe Flacco, Baltimore just needs to hurry up and pay him before things get messy.

1. Oakland
2. AZ (They seem to be 3-0 right now in spite of their QB issues)
3. Jax -Gabbert hasn't developed, new owner could want new QB

The Surprise Group - I think this is a year we could see teams with QBs taking their QBOTF...less dynamite guys, more quality depth. Guys like Landry Jones in the second or late first could be too much for some teams to pass up.

Dallas - Romo is no spring Chicken could be too good to pass up if someone is there

Chicago - Cry baby Jay could be out if they don't go to the playoffs

Seattle (yeah I said it, if they finish poorly Barkley might be too much for Pete to resist though I think it'd be moronic.

Pitt - They need someone behind Big Ben that doesn't need a walker.

Green Bay - for the reasons Ryk said. It's what good teams do.

Buffalo, Seattle (yep), and 49ers could look for 1st rounders, and New Orleans, San Diego, Giants, and the Bears could all look for bette depth/future in the second.

Basically about 60% or more of this league could be looking QB in the first two rounds, and thats why I didn't really answer the question last week. It's just too unpredictable at this point.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to admit when you're wrong, but i'm going to man up: I've been generous in my prediction for Matt Cassel this year and I apparently overrated him.

In other news, I want to commend Scott Pioli: I think he's built a roster consisting of 50 of the right 53. He just needs a starting QB, a CB to replace Reeves, and a ILB to backup DJ. We had the money to upgrade all three, it's just unfortunate nobody better was available or wanted to play here. Rolling Eyes

When Cassel's career is over, I hope he stays in the KC area and becomes a volunteer fire fighter and mall Santa during Christmas time...he's gonna have like 63 million reasons to give back to this community. Scott Pioli should be forced to hire 63 random fans at a salary of a million dollars each to work at Arrowhead for a year...no qualifications, skills, or experience required.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs...Buffalo was who I was forgetting. It'll be interesting to see what the Niners do. They have Optimus Prime, who has just never been able to take the ball from Smith.

I agree about the unpredictable thing, heck even look at the PFF mock draft, says we need a QB, but there isn't a clear person to take.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The really scary part of all this is, even the teams that I'd put ahead of us in the need a QB race...have better QBs than us. With the exception of maybe Gabbert, and heck at least the Jags took a chance.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on the game are as follows:

1- Matt Cassel is the epitome of crap

2- Matt Cassel is the epitome of crap

3- Matt Cassel is the epitome of crap

4- Jamaal Charles is the 2nd best RB in the game. Only AP is better at this point.

5- Eric Berry hasn't fully recovered from his acl injury yet. He struggled all game yet again, and made no impact whatsoever on defense. Mike Mayock was right that Earl Thomas would be the better safety.

6- Matt Cassel is the epitome of crap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: