Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Typical FF post...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
It's hard to watch this Illinois defense. They're soooooo bad.

Still really want to see Jonathan Brown play tho…he reminds me of Jon Beason coming out.
That's a pretty rich comparison. He's got a long way to go before he should be mentioned as a potential 1st rounder.

Not really…Beason’s production in college was minimal…he only really became a 1st round prospect in the offseason before the draft…Brown has plenty of production and shows the same kind of natural athleticism & instincts.
So every above average athletic college LB will be the next Beason? He's a mid rounder at best right now. He's playing like any other LB. Not impressive at all. Did he get hurt today or just benched?

Obviously not…but Brown isn’t just “any other LB”…last season he had 19.5 TFL & 6 sacks…not many LBs had that kind of production.
Big 10 production and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. Wink

As much as the big ten isn’t good right now it also isn’t terrible…that kind of production can’t be overlooked.
I hear you. Those are really good #s, but it can be overlooked. Especially when Brown is healthy standing on the sideline. I appears he got benched.

Well it shouldn’t be overlooked…also I would wait to hear more about Brown…I doubt he has been benched unless he has picked up an injury.
It should be overlooked if it's the reason you're consider him a Beason type prospect. Watching him play he definitely isn't.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
It should be overlooked if it's the reason you're consider him a Beason type prospect. Watching him play he definitely isn't.

Beason didn’t look anywhere near the player he is now in college…it’s a projection…both guys have similar skill sets coming out…no one knows if Brown will continue to develop the way Beason did but skill set wise he has the opportunity too.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Beason didn’t look anywhere near the player he is now in college…it’s a projection…both guys have similar skill sets coming out…no one knows if Brown will continue to develop the way Beason did but skill set wise he has the opportunity too.
Yes Beason did. I'm not sure why you're trying to say he wasn't. Beason was one of the best LBs in college when he came out. Brown is the now backup LB who coaches don't feel he's a top 3 LB on his team and he's definitely not the top LB prospect in this game.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Yes Beason did. I'm not sure why you're trying to say he wasn't. Beason was one of the best LBs in college when he came out. Brown is the now backup LB who coaches don't feel he's a top 3 LB on his team and he's definitely not the top LB prospect in this game.

No Beason didn’t…his total college production was 187 tackles, 3.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception and three pass break ups in 38 games…that isn’t the production of one of the best LBs in college at any time…he was a solid player who showed up big in the offseason before the draft…and again have you heard for sure that Brown has been demoted or are you just assuming?
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

No Beason didn’t…his total college production was 187 tackles, 3.5 sacks, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, one interception and three pass break ups in 38 games…that isn’t the production of one of the best LBs in college at any time…he was a solid player who showed up big in the offseason before the draft…and again have you heard for sure that Brown has been demoted or are you just assuming?
Was Colt Brennan a #1 overall pick to you? Did you look at his production? Rolling Eyes Stop looking at the box score and watch these kids play.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Was Colt Brennan a #1 overall pick to you? Did you look at his production? Rolling Eyes Spot looking at the box score and watch these kids play.

This statement from the man who questions Big Ten production…

I watched Beason in college…he was a solid player…nothing more…his play on the field marries up with his stats…you can’t overlook either what you see or their stats if you want to get an accurate opinion…I think you are looking more at what Beason is than what he was…hindsight is a wonderful thing.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Was Colt Brennan a #1 overall pick to you? Did you look at his production? Rolling Eyes Spot looking at the box score and watch these kids play.

I watched Beason in college…he was a solid player…nothing more…his play on the field marries up with his stats…you can’t overlook either what you see or their stats if you want to get an accurate opinion…I think you are looking more at what Beason is than what he was…hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I watched a lot of Beason since I live in FL. I think this is the typical MM90 "I read about this guy on a draft site so Im gonna make up a scouting report even though I have no idea what I'm talking about" post. This is your usual Dwight Jones Justin Boren nonsense.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I watched a lot of Beason since I live in FL. I think this is the typical MM90 "I read about this guy on a draft site so Im gonna make up a scouting report even though I have no idea what I'm talking about" post. This is your usual Dwight Jones Justin Boren nonsense.

To be honest I couldn’t care less what you think…you can take my opinion for whatever you will…at least I have an opinion instead of just constantly telling people their wrong but providing absolutely nothing to back it up.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

To be honest I couldn’t care less what you think…you can take my opinion for whatever you will…at least I have an opinion instead of just constantly telling people their wrong but providing absolutely nothing to back it up.
I have an opinion too. We both have opinions. You think the backup MLB for Illinois is a potential NFL pro bowler. I dont. We'll see I guess.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

I have an opinion too. We both have opinions. You think the backup MLB for Illinois is a potential NFL pro bowler. I dont. We'll see I guess.

Ok draft guru give us some of your thoughts about players around the country.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:

Laughing
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

I doubt anyone will be surprised by this response.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

Ok here's a good one for you. Arkansas isn't very good.

I'm not gonna post about players just to get into a pissing contest with you. You like being a know it all and that's fine. Just know that you don't actually know it all.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

I'm not gonna post about players just to get into a pissing contest with you. You like being a know it all and that's fine. Just know that you don't actually know it all.

Like I said I doubt the fact you won’t actually put an opinion in hard copy will surprise anyone…I have never proclaimed to know it all…I have never forced my opinion on anyone and everyone can take it for what they will…but if you’re going to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about let’s see you put an opinion out there and back it up…rather than looking at things in hindsight.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Laughing

Like I said I doubt the fact you won’t actually put an opinion in hard copy will surprise anyone…I have never proclaimed to know it all…I have never forced my opinion on anyone and everyone can take it for what they will…but if you’re going to tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about let’s see you put an opinion out there and back it up…rather than looking at things in hindsight.
Me saying that Brown isn't playing like a potential first round pick is hindsight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: