Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Comparison
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickZambo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Just looked at Bleacher Report giving Weeden the lowest grade of all the rookie QB's a D. I'm not shocked since they seem to always put more weight on that first opinion but frankly after watching all but Luck play I think Weeden has been better than all but Luck and Griffin (and Griffin was awful in that last game). I think Weeden has been getting lambasted merely because of his age and not his play. Folks just want to justify them saying he was a reach.

People are reading stat lines most likely.

Stat lines rarely paint an accurate picture.

Stats show Weeden is on pace to throw for 4000 yards.

Sure is.

He'll only have to throw the ball 40 times per game to do so.

If we keep playing from behind and have no running game that might happen.

I was being moderately facetious b/c at this pace, he will not only throw for 4000 yards, but lead the league in pass attempts and INTs...

Honestly, it is all about W's but I hope that he has a decent statistical season earning the right for another year. I would hate for the coaching staff/front office to turnover AND see them bring in a 'their QB'. Weeden has flashes now, wait until he has been in the league for a year or two. Shoot, Ponder and Gabbert have improved and they looks atrocious last season.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:
Just looked at Bleacher Report giving Weeden the lowest grade of all the rookie QB's a D. I'm not shocked since they seem to always put more weight on that first opinion but frankly after watching all but Luck play I think Weeden has been better than all but Luck and Griffin (and Griffin was awful in that last game). I think Weeden has been getting lambasted merely because of his age and not his play. Folks just want to justify them saying he was a reach.

People are reading stat lines most likely.

Stat lines rarely paint an accurate picture.

Stats show Weeden is on pace to throw for 4000 yards.

Sure is.

He'll only have to throw the ball 40 times per game to do so.

If we keep playing from behind and have no running game that might happen.

I was being moderately facetious b/c at this pace, he will not only throw for 4000 yards, but lead the league in pass attempts and INTs...

Honestly, it is all about W's but I hope that he has a decent statistical season earning the right for another year. I would hate for the coaching staff/front office to turnover AND see them bring in a 'their QB'. Weeden has flashes now, wait until he has been in the league for a year or two. Shoot, Ponder and Gabbert have improved and they looks atrocious last season.

Absolutely.

IMO, neither Gabbert or Ponder have the natural throwing ability of Weeden either.

He may be old, he may throw some picks now and then, but that SOB can chuck it.

He also hasn't made a lot of the same mistakes twice.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His successful throws have a near baseball trajectory... the zip on the ball is great.

However throws he needs to put touch on (back shoulder, dropping a ball into the hands over top a safety, even a short dump pass) he seems to suck at... and that worries me.

Weedon will get better game by game...

but I wouldnt compare him Manning. I dont think his potential even close to Manning. Not even in the same sentence... However, if he can play Flacco-like I would be thrilled.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
His successful throws have a near baseball trajectory... the zip on the ball is great.

However throws he needs to put touch on (back shoulder, dropping a ball into the hands over top a safety, even a short dump pass) he seems to suck at... and that worries me.

but I wouldnt compare him Manning. I dont think his potential even close to Manning. Not even in the same sentence... However, if he can play Flacco-like I would be thrilled.

It helps to read the first sentence of a thread...

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

thanks bud, never thought of that. Rolling Eyes
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

why? they are both big, tall, strong and immobile?

additionally, Peyton Manning doesn't throw the prettiest ball in the world (a lot of his balls flutter. dont believe me? go rewatch the tape).

You don't know how smart Brandon Weeden is. Nor do I. What sets Peyton apart from others is his brain. Is it likely that he becomes as good as Peyton? No. Is it possible? Yes.

He wont ever accumulate the bulk stats though, I'll give you that.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:

What sets Peyton apart from others is his brain.

agree completely

Is it likely that he becomes as good as Peyton? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Yeah, I have to give you that... we did see a grocer store shelf stocker become a soon-to-be HOF QB...

JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

And some of you still don't see where the DA comparisons stem from.....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been impressed by Weeden the past few weeks. After a horrible first start, he's played well and improved in many facets of the game.

Many non-Browns fans still act like he's been terrible for the entire season. That's probably because they're looking at his stat line and see that his QB rating is still pretty bad. If it weren't for that horrible first game, his stats for the season would look much better. Also, many thought he'd be a bust so they're hesitant to give him any credit and admit that they might have been wrong about him.

Weeden was a good prospect. If he were a few years younger, he might have been a top ten pick and I imagine he definitely would have been taken before Ryan Tannehill. His age is a concern, but it's blown out of proportion by some. It's quite feasable that he could play until he's in his late 30s. Many quarterbacks do and Weeden hasn't been taking a beating since he was 18-20 like most quarterbacks have. If he can play for 7-10 years at a high level for most of those years, then he's well worth the 22nd overall pick.

Smack on the sig.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Apparently you didn't because you said "I wouldn't compare him to Manning." Obviously... First sentence of the thread said I wouldn't either.

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Apparently you didn't because you said "I wouldn't compare him to Manning." Obviously... First sentence of the thread said I wouldn't either.

Apparently, you failed reading comprehension as a student.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

And some of you still don't see where the DA comparisons stem from.....

Just because both are gun-slingers with strong arms and their jersey number is #3 doesn't mean they're very similar. DA's biggest weaknesses was his inaccuracy and his decision making. Weeden is much more accurate and seems to be a better decision maker.

Smack on the sig.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Apparently, you failed reading comprehension as a student.

Ohhh? How so?

And his name is Weeden, he's our starting qb.

Get it right.

candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my stat nerds

http://t.co/RIuiZSoX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: