Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Agreed. I really like Keenan Allen alot. He'd have alot better stats, if he had a decent QB. He and Terrance Williams of Baylor, are my two favorites in this draft class, although I'm very high on Justin Hunter of Tennessee, as well. I'd be more than satisfied with any of those three.

Yea, for me it goes Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, then Robert Woods. I don't think Terrance Williams is on their level to be honest.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Agreed. I really like Keenan Allen alot. He'd have alot better stats, if he had a decent QB. He and Terrance Williams of Baylor, are my two favorites in this draft class, although I'm very high on Justin Hunter of Tennessee, as well. I'd be more than satisfied with any of those three.

Yea, for me it goes Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, then Robert Woods. I don't think Terrance Williams is on their level to be honest.

Those are my top 3 also. Would be more than happy with any of them.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Like most USC receivers, Woods is a great college guy, but in recent years, they just don't seem to reach the elite level in the NFL. Call it bias, but I'm not too keen on USC receivers. I think Williams is being totally overlooked.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Like most USC receivers, Woods is a great college guy, but in recent years, they just don't seem to reach the elite level in the NFL. Call it bias, but I'm not too keen on USC receivers. I think Williams is being totally overlooked.

I think it's really unfair to dismiss a prospect due to bias in the college they play for. Woods is an elite prospect no matter how you shake it, though he's not even the best receiver on his team.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

I think it's really unfair to dismiss a prospect due to bias in the college they play for. Woods is an elite prospect no matter how you shake it, though he's not even the best receiver on his team.

I'm not saying he isn't a first rounder, I just think he has a higher bust factor than the other guys I mentioned. To me, he just doesn't look like a #1 receiver. I'm not saying he'll be a total wash out in the NFL, I just think he's closer to a Roy Williams, than he is a Calvin Johnson. Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I see. I really believe Terrance Williams, can be a Brandon Marshall type guy. It's just a difference of opinion. Scouting isn't an exact science.
It's not the only difference we'll have. I have Tyler Bray as my #1 QB prospect, ahead of Barkley. Laughing I'm serious.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Thomas = Clay Matthews 2.0

Crazy good game against USC. I think this guy could work his way into the early 2nd maybe a 1st.

Sos thoughts....
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched him enough to make an evaluation to be honest, and didn't get a chance to catch tonights game.

However, I have pretty much already reserved that title for Ohio States DE John Simon.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if any of you have gotten a chance to see UCLA play this year, but they have a redshirt Freshman QB starting named Brett Hundley. This may be one of the best freshman QB's I have seen in the last 10 years. He has good size, is extremely accurate and has touch on his throws that are comparable to Matt Barkley. He also displays pretty good arm strength, he is extremely mobile in the pocket and he shows great pocket presence and poise. I can't believe this kid is a freshman. As a UCLA fan, I'm gonna have fun watching this kid develop. I believe he's gona be something special. I really, really like this kid.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to see Baylor vs. West Virginia today. Wow, what a wild game. Admittedly, almost all of my attention was on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, who I believe is the best WR in the nation. He didn't disappoint me today. He had a HUGE day in a 70-63 loss. He caught 17 balls for 314 yards and 2 touchdowns with a long catch of 50 yards and an average of 18.5 yards per catch. The amazing thing was that he faced a lot of double teams and still was able to do what he did. Yes, the Volunteers have a terrible defense, but c'mon...... When is the last time you saw a receiver dominate like that? He has good size, great speed, very good hands and solid body control. He is the type of WR that can make plays, even when double covered. That is definitely what we need.

I also have to admit that Geno Smith might be one of the best QB's in the country. He had a record setting day for West Virginia, tossing 8 TD's and throwing for over 600 yards. He is in one of the most gimmicky offenses in the country, but right now, he has 20 touchdowns and 0 INT's for the season. That's no fluke. He is crazy accurate. He looks completely different than the QB I saw a year ago. He's made great strides. Despite the system he is in, I see him as a top 10 pick, maybe a lot higher than that.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno is the best QB in the country. No doubt in my mind.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Geno is the best QB in the country. No doubt in my mind.

I would not be a bit surprised, if he ended up being the #1 overall pick.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Admittedly, almost all of my attention was on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, who I believe is the best WR in the nation. He didn't disappoint me today. He had a HUGE day in a 70-63 loss. He caught 17 balls for 314 yards and 2 touchdowns with a long catch of 50 yards and an average of 18.5 yards per catch. The amazing thing was that he faced a lot of double teams and still was able to do what he did. Yes, the Volunteers have a terrible defense, but c'mon...... When is the last time you saw a receiver dominate like that?

... When Stedman Bailey caught 13 balls for 303 yards and FIVE TOUCHDOWNS in the same game... Laughing Wink

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Admittedly, almost all of my attention was on Baylor WR Terrance Williams, who I believe is the best WR in the nation. He didn't disappoint me today. He had a HUGE day in a 70-63 loss. He caught 17 balls for 314 yards and 2 touchdowns with a long catch of 50 yards and an average of 18.5 yards per catch. The amazing thing was that he faced a lot of double teams and still was able to do what he did. Yes, the Volunteers have a terrible defense, but c'mon...... When is the last time you saw a receiver dominate like that?

... When Stedman Bailey caught 13 balls for 303 yards and FIVE TOUCHDOWNS in the same game... Laughing Wink

hahaha Laughing

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

That isn't surprising. I can explain much of the Volunteers aerial production in two words....... Dana Holgorson. Just look at the type of offenses the guy has run over the years, no matter where he's at. They are completely pass happy. The other part can simply be explained by the stats. Baylor ranked #113 out of 120 teams in pass defense, before the game started. At times it seemed as if the entire Baylor secondary was huddled up on one side of the field, while the West Virginia receivers were running free on the other side of the field. The Bears were allowing an average of 315 passing yards a game. By the start of the next game, they should be ranked dead last. That is undoubtedly, the worst secondary I have seen in years! Bailey was running free on most plays, while Williams was facing a lot of double teams.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I haven't watched him enough to make an evaluation to be honest, and didn't get a chance to catch tonights game.

However, I have pretty much already reserved that title for Ohio States DE John Simon.

If John Simon is Clay Matthews 2.0, what is Jarvis Jones? That guy is a BEAST!

I'm also a huge fan of Anthony Barr of UCLA. He is disruptive in all facets of the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: