Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Mess Under Center
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: The Mess Under Center Reply with quote

Ever since the moment we traded up to draft Mark Sanchez in 2009, I have been one of his biggest supporters. I stuck up for him throughout this offseason, saying he was going to progress a lot this season. I no longer have that confidence. Sanchez looks like absolute trash. The only good thing you can say about is that he's better than Tebow. He is not our franchise QB.

We could go for a QB in the first round next year (please not Barkley, he's worse than Sanchez) or try to trade for someone (Matt Flynn, Colin Kaepernick). It has become painfully clear than Sanchez is not a good QB in this league.

Does anyone disagree with this notion or have any thoughts on this pressing issue?

#TeamManfred
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mess Under Center Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Ever since the moment we traded up to draft Mark Sanchez in 2009, I have been one of his biggest supporters. I stuck up for him throughout this offseason, saying he was going to progress a lot this season. I no longer have that confidence. Sanchez looks like absolute trash. The only good thing you can say about is that he's better than Tebow. He is not our franchise QB.

We could go for a QB in the first round next year (please not Barkley, he's worse than Sanchez) or try to trade for someone (Matt Flynn, Colin Kaepernick). It has become painfully clear than Sanchez is not a good QB in this league.

Does anyone disagree with this notion or have any thoughts on this pressing issue?

I never liked him and still dont. Hate all our qbs. When we got Stanton i figured he would be starting by mid season but oh well.

As far as the question at hand i like Geno or either qb for trade u mentioned
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what you said. But trading for an unproven QB is simply not the answer
any Jets fan should ever want to see management make. The answer is either
drafting Tyler Bray, or Geno Smith. Both QBs I believe will have success in the NFL
as a Top 12-Top 5 starting QB. I don't see Rodgers, Brady, or Bress type of elite
in any of them. But I see very good qualities in both of them. The question on
Bray is that he needs another year. I know a lot of people say Bray has a bad
attitude, but they don't know anything. He reminds me of Rivers/Cutler. He is one
of the most competitive people you'll ever meet and he has a fiery attitude.
Bray would be my first choice.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this season is over. Revis is gone, Holmes is probably gone, Sanchez has shown no improvement besides that fluke game, we can't run, can't defend the run, our receivers drop the ball even when they have it and it's a good throw.

The defense needs a completely overhaul except for our CBs, DEs, NT, and one ILB.

The offense needs a new QB, new RG, possibly a new RT, a RB, and a WR or two.

It's gonna be a long couple of years.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
I agree with what you said. But trading for an unproven QB is simply not the answer any Jets fan should ever want to see management make. The answer is either drafting Tyler Bray, or Geno Smith. Both QBs I believe will have success in the NFL as a Top 12-Top 5 starting QB. I don't see Rodgers, Brady, or Bress type of elite in any of them. But I see very good qualities in both of them. The question on Bray is that he needs another year. I know a lot of people say Bray has a bad attitude, but they don't know anything. He reminds me of Rivers/Cutler. He is one of the most competitive people you'll ever meet and he has a fiery attitude. Bray would be my first choice.

I think Bray is a good player, but his character issues could be Leaf-esque.

#TeamManfred
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the issue is that our drafting and our personel moves have been bad since the Rex/Tanny era started.

We went away from Parcells/Mangini philosophy of smart-team players and went to hot-heads and all or nothing. With our without Revis this defense got slow and cant tackle. It was exposed week 2 and our run defense (which has nothing to do with Revis) is aweful.

Believe it or not, our OL has not been our downfall like we all thought. As Goose said, our OL gave Sanchez a good amount of time- now is it our WR (maybe) but Sanchez is still very in-accurate.

Top needs:

1. QB
2. RB
3. OL depth
4. Pass rusher (we always say we have them- but we dont)
5. Speed safety
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
I agree with what you said. But trading for an unproven QB is simply not the answer
any Jets fan should ever want to see management make. The answer is either
drafting Tyler Bray, or Geno Smith. Both QBs I believe will have success in the NFL
as a Top 12-Top 5 starting QB. I don't see Rodgers, Brady, or Bress type of elite
in any of them. But I see very good qualities in both of them. The question on
Bray is that he needs another year. I know a lot of people say Bray has a bad
attitude, but they don't know anything. He reminds me of Rivers/Cutler. He is one
of the most competitive people you'll ever meet and he has a fiery attitude.
Bray would be my first choice.

Yeah I agree, but I also like Tyler Wilson, just wish he was taller.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also a Sanchez supporter, but I don't think he's our guy. He looked really rattled out there today.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really so sad, this is third time I said this. The 49ers showed us what we were supposed to be.

QB who can manage the clock and get completions, incredible running game, and incredible defense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
It's really so sad, this is third time I said this. The 49ers showed us what we were supposed to be.

QB who can manage the clock and get completions, incredible running game, and incredible defense.

We are 0 for 3 on that list.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:

We are 0 for 3 on that list.
We were two thirds of the way there in 2010. Then [inappropriate/removed] hit the fan.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its simple. 49ers have a MUCH better HC and draft MUCH better.

neauone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: I don't agree Reply with quote

While I feel your pain, I respectfully disagree. Let me give the reasons why, sacked 5 times, no running game, absolutely none, not one reliable WR other than Holmes. Kearley is OK but no game changer, the T.E. position other than Keller is weak bordering terrible, the OL is still plagued with issues with one OL in his mid thirties, a second rounder who will probably be cut next year and no viable backups. The Jets have to do some major retooling this year on offense. The defense doesn't seem to have an answer for the running game and continues to be exposed the past 4 games. The LB's are old and slow, so to single out one guy for the failures of an entire team is a bit unfair. However we are only 2-2, the future doesn't look good, but it will be at least 3 more games before we have a true feel for where the season will lead. If Sanchez folds and regresses than a change has to be made, but for who and when?
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst QB in the league in completion
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:

The worst QB in the league in completion

Only got worse today hes under 50 now. He needs to call David Carr and ask him who to be the number 2 somewhere else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: