Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What does your nick stand for??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mikek163


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 5524
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First name is Mike. Last name starts with a K. 163 is a number I had to throw in.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4254
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ryknow=Ryan Martinie's nickname (Bassist for Mudvayne)
ssd=the type of bass I play.

I know mine stumps a lot of people who haven't been around on these forums for a while, so I figured I'd share.

BTW, Martinie's 10x more talented than anyone in Pearl Jam. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.


At their instrument of choice in a purely technical/complexity perspective, that's certainly possible. Overall musical talent/creativity...no. Most people have no idea, but Mike McCready has few living rivals when it comes to live guitar playing. Complexity? No, not usually...but it takes a talented player to expand on so many songs from the studio and play a unique variation of those guitar licks not just from tour to tour, but in many cases from show to show. Some of his lead work on songs like Little Wing, Star Spangled Banner, and All Along the Watchtower can make Hendrix seem slow or boring (which he's not).
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HiccupGuy


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1977
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play a ton of MMO's rpg/fps from the age of 13-19. My screen names for the games were either Hiccup or NachoMan. Since I had been reading on this site since 2008 I knew there was a dolphins fan with the screen name Nacho in it. So I picked Hiccup and since I am a guy I added the guy part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rumless


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 1517
Location: Chiefs Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be Desmond because of the character on Lost.

I changed to Rumless because it's my moniker on everything else and no one else uses it (save for that dweeb on Youtube). Rumless simply means "without rum". You can take that as me being a bad pirate, or unhappy because I got no Cap'n 'round. But it's a unique handle, much like Piquel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
onejayhawk


Joined: 14 Apr 2006
Posts: 5672
Location: Waco, Tx
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, when the only email was in govt agencies and universities, you had to start with an alpha character. So, #1jayhawkfan was out and onejayhawkfan didnt work.

Viola, "onejayhawk".

It does not hurt that J is my initial. Since people ask, I put it after because back then you could not store a sig.

J
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KCDiehard88


Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 3136
Location: Southwest MO
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some odd reason I was like one Chiefs fan at my high school, which is odd because it was in Southwest MO, very close to Springfield. So being the only Chiefs fan and having more knowledge than anyone else on the subject I considered myself a Diehard fan. I still do to a degree, but you guys have knocked me down a level or two. Wink

Any I threw the #88 in there because TG was my guy growing up. I'm to young to remember DT, so TG was the man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scholars maintain that the the meaning of the word OILCHIEFS has been lost in translation.

But it's actually just a combination of my two favorite sports teams: Chiefs of course and the Edmonton Oilers.

I also have no idea why it's all in caps. It just kinda happened that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22815
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
At their instrument of choice in a purely technical/complexity perspective, that's certainly possible. Overall musical talent/creativity...no. Most people have no idea, but Mike McCready has few living rivals when it comes to live guitar playing. Complexity? No, not usually...but it takes a talented player to expand on so many songs from the studio and play a unique variation of those guitar licks not just from tour to tour, but in many cases from show to show. Some of his lead work on songs like Little Wing, Star Spangled Banner, and All Along the Watchtower can make Hendrix seem slow or boring (which he's not).


So let me get this straight...you're ranking improvisational skills over actual raw talent, precision and intricate creativity? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10892
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
At their instrument of choice in a purely technical/complexity perspective, that's certainly possible. Overall musical talent/creativity...no. Most people have no idea, but Mike McCready has few living rivals when it comes to live guitar playing. Complexity? No, not usually...but it takes a talented player to expand on so many songs from the studio and play a unique variation of those guitar licks not just from tour to tour, but in many cases from show to show. Some of his lead work on songs like Little Wing, Star Spangled Banner, and All Along the Watchtower can make Hendrix seem slow or boring (which he's not).


So let me get this straight...you're ranking improvisational skills over actual raw talent, precision and intricate creativity? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think he's rating what he likes over what you like. Wink
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4254
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
At their instrument of choice in a purely technical/complexity perspective, that's certainly possible. Overall musical talent/creativity...no. Most people have no idea, but Mike McCready has few living rivals when it comes to live guitar playing. Complexity? No, not usually...but it takes a talented player to expand on so many songs from the studio and play a unique variation of those guitar licks not just from tour to tour, but in many cases from show to show. Some of his lead work on songs like Little Wing, Star Spangled Banner, and All Along the Watchtower can make Hendrix seem slow or boring (which he's not).


So let me get this straight...you're ranking improvisational skills over actual raw talent, precision and intricate creativity? If so, we'll have to agree to disagree.


Don't you have to be incredibly talented to go out there show after show and play something different that's still good and fits the song? This is one of the things many of the original guitar heroes like Hendrix, Blackmore, and Allman were known for. There are many many players that have that raw talent and precision that can't make a good living playing music because they can't create anything great of their own.

That ain't true of Ryknow and like I said I can agree he is better technically than anyone from PJ, but he's not a better music creator...it's a different kind of talent, so yeah we can agree to disagree...that's cool.

Bigs, I ain't ranking what I like over what he likes...I basically agreed with his original statement....but there are guys with no jobs that have more technical skill than alot of bands, how can you say they are more talented than the guys in Pearl Jam?
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22815
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Don't you have to be incredibly talented to go out there show after show and play something different that's still good and fits the song? This is one of the things many of the original guitar heroes like Hendrix, Blackmore, and Allman were known for. There are many many players that have that raw talent and precision that can't make a good living playing music because they can't create anything great of their own.


Actually, no. You don't have to be one of the greatest to improv because musicians, including myself, do it all the time. The only way you could ever have a "jam session" when you've never played with them before is to improv random stuff. Pretty much every musician who has played for more than a year or two can do that with ease. If anything, I question whether guys like Dave Mathews and Mike McCready are ever NOT stoned on stage, resulting in them not being able to remember the riffs they're supposed to be playing. Ultimately, as long as you follow the general chord progression and keep up with the drummer's rhythm, you're good to go.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
That ain't true of Ryknow and like I said I can agree he is better technically than anyone from PJ, but he's not a better music creator...it's a different kind of talent, so yeah we can agree to disagree...that's cool.


Do a google search for "Mudvayne Time Signatures" and get back to me. When Ryan Martinie first joined the band, that's when the band took off and the reason for it is because of his ability to come up with incredibly unique time signatures, off beats and overall creativity. His immense talent and ability to play anything from finger playing to slap to chords to flamenco and tap just adds to his value and ranking as a musician.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArrowheadRage58


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 4254
Location: Hate for the Donkeys is at a mile high
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add that live improv was just an example, not the only other way musical talent can shine through....and I realize any musician can improv, but there are varying degrees of musical orgasms depending on how good you are. By the way, McCready makes no attempts at remembering the original riffs/leads...he is known for playing spontaneously and by feel. That's part of why they have such a huge following...people can crank the studio versions anytime they want, it's great going to a concert not knowing quite sure how it's gonna be played, but at the same time maintaining a high quality.

Also, maybe a better way to convey what i'm saying is to use the Beatles as an example, since i'm not a fan. Ryknow is more skilled at his instrument than any of them as well, but to say that he is more musically talented than any of them just wouldn't be right.
_________________
49ers Finest wrote:

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improvised guitar playing Tom Morrello > errbody else.

Straight guitar playing Carlos Santana

Under-rated guys on the new scene both from country music (strange I know)

Brad Paisley and Zac Brown
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ryknowssd


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Posts: 22815
Location: Awesomeville
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I just wanted to add that live improv was just an example, not the only other way musical talent can shine through....and I realize any musician can improv, but there are varying degrees of musical orgasms depending on how good you are. By the way, McCready makes no attempts at remembering the original riffs/leads...he is known for playing spontaneously and by feel. That's part of why they have such a huge following...people can crank the studio versions anytime they want, it's great going to a concert not knowing quite sure how it's gonna be played, but at the same time maintaining a high quality.

Also, maybe a better way to convey what i'm saying is to use the Beatles as an example, since i'm not a fan. Ryknow is more skilled at his instrument than any of them as well, but to say that he is more musically talented than any of them just wouldn't be right.


You're comparing alternative musicians to a metal artist. The difference in popularity from the general public is so huge that it's immeasurable. Your "but to say he's more musically talented than the beatles just wouldn't be right" is like saying any of the Pro Bowl snubs over the last 10 years aren't even close to being more talented than anyone who actually WENT to the Pro Bowl. You're referring to popularity, not talent.

If you want the most talented band ever who was also very popular, it's Rush. Easily. Hands down. Rush.
_________________

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DT58_lives_on


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 5789
Location: St. Cloud, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slappin' da bass...
_________________
[image]http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg481/jesse_fritsch1/DEEFORD2_zpsef1ad50c.jpg[image]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group