Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Michigan Wolverines Thread V6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49892
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
buno67 wrote:
1King wrote:
buno67 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
Notre Dame is canceling the series after the 2014 game. I wonder if Michigan will try to create a new annual game or if they will shuffle it up. Would be cool to see some home and homes with teams across the country.


What is funny is who they did not cancel with. They could have with a couple other teams the same way. Shows you who they are more afraid to face down the line IMO


ND isn't afraid to face anyone. They have faced some tough schedules in past years. Like this year, face MSU Michigan, Miami, Stanford, Oklahoma, Pitt, BC, and USC. That's pretty damn tough. They go undefeated they will play for the national championship!

What teams are you complaining about keeping? They will keep Stanford and USC so they can play on the WCO yearly also USC is a great rivalry (1926) Navy will always be kept cause its a Great rivalry (1914)
Purdue and Notre Dame has been playing since b1946

Notre Dame Michigan play in the early 1900s but stop and re picked up the match up in 1978 and had a couple seasons here or there where they didn't play

So Notre Dame is keeping its more important rivalry games and creating space for its new ACC line up. Don't be thumpin ur chest like Notre Dame is afraid to face Michigan


You list Pitt and BC like they are actually good teams. Laughing

Anyone that goes undefeated will play for a national championship provided you have even a decent schedule.

Michigan-ND > Purdue-ND

They opted out of the contract and instead of scheduling us, they are now playing NW and some scrub ACC teams. You can draw your own conclusions, but given the facts, saying "ND is scared of Michigan" isn't completely off the wall (though it isn't the whole story).


im just saying when Pitt and BC are considered the easy games on ur schedule you have one hell of a schedule.

Purdue-ND is a bigger rivalry than Michigan ND IMO. Its their big inner state game. Purdue ND is your MSU-UM. ND has to keep Purdue, they dont have to keep Michigan.

Well they have to have the Scrub ACC teams because of their stupid little deal


This is just absurd. When Notre Dame is elite, they put a yearly drubbing on Purdue, as evidenced when Holtz went 11-0 against them. In terms of importance, it's probably the fourth or fifth biggest rivalry for Notre Dame, out of their 600 annual rivalry games.


Thank goodness someone else saw how nuts that statement was. That would be like saying UM needs to keep Central Michigan on their schedule
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 31180
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
buno67 wrote:
1King wrote:
buno67 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
Notre Dame is canceling the series after the 2014 game. I wonder if Michigan will try to create a new annual game or if they will shuffle it up. Would be cool to see some home and homes with teams across the country.


What is funny is who they did not cancel with. They could have with a couple other teams the same way. Shows you who they are more afraid to face down the line IMO


ND isn't afraid to face anyone. They have faced some tough schedules in past years. Like this year, face MSU Michigan, Miami, Stanford, Oklahoma, Pitt, BC, and USC. That's pretty damn tough. They go undefeated they will play for the national championship!

What teams are you complaining about keeping? They will keep Stanford and USC so they can play on the WCO yearly also USC is a great rivalry (1926) Navy will always be kept cause its a Great rivalry (1914)
Purdue and Notre Dame has been playing since b1946

Notre Dame Michigan play in the early 1900s but stop and re picked up the match up in 1978 and had a couple seasons here or there where they didn't play

So Notre Dame is keeping its more important rivalry games and creating space for its new ACC line up. Don't be thumpin ur chest like Notre Dame is afraid to face Michigan


You list Pitt and BC like they are actually good teams. Laughing

Anyone that goes undefeated will play for a national championship provided you have even a decent schedule.

Michigan-ND > Purdue-ND

They opted out of the contract and instead of scheduling us, they are now playing NW and some scrub ACC teams. You can draw your own conclusions, but given the facts, saying "ND is scared of Michigan" isn't completely off the wall (though it isn't the whole story).


im just saying when Pitt and BC are considered the easy games on ur schedule you have one hell of a schedule.

Purdue-ND is a bigger rivalry than Michigan ND IMO. Its their big inner state game. Purdue ND is your MSU-UM. ND has to keep Purdue, they dont have to keep Michigan.

Well they have to have the Scrub ACC teams because of their stupid little deal


This is just absurd. When Notre Dame is elite, they put a yearly drubbing on Purdue, as evidenced when Holtz went 11-0 against them. In terms of importance, it's probably the fourth or fifth biggest rivalry for Notre Dame, out of their 600 annual rivalry games.


Thank goodness someone else saw how nuts that statement was. That would be like saying UM needs to keep Central Michigan on their schedule


its not like Michigan has been playing central Michigan since since 1946 or is one of their biggest rivalries and battle for the Shillelagh Trophy. Im sorry if I think Notre Dame and Purdue is a bigger rivalry than Notre Dame Michigan. Notre Dame and Purdue have more history, in he same state. ND Purdue is MSU Michigan IMO

im sorry GoldChild's logic of why play Purdue because we beat them when were elite is dumb. Would you cancel the Navy/ND game??? nope but ND leads the all-time series 72-12-1
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JETS2005


Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Posts: 3616
Location: Atlanta
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was pretty cool

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1349321-big-ten-football-8-recruits-wholl-quickly-revitalize-downtrodden-conference
_________________
Quote:
didnt you know, that once you cross north of the Tennesse boarder, your 40time automatically drops .05 of a second lol
--buno67
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its not like Michigan has been playing central Michigan since since 1946 or is one of their biggest rivalries and battle for the Shillelagh Trophy. Im sorry if I think Notre Dame and Purdue is a bigger rivalry than Notre Dame Michigan. Notre Dame and Purdue have more history, in he same state. ND Purdue is MSU Michigan IMO

im sorry GoldChild's logic of why play Purdue because we beat them when were elite is dumb. Would you cancel the Navy/ND game??? nope but ND leads the all-time series 72-12-1


an actual ND fan came in and said ND-Purdue isn't that big of a rivalry and yet you think you know more?

We play Minnesota more than ND, but MICH-ND is still a bigger rivalry than MICH-MINN.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvh1827


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 1066
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me some info on the remaining 2013 prospects we're targeting and who we may take?

2014?
_________________

Thanks to PB87 for the sig

Chargers, Clippers, Dodgers, Wolverines
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvh1827 wrote:
Can anyone give me some info on the remaining 2013 prospects we're targeting and who we may take?

2014?


2013:

4/5* WR LaQuon (SP?) Treadwell
4/5* RB Derrick Green
4/5* DB Leon McQuay

2014:

I'll post later.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49892
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan defense has been amazing past couple games.

57 net yards rushing allowed today on 26 rushes.

94 on 30 last week.


3 yards or less per carry is good considering how bad run D got thrashed early in year.

Mattison is a very underrated coach. Has adjusted and it is obvious
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denard ran for 235 yards. Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49892
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Denard ran for 235 yards. Shocked


Yea seems like Borges waited until Big Ten play to let Denard be Denard.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvh1827


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 1066
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
jvh1827 wrote:
Can anyone give me some info on the remaining 2013 prospects we're targeting and who we may take?

2014?


2013:

4/5* WR LaQuon (SP?) Treadwell
4/5* RB Derrick Green
4/5* DB Leon McQuay

2014:

I'll post later.


Thanks. What're the chances we land any of the '13 guys? I've heard all sorts of things about the interest levels of Treadwell and Green in us and about our interest level in McQuay. Granted most of it is from friends, but still not sure where we stand with these three.
_________________

Thanks to PB87 for the sig

Chargers, Clippers, Dodgers, Wolverines
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34304
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jvh1827 wrote:
1King wrote:
jvh1827 wrote:
Can anyone give me some info on the remaining 2013 prospects we're targeting and who we may take?

2014?


2013:

4/5* WR LaQuon (SP?) Treadwell
4/5* RB Derrick Green
4/5* DB Leon McQuay

2014:

I'll post later.


Thanks. What're the chances we land any of the '13 guys? I've heard all sorts of things about the interest levels of Treadwell and Green in us and about our interest level in McQuay. Granted most of it is from friends, but still not sure where we stand with these three.


No clue on Treadwell, we have as good a shot as anyone though. Also considering OU, Florida, Ole Miss, possibly a few others.

McQuay, he visits for the NW game. We are in his top 4 right now, but are probably #3 or 4, still plenty of time to move up with him though. Battling with USC (presumed leader if he has one, but are also full or close to full), Vandy, FSU, and Oregon.

Top 6 for Green, realistically top 2 or 3. Auburn and Tennessee appear to be toughest competition. Auburn is something like 1-4 now so we should hope they (and Tennessee) continue to lose. He is visiting for the MSU game. Said he will decide whenever he is ready between now and NSD. Also considering Ole Miss, VT, and Oregon.

I'll touch on 2014 some time tomorrow probably.
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jvh1827


Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 1066
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
jvh1827 wrote:
1King wrote:
jvh1827 wrote:
Can anyone give me some info on the remaining 2013 prospects we're targeting and who we may take?

2014?


2013:

4/5* WR LaQuon (SP?) Treadwell
4/5* RB Derrick Green
4/5* DB Leon McQuay

2014:

I'll post later.


Thanks. What're the chances we land any of the '13 guys? I've heard all sorts of things about the interest levels of Treadwell and Green in us and about our interest level in McQuay. Granted most of it is from friends, but still not sure where we stand with these three.


No clue on Treadwell, we have as good a shot as anyone though. Also considering OU, Florida, Ole Miss, possibly a few others.

McQuay, he visits for the NW game. We are in his top 4 right now, but are probably #3 or 4, still plenty of time to move up with him though. Battling with USC (presumed leader if he has one, but are also full or close to full), Vandy, FSU, and Oregon.

Top 6 for Green, realistically top 2 or 3. Auburn and Tennessee appear to be toughest competition. Auburn is something like 1-4 now so we should hope they (and Tennessee) continue to lose. He is visiting for the MSU game. Said he will decide whenever he is ready between now and NSD. Also considering Ole Miss, VT, and Oregon.

I'll touch on 2014 some time tomorrow probably.


Appreciate it.
_________________

Thanks to PB87 for the sig

Chargers, Clippers, Dodgers, Wolverines
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
bigc421


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2450
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it sucks to see scum bag meyer winning at the school down south we are sittin pretty to win the division. If this defense can continue to play at this level and alow denard and borges to manage games and not feel the need to press things i really think this team can run the table and play in a rose bowl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbllstr22


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 6349
Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to the back up quarterback's tweet a few days ago from Ohio...
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3r8tid/
_________________
Reggie Wayne for HOF
Career---------968 receptions (10th), 13063 yards (14th), 78 TDs (24th)
Playoffs--------92 receptions (2nd), 1242 yards (4th), 9 TDs (7th)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group