Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fantasy Question - Cut Ben Tate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGahee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Fantasy Question - Cut Ben Tate? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've run into a bench problem in fantasy and I need to cut one of Ben Tate or Steven Jackson.

I'm leaning towards cutting Jackson since I like Ben Tate's potential if Foster goes down, but I don't want to hold a roster spot for potential. Can you guys offer any more insight into Tate's role or is he just a 20% of the carries type guy/insurance if Foster goes down.
dsorc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Question - Cut Ben Tate? Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
Hey guys, I've run into a bench problem in fantasy and I need to cut one of Ben Tate or Steven Jackson.

I'm leaning towards cutting Jackson since I like Ben Tate's potential if Foster goes down, but I don't want to hold a roster spot for potential. Can you guys offer any more insight into Tate's role or is he just a 20% of the carries type guy/insurance if Foster goes down.

Right now Tate is in a time share getting about 20-40% of the carries depending on the game. He is unlikely to get more carries than that unless Foster gets hurt. Foster is also the better red zone back but neither is being used as a goal line back. So between Tate and Jackson, you cut Ben Tate.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Fantasy Question - Cut Ben Tate? Reply with quote

dsorc wrote:
McGahee wrote:

Right now Tate is in a time share getting about 20-40% of the carries depending on the game. He is unlikely to get more carries than that unless Foster gets hurt. Foster is also the better red zone back but neither is being used as a goal line back. So between Tate and Jackson, you cut Ben Tate.

id say cut tate too, but i thought i heard somewhere that Jackson is hurt, if this isnt true then Keep him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know guys, Arians already at 79 carries through 3 games, we can't keep him at the pace an hope to have him in top form for the playoffs, like he was last year. I think we start giving Tate more carries as long has he holds on to the ball, but between Jackson and Tate id keep Jackson.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tate will be used more because we've run Arian more than we wanted.
He is also still likely better than anyone you could get.
If Arian get's injured he is a top 10-15 back.

With that said Jackson when healthy is a workhorse 10-15 back.

You should probably have better options to drop than them.

#JDI
McGahee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB Brees, Roethlisberger
RB Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Ben Tate, Andre Brown, Mikell Leshoure, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson
WR Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Marshall, Stevie Johnson
TE Gronkowski
K Gould

10 team 0.5ppr league

I dropped my defense last week (Lions) to pick up Leshoure on waivers so I could delay this decision or make a trade.

Wasn't able to and I need a defense for tomorrow.. this is my situation
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGahee wrote:
QB Brees, Roethlisberger
RB Doug Martin, Steven Jackson, Ben Tate, Andre Brown, Mikell Leshoure, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson
WR Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Brandon Marshall, Stevie Johnson
TE Gronkowski
K Gould

10 team 0.5ppr league

I dropped my defense last week (Lions) to pick up Leshoure on waivers so I could delay this decision or make a trade.

Wasn't able to and I need a defense for tomorrow.. this is my situation

I'd drop Brown or Fred Jackson before I dropped Tate or Steven Jackson. That's just me, however.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: