Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CJ has proven just how useless and bad he really is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
You know after watching the game idk what the hell you guys are talking about. In this Detroit game he was not dancing or not running hard the offensive line is still moving nowhere and nobody's getting to the second level for him the battle was at the line of scrimmage every play. There were plays where we had wideouts attempting to block linebackers all 3 times were tackle's for loss. Chris Johnson isn't the problem any other running backs in the nfl get holes to run through. Two things i did notice was Chris runs much better with a fullback leading the way. Another is we ran no counter plays the hole game the front 7 would all swarm to one side of the ball and hit him at the line of scrimmage. His struggles are really do to how the plays are being drawn up with the combination of getting no blocking in front of him. Both of Johnson's big runs were because he bounced the ball back because the defense was being overly aggressive and not maintaining the back side edge.

Im glad somebody knows football and actually watches the Titans games.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obie09 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Also that first run in OT was cringe worthy. As soon as he received the toss, he cut the other way for no reason. It ended up going for a loss of 8. It was absolutely ugly.

The play was designed that way I'm pretty sure.

Based on... what exactly?
YoungLane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
You know after watching the game idk what the hell you guys are talking about. In this Detroit game he was not dancing or not running hard the offensive line is still moving nowhere and nobody's getting to the second level for him the battle was at the line of scrimmage every play. There were plays where we had wideouts attempting to block linebackers all 3 times were tackle's for loss. Chris Johnson isn't the problem any other running backs in the nfl get holes to run through. Two things i did notice was Chris runs much better with a fullback leading the way. Another is we ran no counter plays the hole game the front 7 would all swarm to one side of the ball and hit him at the line of scrimmage. His struggles are really do to how the plays are being drawn up with the combination of getting no blocking in front of him. Both of Johnson's big runs were because he bounced the ball back because the defense was being overly aggressive and not maintaining the back side edge.

Did you miss the part of the game where he dropped a pass in the open field? Or on the toss play where we ran lateral and backwards and lost 8 yards? Or when he had over-the-hill KVB one on one in the open field and didn't do jack? Any starting RB in the league could of made those two nice runs, but CJ isn't supposed to be just another back.

I am one of CJ's biggest fans and it hurts to even have this discussion. But I am a titans fan first and i realize now that he has turned into an average back and CJ is getting paid too much just to be average.
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungLane wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:

Did you miss the part of the game where he dropped a pass in the open field? Or on the toss play where we ran lateral and backwards and lost 8 yards? Or when he had over-the-hill KVB one on one in the open field and didn't do jack? Any starting RB in the league could of made those two nice runs, but CJ isn't supposed to be just another back.

I am one of CJ's biggest fans and it hurts to even have this discussion. But I am a titans fan first and i realize now that he has turned into an average back and CJ is getting paid too much just to be average.

Did u notice the backwards pass how there were 8 defensive players over there by the time he got back to the time he got to the line of scrimmage sorry the guy tried to make a play and lost a few more there was this guy named barry sanders who that happened to alot and people said the same thing about him how he would take plays off. And sorry are 190 pound running back got tackeled by a 275 pound defensive end one on one he obviously isn't running hard. He was running off tackle like the play was drawn up and kvb got an arm on him while chris was running by. It wasn't like it was one on one with nobody around for 10 yards chris did nothing wrong sorry he trusted his blocker to stay on his man. He had a few easy drops yes but if you guys watch the games its not chris hes the same player hes always been that was the first game i watched all year and you guys are seeing alot of bad blocking and poorly drawn up plays. Go back and watch the game rather than sitting there blaming every play on him
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
If he can't elude Kyle Vanden Bosche in the open field, he's not the same animal he was a couple years ago.

It was in no way an open field tackle chris was running off tackle like the play was drawn up and kvb got off his block and got an arm around him. Im assuming your talking about the play that was a drawn off the left tackle if i remember right thats not the open field and believe it or not some defensive players do make open field tackles Shocked
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not like your seeing chris ignore the hole or run into a linemen or dance around clear day light like you guys are making it sound hes making the right reads theres just nobody getting to the second level to free him up. Plays are designed in running plays to where they open the hole and one or two plays go up and hit the linebackers and you dont account for the back side line backer because the play should be past him by the time he reads it. The running lanes just aren't there guys i dont know what the hell you are looking at. Next week watch the texans run the ball and how you can fit a car through there holes and how they block are linebackers 3-4 yards past the line of scrimmage that's how running the football should look.
YoungLane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but prime CJ2k would've made kvb look silly on his way to a 20+ yard gain. Look, we all understand that the blocking sucks, but when he actually has a chance to make a play he just doesn't. I believe that he is playing hard but he isn't that same anymore. I would love for him to prove me wrong though...
s_camp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
Its not like your seeing chris ignore the hole or run into a linemen or dance around clear day light like you guys are making it sound hes making the right reads theres just nobody getting to the second level to free him up. Plays are designed in running plays to where they open the hole and one or two plays go up and hit the linebackers and you dont account for the back side line backer because the play should be past him by the time he reads it. The running lanes just aren't there guys i dont know what the hell you are looking at. Next week watch the texans run the ball and how you can fit a car through there holes and how they block are linebackers 3-4 yards past the line of scrimmage that's how running the football should look.

He either doesn't see them or he ignores them. Either way sucks.

I'll speak only for myself when I say that I'm just watching the games, but without CJ-tinted shades. The OL are blocking better than CJ is running.

Of course the Texans will be blocking brilliantly. It's what they do. If CJ needs that kind of blocking he should stop cashing his game checks.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local radio talked to a Houston reporter for his view from the outside looking in...

he said he talked to NFL scouts who say he something to the effect he is shuffling his feet too much, not taking what is there and dancing too much....

Nature has hit for him. He can't get the edge like he used too and doesn't have the explosion he used too.... He is still fast just not lighting fast and quick like he was...
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans_31 wrote:
Ockham wrote:
If he can't elude Kyle Vanden Bosche in the open field, he's not the same animal he was a couple years ago.

It was in no way an open field tackle chris was running off tackle like the play was drawn up and kvb got off his block and got an arm around him. Im assuming your talking about the play that was a drawn off the left tackle if i remember right thats not the open field and believe it or not some defensive players do make open field tackles Shocked

I'm talking about the play where CJ breaks left. Nobody there except Vanden Bosch. All he has to do is beat him to corner for big gain. He decides he can't, tries to go inside and gets tackled for short loss.

Not sure, but this might have been play:

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Last edited by Ockham on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in no way saying CJ is the same monster he was 3 years ago or saying he is in no way responsible for his struggles but he is averages a half a yard a carry before contact... Some due to him shuffling or looking for the cut back. But I'm going to say more due to constant defenders in the back field as soon as he touches the ball.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ockham wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
Ockham wrote:

I'm talking about the play where CJ breaks left. Nobody there except Vanden Bosch. All he has to do is beat him to corner for big gain. He decides he can't, tries to go inside and gets tackled for short loss.

Not sure, but this might have been play:

No, on that play he gets to the edge and picks up a first down.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
codybill69

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got paid and doesn't care anymore.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codybill69 wrote:

Ala Albert Haynesworth?

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
s_camp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codybill69 wrote:

His decline started before he signed his current contract.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: