Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Seahawks Talk! V.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seaducks wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
seaducks wrote:
anyone watch the new south park?

Unfortunately I missed it, was it good?

yes it was, made fun of how the NFL is going into safety mode and got a nice cheap shot in on the replacement refs

The whole "Butter's creamy goo", made me wanna throw up. Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I see it online?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I don't know, but Comedy Central is replaying the episode on Sunday at 11:00 p.m. EST.
seaducks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

www.allsp.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im probably going to move to Seattle when i graduate what are the good and bad parts of town or any other suggestions would be nice

WINTER IS COMING
hdshot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
im probably going to move to Seattle when i graduate what are the good and bad parts of town or any other suggestions would be nice

Depends on how much you can spend on rent. I know people who live in Interbay, Kent, Everet. I will have to ask more when I see them again.

Look at craigslist for rent ads and browse. Might want to get a map of the other towns around Seattle.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:

Greenlake is a nice area. U District is also a great area to live in and would be good for someone your age.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

Depends on how much you can spend on rent. I know people who live in Interbay, Kent, Everet. I will have to ask more when I see them again.

Look at craigslist for rent ads and browse. Might want to get a map of the other towns around Seattle.

I lived in new castle when i was little and ive never lived in a city so id like to be either downtown or at least really close

WINTER IS COMING
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember what the trade was for him.. Tarvaris Jackson?

Quote:
That assumption might have been correct, but it doesnít look like Jacksonís going to be providing that upgrade this season. Jackson has been ensconced as the third-stringer behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and Thigpen since arriving in Buffalo and coach Chan Gailey says that he expects Jackson will remain in that role for the rest of the year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/tarvaris-jackson-expected-to-remain-no-3-all-season/

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
I can't remember what the trade was for him.. Tarvaris Jackson?

Quote:
That assumption might have been correct, but it doesnít look like Jacksonís going to be providing that upgrade this season. Jackson has been ensconced as the third-stringer behind Ryan Fitzpatrick and Thigpen since arriving in Buffalo and coach Chan Gailey says that he expects Jackson will remain in that role for the rest of the year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/tarvaris-jackson-expected-to-remain-no-3-all-season/

First we drastically overpay for Charlie Whitehurst, who is horrible. Then we bring in Tarvaris Jackson to be our starter and he's so awful, we ship him to Buffalo where he can't even beat out Tyler Thigpen for their backup job. Then we spend a relatively high draft pick on a 5'10" rookie QB and make him our starter. He comes in and promptly post a pathetic 30.4 QB rating after 4 games. Is it just me or are most fans really beginning to question the ability of John Schneider and Pete Carroll, when it comes to evaluating potential NFL QB's?

Things that make you go, hmmmmm.......

Shazor4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what would you have done Osprey regarding the QB situation each year?

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

First we drastically overpay for Charlie Whitehurst, who is horrible. Then we bring in Tarvaris Jackson to be our starter and he's so awful, we ship him to Buffalo where he can't even beat out Tyler Thigpen for their backup job. Then we spend a relatively high draft pick on a 5'10" rookie QB and make him our starter. He comes in and promptly post a pathetic 30.4 QB rating after 4 games. Is it just me or are most fans really beginning to question the ability of John Schneider and Pete Carroll, when it comes to evaluating potential NFL QB's?

Do you think Wilson is really doing that horribly?

I think he's doing relatively well for being a Rookie QB....

Like 'Plush' posted in the H.I.T Thread, Wilson's numbers are close to guys like Hasselbeck, Zorn, Krieg in their first four games..

Plush wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Carroll-%E2%80%98It%E2%80%99s-not-just-one-guy%E2%80%99/0acffcf7-d024-42f5-97f4-d261bd673d26

"The Seahawks rank last in the NFL in passing offense, but Russell Wilsonís statistics are comparable to and even better than those compiled by the best quarterbacks in franchise history during their first four starts."

Wilson: Att-100, Comp-60, Pct-.600, Yds-594, TD-4, INT-4, QB Rating-73.5, W/L 2-2

Zorn: Att-141, Comp-65, Pct-.461, Yds-831, TD-5, INT-7, QB Rating-56.1, W/L 0-4

Krieg: Att-125, Comp-74, Pct-.592, Yds-892, TD-6, INT-5, QB Rating-80.4, W/L 2-2

Hass: Att-114, Comp-59, Pct-.517, Yds-637, TD-2, INT-3, QB Rating-63.3, W/L 2-2

We could EASILY be 4-0 with Wilson as our starting QB right now if it weren't for the TEAM making mistakes, and horrible play calling from the COORDINATORS..

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
oland11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is SaveOurSonics SOS?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
So is SaveOurSonics SOS?

This is he. How can I help you?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
So what would you have done Osprey regarding the QB situation each year?

For one, I would have offered No More than a 4th rounder, straight up for Charlie Whitehurst. I said that when the trade was made. If the Chargers wouldn't have bitten, I would move on. If I couldn't land Whitehurst for a 4th, I would have either gotten Jason Campbell or Byron Leftwich as a short term solution. I would not have matched the offer the Titans gave to Hasselbeck, when his contract ended. Admittedly, the first two years might have been a bit bumpy, but I'd still have rather had Campbell or Leftwich over what we had in Jackson.

As for the last offseason, this is where things would have started looking up at the QB spot, if I ran the show. I made it no secret how much I loved Andrew Luck. I said it all along that I would have offered the Colts a 1st round pick in 2012, 2013 and 2014 and if I had to, I would have offered a pick in 2015. I know alot of people think I'm crazy for offering this much, but I said it before and I truly believe it. Andrew Luck is gonna be one of the best QB's in NFL history. QB is a position that teams must have a good player at, if they wanna succeed and it is a position that you have to overpay for in one way or another. I have always been a big believer in trading down 90% of the time, but when you see a franchise player at such an important position of need, you gotta do whatever you have to do, to secure that player.

You may not like my answer, but this is honestly, what I would have done differently.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 3 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 21 of 70

Jump to: