Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys may have liked Chandler Jones more toward the end of the draft process, but I remember when I first started putting him in my Browns mocks no one liked it even at #36. I got a lot of crap in here and the mock forum saying he was a 3rd rounder. I said he was going in the 1st long before it became the cool thing to do.

I don't even want any credit. I don't care what people on this site think of my evaulations anymore because it doesn't matter and it doesn't even change who the Browns draft anyway. I am, however, concerned with the amount of people every year on various different prospect who always claim they were on so and so badwagon and I remember clearly early on it wasn't the case. I hate how people will never admitt when they are wrong.

Jamison on the sig
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
You guys may have liked Chandler Jones more toward the end of the draft process, but I remember when I first started putting him in my Browns mocks no one liked it even at #36. I got a lot of crap in here and the mock forum saying he was a 3rd rounder. I said he was going in the 1st long before it became the cool thing to do.

I don't even want any credit. I don't care what people on this site think of my evaulations anymore because it doesn't matter and it doesn't even change who the Browns draft anyway. I am, however, concerned with the amount of people every year on various different prospect who always claim they were on so and so badwagon and I remember clearly early on it wasn't the case. I hate how people will never admitt when they are wrong.

I bet you always eat pizza before it's cool too, huh?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
So, you know that last play where Weeden threw the ball out of the endzone? I thought you guys might want to see this. Sorry for the quality.

Problem is he is way short of the endzone (Gordon I thinK) and 2 I have no faith he would make someone miss.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

now's not the time for D1ck measuring!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:
So, you know that last play where Weeden threw the ball out of the endzone? I thought you guys might want to see this. Sorry for the quality.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4HJgi.jpg[img]

Problem is he is way short of the endzone (Gordon I thinK) and 2 I have no faith he would make someone miss.

Better chance for Gordon to make it into the endzone, than scoring a td off a ball thrown 15 yards outside the field of play.

Just sayin...
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reginaldm9 wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I bet you always eat pizza before it's cool too, huh?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/careers/internships

There you go.

I didn't like Chandler Jones because I feared much like I feared with JPP that he was a physical freak who would not develop. Guys like Josh Gordon would probably look a lot better with coaches who could train them up.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

There you go.

I didn't like Chandler Jones because I feared much like I feared with JPP that he was a physical freak who would not develop. Guys like Josh Gordon would probably look a lot better with coaches who could train them up.

Nice to see someone can admitt they were wrong about a guy instead of resorting to insulting the guy who was right.

And no thanks on the NFL career. I have a family I would like to see grow. I don't have time for 90 hour unpaid internships with a slim chance to actually get to the top. Even if you are lucky enough to get to the top all your time is soaked up by your job, and no disrespect to anyone here at all, but thats when things happen at home like what happened with Andy Reid and Tony Dungy's kids. I would much rather be just a fan who is decent at talent evauluation and get no respect than work in the NFL anyday.

Oh and I do eat pizza before it gets cool. I know its the college thing to eat cold pizza but I like mine fresh out of the over hot. I know call me old fashion right.

And I've never measured. It may be the smallest thing around but my wife has never complained so it doesn't concern me.

Jamison on the sig
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

There you go.

Nice to see someone can admitt they were wrong about a guy instead of resorting to insulting the guy who was right.

And no thanks on the NFL career. I have a family I would like to see grow. I don't have time for 90 hour unpaid internships with a slim chance to actually get to the top. Even if you are lucky enough to get to the top all your time is soaked up by your job, and no disrespect to anyone here at all, but thats when things happen at home like what happened with Andy Reid and Tony Dungy's kids. I would much rather be just a fan who is decent at talent evauluation and get no respect than work in the NFL anyday.

Oh and I do eat pizza before it gets cool. I know its the college thing to eat cold pizza but I like mine fresh out of the over hot. I know call me old fashion right.

And I've never measured. It may be the smallest thing around but my wife has never complained so it doesn't concern me.

Helluva a response sir. I expected an attack. I applaud your civility.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Better chance for Gordon to make it into the endzone, than scoring a td off a ball thrown 15 yards outside the field of play.

Just sayin...

Actually they have the same amount. Gordon would be stopped short with 7 Ravens in the endzone. That type of play 2 seconds left you throw the ball into the endzone. That is the correct call and throw. The problem is throwing it out the back of the endzone.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

I always admit when I am wrong. But I maintain that coaching and use is as important as pre-draft ability. Its a vastly underrated aspect to draft busts. Put Tim Couch in a better situation and he wins.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Just sayin...

ONE Actually they have the same amount. Gordon would be stopped short with 7 Ravens in the endzone. TWO That type of play 2 seconds left you throw the ball into the endzone. That is the correct call and throw. The problem is throwing it out the back of the endzone.

ONE. wrong - with the ball thrown that far out of the back of the endzone as it was in the game it has 0% chance of scoring, Gordon with the ball in his hand has at least a slim chance of getting the bal into the endzone

TWO. that is obvious. everyone should understand that.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we really all getting pissy about a missed hail mary last second throw?

Weeden tied that game, its not his fault that Greg Little let the pass go through his finger tips.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

I always admit when I am wrong. But I maintain that coaching and use is as important as pre-draft ability. Its a vastly underrated aspect to draft busts. Put Tim Couch in a better situation and he wins.

I agree and speaking of Tim Couch I believe he had good coaching until Butch Davis showed his ugly mug here in Cleveland and ruinned him. What was bringing him down before Davis wasn't coaching it was simply lack of supporting cast. I believe he actually put up better numbers than McNabb his 1st two season if not it was his first year and half or so.

I always hate seeing Tim Couch int he Top 3 when someone has a all time bust list because IMO he was actually a good QB stuck in an awful situation from supporting cast to coaching later in his stay here. IMO Gerard Warren was a bigger bust because he simply lacked motivation.

Jamison on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: