Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 NFL Fines: Ed Reed, Von Miller, Jason Babin, Browner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
So, they're just going to ignore Wheeler's cheap shot on Big Ben? Why am I not surprised?

I don't get it ? Why are you not surprised?

Let's be honest; the league will look the other way when it comes to a cheap shot to Ben.

First of all it wasn't a cheap shot Wheeler got pushed initially towards Ben and then Wheeler pulled back at the moment of contact that was above the ankle and not the knee,and of course Ben earned another oscar for his flop and rolling around on the grass crying in suppossed pain. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Those 20 pounds can make a difference people. Somehow Jennings looked stupid yet Browner cost his team 15 yards (I don't know if they threw a flag, enlighten me if they didn't). Who do you think will look dumber in the film room?

I also think that the refs missed the first (blind) shot from Browner.

So they only saw the scuffle between the two.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
to me it looks like jennings is come over to shove him and be like "**** *** **** **"

browner then tackles him..

idk how many here have played football but it's not really hard to tackle someone when they're running at you

imo, browner was trying to act like mr. tough guy and just came off looking like a tool

Personally I think it's quite the opposite -- Jennings got shoved to the ground, wanted to act tough and came back after BB and then got slammed again. If anyone looked like a tool, it was Jennings getting thrown/slammed to the ground twice.

he got blindsided Laughing

i've blindsided kids twice my size, it's not hard. they're not freaking looking..

jennings probably came at him like wtf man. and he tackles him again. just seems [inappropriate/removed]. it didn't even look like jennings was gonna fight him or anything. looked like he was just gonna give him a shove.

idk at least where i'm from, people don't really get props for cheap shots. we'd laugh if we blindsided a kid on kickoff, but if we just gave him a cheap shot for no reason, we would've gotten benched.

Blindsided?

LMAO.

No, just...no. You seem to be going out of your way to make excuses for Jennings. Im not say Browner is innocent, but to the vast majority, Jennongs got owned pretty hard there.

They both look like tools. though.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
So, they're just going to ignore Wheeler's cheap shot on Big Ben? Why am I not surprised?

Let's be honest; the league will look the other way when it comes to a cheap shot to Ben.

First of all it wasn't a cheap shot Wheeler got pushed initially towards Ben and then Wheeler pulled back at the moment of contact that was above the ankle and not the knee,and of course Ben earned another oscar for his flop and rolling around on the grass crying in suppossed pain. Laughing

Wheeler got pushed in Ben's direction, but he clearly crawled and dove into the back of Ben's leg. Im not saying it was definitely malicious, but its clear what he did.

And it doesnt take much force to injure an ankle. Wheelers shoulder pad hit it and Ben fell over.

Its hilarious...I keep hearing Raiders fans saying Steeler fans are making excuses for Mundy, yet many Raiders fans are making excuses from this and made excuses when that Richard Seymour sucker punched Ben last year.

Oh, the hypocrisy.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed_Wrench wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

What flop? Did you not see Ben's knee tweak? The same knee he has an injury issue with? Did you not see his ankle give out; the same one he's sprained twice in the last year?

Yes, definitely an Oscar flop. I guess you're also going to ignore Wheeler clearly moved towards Ben? Beachum didn't push him down nearly that hard Rolling Eyes
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I like Jennings a lot too -- especially his recent commercial Very Happy But, in this instance, he looked terrible trying to charge a much bigger guy and getting slammed. I can't fault him for the initial hit, but charging after Browner and getting slammed again is definitely a pride killer.

I'm sure it was difficult to face his wife when he got home because of this incident, must have been so embarrassed.

Or wait, he's not in the 8th grade anymore - therefore he doesn't care...

Putting words in my mouth yet again? Where did I say he was embarassed?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

I like Jennings a lot too -- especially his recent commercial Very Happy But, in this instance, he looked terrible trying to charge a much bigger guy and getting slammed. I can't fault him for the initial hit, but charging after Browner and getting slammed again is definitely a pride killer.

I'm sure it was difficult to face his wife when he got home because of this incident, must have been so embarrassed.

Or wait, he's not in the 8th grade anymore - therefore he doesn't care...

Putting words in my mouth yet again? Where did I say he was embarassed?

you said it was a pride killer...i dont how you hurt your pride without getting embarrassed in some way.

but anyways, it was like when a kid who gets bullied stands up and then gets beat up. its just sad. i would have loved if jennings just kicked him in the knee cap and bust his knee backwards.....that would have been nice.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: