Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to watch week 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5432
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Margus Hunt of SMU was a monster. He can stack like a pro but needs to work on shedding. At worst he will be a help in run defense.


When you can bench press a Kensworth its pretty easy to stack. I pointed him out in my post draft mock and I want him on this team for sure. The reason I want him, however, is not defense. He has 17 blocked kicks already and his career is not even over. I've watched him numerous times and I haven't seen him do anything but use his strenght to move people. Obviously a good defensive coach can turn a guy with his raw strenght and power into something productive but guys that need great coaching to have any impact at all usually go 3rd or later. Again I do like him I'm just telling what I've seen so far.

Now onto Mingo. I understand the guy is explosive but he doesn't seem very aware on the field. He doesn't have much power. He is a guy who needs lots of work. A prospect as raw as him should not be going Top 10 with complete players like Montgomery, Okafor and Werner on the board. In fact if I wanted a raw prospect I believe Dion Jordan has the highest upside of these DEs. The guy is freakishly athletic, fast and physical. He covers slot recievers, rushes from his DE spot and has lined up as a DT. He has only been a defensive player for just over 2 full years. I just wish Oregon would rush him more so we can see all he can do. Another high upside guy is William Gholston. He is a huge man and very quick for his size. He also seems relentless. He doesn't seem to give up and is always trying new ways to beat and OT and I like that creativity. I think he has a long ways to go, however, and also has a big bust potential too.

Again these are just my opinions from what I am seeing. And I stress I really really really want to like Mingo because what I hear is freak athletic ability. I'm just not seeing it. I will keep watching in hope it shows up before the end of the year, but right now I think he needs to and will stay for his senior season.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
i want a player on d who crushes people.

when was the last time we had someone like that in the front 7?

when need teams to fear us. it simply doesn't happen currently


Last time we had a guy like that was when they didn't fine players for bringing the wood.

I can see it now we get a player like that and they are fined for laying someone out. No more than a few seconds later we will see Cut player X he is costing us with Penalties as such...
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LETSGOBROWNIES


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 7944
Location: CINCINNATI
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Margus Hunt of SMU was a monster. He can stack like a pro but needs to work on shedding. At worst he will be a help in run defense.


When you can bench press a Kensworth its pretty easy to stack. I pointed him out in my post draft mock and I want him on this team for sure. The reason I want him, however, is not defense. He has 17 blocked kicks already and his career is not even over. I've watched him numerous times and I haven't seen him do anything but use his strenght to move people. Obviously a good defensive coach can turn a guy with his raw strenght and power into something productive but guys that need great coaching to have any impact at all usually go 3rd or later. Again I do like him I'm just telling what I've seen so far.

Now onto Mingo. I understand the guy is explosive but he doesn't seem very aware on the field. He doesn't have much power. He is a guy who needs lots of work. A prospect as raw as him should not be going Top 10 with complete players like Montgomery, Okafor and Werner on the board. In fact if I wanted a raw prospect I believe Dion Jordan has the highest upside of these DEs. The guy is freakishly athletic, fast and physical. He covers slot recievers, rushes from his DE spot and has lined up as a DT. He has only been a defensive player for just over 2 full years. I just wish Oregon would rush him more so we can see all he can do. Another high upside guy is William Gholston. He is a huge man and very quick for his size. He also seems relentless. He doesn't seem to give up and is always trying new ways to beat and OT and I like that creativity. I think he has a long ways to go, however, and also has a big bust potential too.

Again these are just my opinions from what I am seeing. And I stress I really really really want to like Mingo because what I hear is freak athletic ability. I'm just not seeing it. I will keep watching in hope it shows up before the end of the year, but right now I think he needs to and will stay for his senior season.


I like Hunt as well, but it should be noted, he'll be a 26 year old rookie.

I wouldn't mind Hunt later in round 1, but a top 10 pick on a guy that age, a year after spending a pick on Weeden, would bother me for some reason. I don't even know if the reason is logical.
_________________


First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16186
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
i want a player on d who crushes people.

when was the last time we had someone like that in the front 7?

when need teams to fear us. it simply doesn't happen currently


Last time we had a guy like that was when they didn't fine players for bringing the wood.

I can see it now we get a player like that and they are fined for laying someone out. No more than a few seconds later we will see Cut player X he is costing us with Penalties as such...


please.... we would all love a James Harrison type and we would jump to his defense like steeler fans do when he gets fines
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
obby


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 902
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the wilson kid out of washington state we could use a WR and he looked pretty legit to me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5432
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obby wrote:
what about the wilson kid out of washington state we could use a WR and he looked pretty legit to me


I commented on him earlier in this tread. He looked legit minus his 3 drops.

I stoped watching towart the end of the 3rd quarter too, so he may have had more I don't know.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Jeffcoat drops back in coverage too much to be a true impact pass rusher right now. Oregon uses Dion Jordan the same way. Its frustrating to watch when you are trying to see them as a pass rusher.


This is what's frustrating to me. This upcoming draft seems to be full of 3-4 OLB's, but doesn't seem great at pure 4-3 DE. I feel like most of the top rated guys are all 3-4 guys


There's a few more "freaks" in this class than usual.

I think that Montgomery, Werner, and Lemonier are all pure 43 RDE's.
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26653
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
obby wrote:
what about the wilson kid out of washington state we could use a WR and he looked pretty legit to me


I commented on him earlier in this tread. He looked legit minus his 3 drops.

I stoped watching towart the end of the 3rd quarter too, so he may have had more I don't know.


Oh lets not go down that road please we have enough of that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
obby wrote:
what about the wilson kid out of washington state we could use a WR and he looked pretty legit to me


I commented on him earlier in this tread. He looked legit minus his 3 drops.

I stoped watching towart the end of the 3rd quarter too, so he may have had more I don't know.


Oh lets not go down that road please we have enough of that.


Young WRs drop passes it is on the coaching staff to fix that...
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BooyaCS


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 7520
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
i want a player on d who crushes people.

when was the last time we had someone like that in the front 7?

when need teams to fear us. it simply doesn't happen currently


Last time we had a guy like that was when they didn't fine players for bringing the wood.

I can see it now we get a player like that and they are fined for laying someone out. No more than a few seconds later we will see Cut player X he is costing us with Penalties as such...


please.... we would all love a James Harrison type and we would jump to his defense like steeler fans do when he gets fines


Some fans would there would be other fans that say he is a dirty player and to cut him because we don't play like that. It is the same thing as Little doing his Usain Bolt impression.
_________________
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.” -- J R R Tolkien LOTR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgX


Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 10990
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get to watch much of the Texas game, but I like what I've seen from Okafor in the past. Depending on what happens next offseason, I might be happy to have him in brown and orange.
_________________
Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee



Smack on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
candyman93


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 42901
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to put this but, I'd really like to go after Kenny Phillips and Antoine Caldwell in free agency. Kenny Phillips has been solid and would fill our FS spot. Houston fans have told me Caldwell has talent but needs someone to help him achieve it. We all know Heckertt isn't a big spender but these aren't sexy moves that would cost a lot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 26653
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
i want a player on d who crushes people.

when was the last time we had someone like that in the front 7?

when need teams to fear us. it simply doesn't happen currently


Last time we had a guy like that was when they didn't fine players for bringing the wood.

I can see it now we get a player like that and they are fined for laying someone out. No more than a few seconds later we will see Cut player X he is costing us with Penalties as such...


please.... we would all love a James Harrison type and we would jump to his defense like steeler fans do when he gets fines


Some fans would there would be other fans that say he is a dirty player and to cut him because we don't play like that. It is the same thing as Little doing his Usain Bolt impression.


No one would care if Little danced like a maniac so long as he catches the ball. Its celebration despite failure that annoys people.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12348
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Not sure where to put this but, I'd really like to go after Kenny Phillips and Antoine Caldwell in free agency. Kenny Phillips has been solid and would fill our FS spot. Houston fans have told me Caldwell has talent but needs someone to help him achieve it. We all know Heckertt isn't a big spender but these aren't sexy moves that would cost a lot.


I would actually like to target Andy levitre
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DawgSoldier


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 5947
Location: Medina OH
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe not the exact thread for it but anyone know where a comprehensive FA list is that is semi accurate?
_________________
The Dawgpounds new three headed monster!

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group