Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Are we really all getting pissy about a missed hail mary last second throw?

people have got pissy over less on this fourm... Laughing
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Yeah, like a FB
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Yeah, like a FB

Facebook? ... I must have missed that one.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Oby that was running free, not Gordon.

It was a four man rush with all 7 of the other defenders in the endzone.

The closest guy was looking the other way.

That would have been a TD, IMHO.

Oby ran a delayed route, chipped (kinda) than ran with no one even close.

*Side note* I post these things about Weeden just to help us see what the coaches might see. I'm do not intend on these clips to show how bad Weeden is, but the small things that we need to focus on to see his progress and development.

I also posted this one to point out that we have been that close to winning (tying) a few games already this year.

IMO, Offense needs players to progess (Weeden, Schwartz, Little, Gordon...)

Defense needs players replaced (Fujita, a FS, RE..)
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
You guys may have liked Chandler Jones more toward the end of the draft process, but I remember when I first started putting him in my Browns mocks no one liked it even at #36. I got a lot of crap in here and the mock forum saying he was a 3rd rounder. I said he was going in the 1st long before it became the cool thing to do.

I don't even want any credit. I don't care what people on this site think of my evaulations anymore because it doesn't matter and it doesn't even change who the Browns draft anyway. I am, however, concerned with the amount of people every year on various different prospect who always claim they were on so and so badwagon and I remember clearly early on it wasn't the case. I hate how people will never admitt when they are wrong.

You weren't the only one who liked Chandler Jones. I know I and at least a couple others did as well (I know ditchdigger was one of them, can't remember the others). In fact, Chandler Jones was one of the only defensive ends I liked in the draft.

Anyway...

The Good:

- Weeden: Played well for a rookie in his fourth game going up against one of the best teams in the league IN Baltimore, which is one of the toughest places to play. He got better as the game went on and played well even after that interception and people wrote the Browns off. His CMP% wasn't good, but I imagine it would look much better if it weren't for all of those dropped passes. He's improving and showing that he might be the quarterback the Browns have been searching for.

- Front seven: Looked good once again. Winn and Hughes are looking very good for rookies. Sheard had his best game of the season. He got a sack and was pressuring Flacco. Rucker looked pretty solid as well. Robertson is really good for an UDFA. I think it's only a matter of time until he becomes a starter... or at least I hope that's the case.

- Richardson: His stats weren't impressive, but that's mainly due to the poor run blocking. There were times where he was gaining a lot of yards even when there was no hole - he just carried the pile of defenders on his back. When there were holes, he made the most of them. As soon as the run blocking improves, Richardson's stats will look better. I like stats, but they don't always tell the whole story. When it comes to Richardson, stats definitely don't tell the whole story.

The Bad:

- Inconsistent DB play: I don't think the DBs are as bad as some make them out to be. It's just with Haden out, all of them are forced "up the ladder". Brown is a decent #2 but shouldn't be a #1. Skrine has the potential to become a legitmate starter in the future, but isn't ready yet. Patterson is a good nickel back, but struggles on the outside and shouldn't be starting. Once Haden returns, all of the DBs will look better. That will help the Browns out so much because the main reason the Browns lost the Bengals game (and arguably the Ravens game as well) is due to them giving up big plays through the air. If Haden were playing, many of those big plays might not have happened. BTW, where is Wade? He looked great in preseason so I'd like to see him get more playing time.

- Maiava: How is he still starting? Really, he doesn't do anything particularly good. Robertson should definitely start over him. LJ Fort would also likely be better. Why hasn't he got much playing time since week one? He played well vs. the Eagles, yet he hasn't seen much action since then. Also, is JMJ still injured? I'd like to see what he can do.

- Inconsistent WR play: The only reason I don't have this under the ugly is because they did make some nice plays. I like Little but he's way too damn inconssitent. I haven't given up on him yet since he's only in his second year and most receivers don't really live up to their potential until their third year. He's got the talent to be a really good receiver in the NFL, he just has to work on catching the football. However, Little wasn't the only one with drops. Norwood and Cameron were guilty of this as well, although I'm glad Cameron is starting to see more playing time. Hopefully he'll keep seeing playing time even though he did drop a pass or two the other day.

The Browns need to get the ball in Travis Benjamin's hands more often. He looks quite good for a rookie drafted in round four. He's a deep threat but is also good on shorter/intermediate routes because he seems to always have space in front of him because the cornerback has to give him a big cushion due to his speed. The Browns could have used Massaquoi in this game, who all of a sudden has been quite consistent this year, which has always been his biggest problem. In the past, he'd have a good game here and there but then would be invisible in other games. He'll never be a great receiver, but he could be a good possession receiver and a nice security blanket when the Browns need to move the chains.

The Ugly:

- Run blocking: Lauvao is awful and needs to be replaced. I had hope that Pinkston would develop into a solid starter because he looked decent for a rookie drafted in the fifth round last season. I haven't completely given up on Pinkston, but I don't have much faith in him. It looks like he should just be a backup. Honestly, he's still a decent pick because getting a good backup towards the end of the draft is still a nice acquisition.

It might be hard to replace both guards this offseason, but they absolutely have to replace Lauvao. Since the Browns don't have a draft pick in round two and considering they already have plenty of young and inexperienced linemen, I think the Browns should sign a guard via free agency. They need to spend money so they could sign one of the top guards in free agency and still have enough money to possibly sign another guard who's at least an average starter.
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Good: we get 10 days until we face the defending Super Bowl champs.

Hopefully the streak continues

The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
The Good: we get 10 days until we face the defending Super Bowl champs.

Hopefully the streak continues

It started with the NY Giants hopefully it doesn't end with them.

The Giants play the Eagles this week and then SF the week after. Heres to hoping they are looking ahead to SF when they play the Browns.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
^^^^

I agree Reggie.

The offense has the pieces in place for the most part, they just need time to develop and grow together.

Defensively, a few 'difference makers' would be quite helpful, especially at DE/CB/FS, but overall, there are some nice building blocks.

Browns fans have built a dynasty out of moral victories in the past and have forced themselves to believe 'we're close' even when to the average fan knew we weren't. But, I agree, this is different. We have the talent. It just needs to develop and continue to progress.

Well said Reggie and LETSGO.

I know most fans are tired about hearing that the Browns are close, but I truly believe they are. This team has talent and potential. The main thing holding them back is inexperience. As this team grows together, they'll improve. They won't make as many mistakes which is the main reason the Browns are 0-4.

The offense has the pieces in place to be good. There's a lot of question marks surrounding the receivers, but the potential is there.

The defense is good and is only a couple of players away from possibly becoming elite. If they were to add a great play-making pass rusher or free safety, then that would help the Browns a ton. I'd love to add Jarvis Jones and a good free safety next offseason. If they're able to do this, that could be the difference between having a good defense and an elite defense.

This team is close. I know it's hard to be patient and I'm tired of losing as well. But I can stand waiting a little longer because I think this team is close to becoming legitimate contenders. The main thing holding them back is inexperience. Once they gain experience, I think this team could be pretty good. We just have to wait.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Yeah, like a FB

When that FB was a 4th round pick, which is pretty damned high for a FB, and he's looked like a rusty turd, folks are going to get pissy.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

Would Taylor and Haden helped make a difference in this game? That is the question we need to be asking ourselves.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Would Taylor and Haden helped make a difference in this game? That is the question we need to be asking ourselves.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Taylor? Maybe probably not

Haden- absolutely.
BigMoneysProtege

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just venting a little bit, but the rest of this forum and the national media is unbelievable the way they talk about the Browns. It's like we're the most hopeless product they've ever seen on the field this year and we've stood no chance against a single team we've played. I've seen people saying that 0-16 is basically a given at this point.

Is anyone besides us even WATCHING Browns games this year? We've lost by 1, 7, 10, 7 to decent to good/great teams and it's like were the '08 lions all of the sudden. We look worlds better right now that we did last year after week 4 (to me at least). I understand we have to get W's to get respect but the disrespect that the Browns get is amazing to me. I'm not angry or upset but it is so lazy to just write off the Browns. Ravens fans claim that the game was "NEVER in doubt" or "100% under control." We had a chance to tie from the 30 in their house? I guess I just don't see what everyone else sees. I see a young team missing a star defender a couple mistakes away from 2-2.

The present is a gift, and I just wanna be.
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: hmmmm Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Taylor? Maybe probably not

Haden- absolutely.

Taylor: yes, having a deep rotation in your defensive line would help out a defense
Haden: oh hell yeah, he is one of the top DBs in the league. So he makes a huge difference with him on the field and him off the field

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMoneysProtege wrote:
This is just venting a little bit, but the rest of this forum and the national media is unbelievable the way they talk about the Browns. It's like we're the most hopeless product they've ever seen on the field this year and we've stood no chance against a single team we've played. I've seen people saying that 0-16 is basically a given at this point.

Is anyone besides us even WATCHING Browns games this year? We've lost by 1, 7, 10, 7 to decent to good/great teams and it's like were the '08 lions all of the sudden. We look worlds better right now that we did last year after week 4 (to me at least). I understand we have to get W's to get respect but the disrespect that the Browns get is amazing to me. I'm not angry or upset but it is so lazy to just write off the Browns. Ravens fans claim that the game was "NEVER in doubt" or "100% under control." We had a chance to tie from the 30 in their house? I guess I just don't see what everyone else sees. I see a young team missing a star defender a couple mistakes away from 2-2.

This is basically how I feel. Good post.

We are getting close that's why I'm predicting playoffs next year.
Shurmur has improved his play calling. Not his fault we miss on some long bombs or our receivers drop passes. Penalties are also the players fault. Dropped interceptions are also the players fault. Haden is to blame for his suspension.

There are positions we need to improve at. Guards, free safety and fullback stand out to me. A tall corner would help also and this draft has some 6 foot or taller. As far as r.d.e. to me that is not our biggest problem Rucker and Parker are playing well. I actually don't think linebacking is a problem. I like what I see of Robertson and Fort. Gocong,Johnson and Acho are hurt. Jackson is playing the best he has ever. Receivers are young and will improve. MoMoss has to stay healthy. I'm not ready to give up just yet on our young guards or fullback. I am at free safety and just about at punter.

With 15 first year players and several second year players what do people expect?

This team will become a force next year and be a force for 5-6 years thereafter. We will be drafting later in the first round and than all positions like guard could be drafted. I think the second half of this season is when we will see this team learning how to win. Maybe sooner.

Jauron is very good. Give him a couple more def. players and we should be a top 5 defense. The offense will come around. Not worried about Weeden at all. We have a lot of talent we just need to harness it. I love the job Heckert is doing.

Except for a few positions and our execution I'm very upbeat.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
brownsfan1710

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who has seen Pat's post game presser, did you feel that he's beginning to get frustrated with himself? I think he made mention a couple of times that they need to coach one or two plays better too make a difference. I get that Pat's the scapegoat, but I feel bad for him. Is he the greatest play caller? No. Is he getting better? I honestly think so. But the drops, and the inability to get a push in the run game are just making us look miserable. The drops are the reason we are 0-4. I've never seen a team drop more passes than us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: