Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
It won't happen, but would anyone here be disappointed if Dallas went OL in first 3 rds of '13 draft? A center and two RTs?

I would be strongly disappointed if we went OL in the first 3 rounds, I could honestly see us draft a OG/C in either of the 1st (3) rounds. I could also see us going after a RT in free agency, or to ride the Free train. I could see us going after S in the 1st round, C/OG in the 2nd round, and DL in the 3rd round.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I know that I am supposed to update this on Wednesday, but I won't be able to because of a holiday. I will be at prayer services all day, so I will try to get two up later this week instead of just one on wednesday

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Report Order

1. Anthony Spencer
2. Nate Livings
3. Sean Lee
4. Jason Witten
5. DeMarcus Ware
6. Tony Romo
7. Kenyon Coleman
8. Mackenzy Bernadeau
9. Jason Hatcher
10. Ryan Cook
11. Doug Free
12. Tyron Smith
13. Jay Ratliff
14. Dez Bryant
15. Gerald Sensabaugh
16. Miles Austin
17. Barry Church
18. DeMarco Murray
19. Brandon Carr
20. Bruce carter
21. Morris Claiborne
22. Lawrence Vickers
23. Josh Brent
24. Felix Jones
25. Mana Silva
27. Kevin Olgletree
28. Sean Lissemore
29. Jeremy Parnell
30. Mike Jenkins
31. Phil Costa
32. Marcus Spears
33. David Arkin
34. Tyrone Crawford
35. Derrick Dockery
36. Victor Butler
37. John Phillips
38. Dan Connor
39. Dwayne Harris
40. Orlando Scandrick
41. Cole Beasley
42. Danny McCray
43. Andre Holmes
44. Alex Albright
45. Kyle Orton
46. Kyle Wilber
47. Phillip Tanner
48. Matt Johnson
49. Kevin Kowalski
50. LeQuan Lewis

Last edited by JWingate on Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend moving Smith and Free down so as to have a greater sample of games to be able to evaluate and judge.

I would move Coleman and Hatcher higher. Along with Romo.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I'd recommend moving Smith and Free down so as to have a greater sample of games to be able to evaluate and judge.

I would move Coleman and Hatcher higher. Along with Romo.

I was actually in the process of doing that. Good suggestion though Florida.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey FM....

While I am not advocating this at all...can you scout Jackson Jeffcoat?

In Redball I Trust!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Hey FM....

While I am not advocating this at all...can you scout Jackson Jeffcoat?

Yeah, but it won't be until later I think. Going to try my best to stick to upper classmen so I don't waste my time with guys who don't even declare

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Jesse Williams
Position: Nose Tackle/Five Technique
College: Alabama
Class: Senior
Height: 6'4
Weight: 320

Position Skills

Read/React: Average

Considering Williams has only been playing organized football since he was 14, he is pretty advanced in this skill. He is very instinctive, and is rarely fooled on misdirections and play actions. That said, he still has a ways to go when reading an offense.

Initial Quickness: Average/Above Average

Against the run, Williams is quick to get off the line and establish good position. When against the pass, Williams is half a tick slower off the line. Only average in terms of getting his hands up into the opposing offensive lineman.

Strength: Above Average

In terms of pure strength, Williams is in the upper echelon, after reportedly bench pressing 600 pounds. However, he is a bit top heavy, and his lower body strength is not as impressive. Average as an anchor.

Use of Hands: Below Average/Average

Williams is constantly moving his hands around, but they are not violent like one would expect them to be. While he will learn how to use his hands with more experience, there is no reason that he shouldn't be violent with how big and strong he is. Still learning proper hand positioning. Hands are always in the passing lanes.

Block Shedding: Average/Above Average

Despite not using his hands well, Williams is actually a pretty savvy block shedder. Because of his upper body strength, he is able to get off of blocks. Already learning how to use momentum to his advantage, and he will give up leverage to get off of blocks.

Strength vs. Run: Average

As I mentioned earlier, Williams is a very strong man. However, as an anchor against the run, he leaves a lot to be desired. He can get it done initially, but can get thrown back off the line because he lets his pad level rise.

Pursuit/Range: Great

Williams moves very well considering his size. I noticed that on multiple occasions, he would get it on tackles 10 yards downfield. Has a good motor and plays until the whistle.

Tackling: Above Average

Can really lay the wood if he gets himself lined up. Strong enough to bring down a ball carrier with one arm if he really needs to. Generally wraps up, and doesn't miss too many tackles.

Closing Burst: Average

The only reason he doesn't get a below average grade is because he works so hard. Physically, he doesn't have that second gear that he turns to when chasing down a ball carrier. But he plays hard, so he still makes plays.

Power Rush: Average

Flashes a pretty decent bull rush, but doesn't do it consistently. Doesn't have the burst through the line that you want to see out of a finisher. Pad level is often too high to get good leverage against opposing linemen, but he is just so strong that it evens out.

Speed Rush: Poor/Below Average

Williams lacks a speed rush, plain and simple. Doesn't have the athleticism, nor the moves to successfully blow by interior linemen.

Toughness: Great

Always plays to the whistle. Plays his tail off on every play, and has a good motor. Flashes a mean streak from time to time. Scary looking man, and could intimidate.

Errors: Average

Williams likes to try to jump the snap, so he is prone to offsides penalties. Other than that, he is pretty sound. Holds his gaps and doesn't commit too many penalties other than offsides.

Overview

Strength:

Without a doubt, Williams' greatest asset is his toughness and motor. His other bright spot is that he has loads of potential. He is still relatively new to the game, and seems willing to learn. If he could develop a couple of pass rushing moves, and learns to keep his pad level low, he could turn into a great 0-technique.

Weakness:

Williams leaves a lot to be desired in terms of a speed rush. That kind of goes hand in hand with his lack of hand usage (I said hand a lot there). I need to see Williams develop some simple swim/rip moves over the course of his senior year before I personally want to give him a look.

Overall:

Williams seems like he could be a fit for the Cowboys. He is not your standard two-gap plugger. Rather, he is more in the Sean Lissemore mold in that he can play 5-tech, 0-tech, and even a little 3-tech if need be. He is a hard worker that is dedicated to his craft, and we know that Garrett respects that. The potential is there, he just needs to unlock it.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why LR90 is our hero...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=498268

First two picks:
Barrett Jones OG/C, Alabama
&
Tony Jefferson S, Oklahoma

that would be an amazing draft for us.

In Redball I Trust!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be doing an update after this weekend's games and add a third round

^^^mack
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Lee, Sean
Position: Inside Linebacker
College: Penn State
Height: 62
Weight: 245 lbs

Scouting Ratings

- Rare Qualities (few reach this aspect outside of size) (9)
- Great (few reach outside of size) (8.5)
- Exceptional (8]
- Excellent (7.5)
- Outstanding (7)
- Very Good (6.5)
- Good/Solid (6)
- Very Inconsistent (has ability to be good) (5.5)
- Adequate (5)
- Marginal (4 - 4.9)
- Poor (3 - 3.9)
- Very Poor (2 - 2.9)
- Not Good Enough For NFL Considerations (0 - 1.9)

Position Skills

Read/React: Outstanding

Lee diagnoses plays flawlessly and reacts to the football constantly as if he was the one who called the play. One of his better attributes to his game. Will give one hop the speed to make the play.

Initial Quickness: Very Good

Lee is quick getting into his gaps and dropping back into coverage.

Strength: Good/Solid

He is not overly strong but has the strength you look for in a NFL at the LBer position.

Tackling: Exceptional

You will very rarely see me use the exceptional grade, but Sean Lee deserves it. The guy once he makes contact takes you down, Sean uses great form.

Block Shedding: Good/Solid

Lee struggles getting off blocks during blitzes but when he has someone running at him he is able to shed the blocker at ease. Essentially, he is very good at shedding the blocker during the run but on pass plays he is not.

Strength vs Pass: Very Good

Most of Lee's credit against the pass will have to go to Rob Ryan because he is constantly putting him in a great position against the pass to make a great play. Most notably in week 3 against the Bucs, Ryan essentially put Lee where the ball was tipped pre-play scheme. He had his Inside Linebackers play 15 yards off the tackles with his Safeties playing 20-25 yards deep. Sean Lee moved backwards and then had to move forward to his original positioning to make the INT off the tip.

Pursuit/Range: Outstanding

Not much needed here except no matter where the play is Lee will make the play and take exceptional angles that allows for him to do that.

Closing Burst: Very Good

If he is running side by side with a teammate to make a play he is essentially going to make the play first no matter who he is running with.

Zone Coverage:Very Good

Haven't seen someone try and make a play against him during zone coverage which speaks volumes.

Man Coverage: Good/Solid

I barely saw Lee is man coverage, which its hard to say he is bad or good at it so I will say he is solid.

Errors: Outstanding

I would challenge to to find a mistake that Sean Lee makes, he just doesn't.

Overview

Strength:
As you have read, Sean Lee has many strengths. He is a great tackler in all aspects leading up to the tackle to ending it. One thing that I was shocked with was his terrific angles that he does take. He might be out of the play but then he knows the exact angle he needs to take to put him back into it, this could be his best asset. Never count this guy out of the play.

Weakness:

The only true weakness I can find in his game is that he cannot shed blocks on the blitz. If he could do that he could be considered to be better than Willis.

Overall:

I believe Sean Lee is a top 5 ILB in the NFL. He is a playmaker and the go to man for defensive players. He is vastly underrated in the NFL and could soon be considered the best Linebacker in the NFL. This guy is Zach Thomas playing in 2001-2003. I am very excited of what is to come from him, he he can become a better pass rusher, look out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the one who asked. Jeffcoat is not a 3-4 guy. Think Robert Quinn, maybe just not as quick. But his bread and butter is with his hand in the dirt. And with the way he runs and his upright pass rushing style along with his somewhat stiff hips he would be awkward trying to drop back into coverage. Only use he has is as a pass rusher and we need our OLB to do more then that. He would be a mediocre OLB in a 3-4 defense. But has first round talent as a 4-3 End.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I never got around to that 2nd report. Oh well. Instead, I'll be coming out with my big board (that will include under and upperclassmen) sometime in the next day or so

JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Witten, Jason
Position: Tight End
College: Tennessee
Height: 66
Weight: 261 lbs

Scouting Ratings

- Rare Qualities (few reach this aspect outside of size) (9)
- Great (few reach outside of size) (8.5)
- Exceptional (8]
- Excellent (7.5)
- Outstanding (7)
- Very Good (6.5)
- Good/Solid (6)
- Very Inconsistent (has ability to be good) (5.5)
- Adequate (5)
- Marginal (4 - 4.9)
- Poor (3 - 3.9)
- Very Poor (2 - 2.9)
- Not Good Enough For NFL Considerations (0 - 1.9)

Position Skills

Hands: Good/Solid

We all know that Witten has great hands, but recently his hands have sucked. I gave him a good/solid based on his previous work, but also at the last game (Week 3 Tampa) he seemed to be getting back into his groove

Release: Very Good

Witten is very consistent in his route running and that starts with his release off the LOS. He gets a very clean release and as you could expect no corner wants to bump him.

Route Running: Very Good

As I said previously, he is very consistent and gets good separation in is routes but more importantly he is able to get very good separation at the end of his routes.

Adjusting to Ball: Good/Solid

Previously, Witten would catch anything around him by plucking the ball out of the air. It did not matter whether it was with one hand or not. This year he is in a funk, which i believe he will be out of shortly.

Deep Threat: Very Good

This is mainly because of his route running ability.

Run Block/In-Line: Good/Solid

Witten is a good run blocker, he contains his man allowing running lanes for the RB. He also gets great positioning on his blocking as well.

Rn Block/In-Space: Good/Solid

Witten is a great pull blocker opening up holes for Murray. Most notably during the Murray TD run vs TB.

Pass Blocking: Very Inconsistent

Witten has been awful against pass rush. I hope he can clear this up. He is only getting inconsistent because of his previous history.

Durability/Toughness: Excellent

Has only missed 1 game in his career and played through his lacerated spleen. This guy is very tough.

Errors: Great

Doesn't make many mistake. Lately he just seems gun shy is you will.

Overview

Strength:

Jason Witten is one of the best all around Tight Ends in the game today. Witten's best asset is of course is receiving ability. Witten is also a good run bocking Tight End. Before his lacerated spleen he had very soft hands and could pluck anything out of the air, now he looks as if he is battling back.

Weakness

Currently Witten has a weakness of most of his game, but as he settles into games he becomes his old self. The problem is by the time that happens Romo, has lost faith in Witten and doesn't look his way. When Witten is on his A game it is hard to find a weakness.

Overall:

Jason is one of the best Tight Ends in the NFL and when he comes around to his natural self he will be playing so and I could see our offensive play turning around as well. I believe the problem lies within the play calling because right now Witten is playing without confidence. We need to run the ball and get Witten into his own and then start getting him into passing patterns. Look for Witten to have a big game against the Bears.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal Information

Name: Robert Lester
Position: Safety
College: Alabama
Class: Senior
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210

Position Skills

Read/React: Above Average

Lester does a good job of reading the quarterback's eyes and getting a good jump on throws. In run support, needs to diagnose plays quicker. His overall awareness and recognition skills are improving.

Man Coverage: Average

Lester should have no problems covering tight ends at the next level. He has the height to hang around with the bigger guys, and the speed to keep up with the faster ones. However, he will not be able to cover receivers consistently. Too slow changing directions and not fluid enough.

Zone Coverage: Above Average

If you want to get the most out of Lester, you need to just let him play center field. Has decent range in deep zones, but his recovery speed won't cut it in the big leagues. Usually diagnoses plays well in zone, but if he doesn't, it could be a disaster.

Break and Close: Average

Lester is not nearly as quick out of his breaks as I initially thought he would be. Again, diagnoses plays well in coverage, so he gets a good jump on the ball. But his closing speed is average given his position. Sometimes looks hesitant to really get in there and make a play.

Hips/Turn and Run Ability: Below Average/Average

This is going to be a problem for Lester going forward. His hips are too stiff to turn and run with slot receivers. Has some obvious trouble changing directions and flipping his hips in order to keep up with receivers. This is one of the main reasons you just want Lester as your roaming free safety.

Tackling: Average

You expect a 6'2, 210 pound safety to really be able to lay the wood out there. Well, Lester is the exception. On film, he often looks hesitant to make a tackle in the open field, and I see him lunging at the knees of ball carriers more than standing up and making a sound tackle. However, is a technical wrap up tackler when the game is slowed down a bit for him.

Pursuit/Range: Above Average

When coming from the high point, Lester takes good angles and pursues the ball carrier well. Average speed plus good angles leads to above average range. In the box, he is inconsistent, though. Much better from 15 yards away from the line.

Hitting Ability: Below Average

Maybe I just watched the wrong games, but in three games I watched of Lester, he didn't make a big hit. Doesn't play up to his size. Almost as if he doesn't want to get hurt making a tackle.

Hands: Great

This is an area that Lester really excels. Able to high point the ball and has soft, strong hands. A true ball hawk. Is very aggressive going for the ball in traffic, which is something you really want to see. Occasionally tries to hard to undercut and gets caught out of position though. Needs to realize that he is the last line of defense and can't take too many gambles.

Deep Speed: Average

Nothing too special here, but you don't expect a 6'2, 210 pound safety to set the world on fire with his speed. The fact that he has stiff hips does not help matters either. If he gets a makes a good read and gets a decent jump on the ball, he is usually fine, and doesn't have to make up for it with pure speed.

Return Ability: Above Average

Has the ability to take any interception to the house. Good vision when returning interceptions. Hugs the sideline with blockers in front of him, and knows when to make a cutback. Average speed is the only thing holding him back.

Errors: Above Average

Didn't see Lester take too many stupid penalties when I watched him on film. Can get caught leaning the wrong way at times, which could lead to a big play.

Overview

Strength:

If you want Lester at his best, put him back in centerfield and let him do his thing. He will get his fair share of interceptions because he reads the quarterback well, and has great hands to come down the football.

Weakness:

My two biggest concerns with Lester are his stiff hips and tackling ability. I don't think he will be able to cover slot receivers in the NFL. He isn't quick enough, and can't flip his hips and run. As far as tackling goes, he looks scared to me. Doesn't want to pop anybody square in the chest or wrap up in open space.

Overall:

I will be honest, I was one of the guys who thought that Lester was a better prospect than Mark Barron. Now, I am not so sure. I think that the Cowboys need a more physical presence at safety. Moreover, I think Lester is purely a free safety, and the Cowboys need players who can play free or strong. They need somebody who can cover deep, cover the slot, and make big hits. Lester can't do all three.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 5 of 57

Jump to: