Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Tracking Ryan Tannehill Reply with quote

Miami Dolphins @ Houston Texans: LOSS 10-30
20/36 219YDS, 55.6% 6.08AVG
3INT, 39.0PR

Miami Dolphins vs Oakland Raiders: WIN 35-13
18/30 200YDS, 60.0% 6.67AVG
1TD 1RTD, 91.0PR

Miami Dolphins vs New York Jets: OT LOSS 20-23
16/36 196YDS, 44.4% 5.44AVG
1INT, 50.2PR

Miami Dolphins @ Arizona Cardinals: OT LOSS 21-24
26/41 431YDS, 63.4% 10.51AVG
1TD 2INT, 86.5PR

Miami Dolphins @ Cincinnati Bengals: WIN 17-13
17/26 223YDS, 65.4% 8.58AVG
92.3PR

Miami Dolphins vs St. Louis Rams: WIN 17-14
21/29 185YDS, 72.4% 6.38AVG
2TD, 112.0PR

Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets: WIN 30-9
2/5 18YDS, 40.0% 3.60AVG
50.4PR

Miami Dolphins @ Indianapolis Colts: LOSS 20-23
22/38 290YDS, 57.9% 7.63AVG
1TD, 90.9PR

Miami Dolphins vs Tennessee Titans: LOSS 3-37
23/39 217YDS, 59.0% 5.56 AVG
3INT, 42.4PR

Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills: LOSS 14-19
14/28 141YDS, 50.0% 5.04AVG
1TD 2INT, 46.9PR

Miami Dolphins vs Seattle Seahawks: WIN 24-21
18/26 253YDS, 69.2% 9.73AVG
1TD 1INT, 97.1PR

Miami Dolphins vs New England Patriots: LOSS 13-23
13/29 186YDS, 44.8% 6.41AVG
1RTD, 66.2PR

Miami Dolphins @ San Francisco 49ers: LOSS 13-27
17/33 150YDS, 51.5% 4.55AVG
1TD, 74.0PR

Miami Dolphins vs Jacksonville Jaguars: Win 24-3
22/28 220YDS, 78.6% 7.86AVG
2TD, 123.2PR

Miami Dolphins vs Buffalo Bills: Win 24-10
13/25 130YDS, 52.0% 5.20AVG
2TD, 93.8PR

Miami Dolphins @ New England Patriots: Loss 0-28
20/35 235YDS, 57.1% 6.71AVG
1INT, 65.8PR

Season Stats: 7-8
282/484 3294YDS, 58.3% 6.81AVG
12TD 2RTD 13INT, 76.1PR

This thread is all about Ryan Tannehill, his progressions, failures, and expectations to come.
I will be updating this regularly.

Last edited by WaterBear56 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 21 times in total
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea for a thread! This will be very handy to track his stats.

I don't think the Dolphins are going after another QB anytime soon now that Tannehill is here. He may or may not be here in 10 years but as far as Ireland and Philbin are concerned, yeah, he's the only shot they're going to get. We have a collection of good players, a relatively clear picture of what we want the team to be, a nice idea of what pieces we're lacking, a QB that seems to have a lot of potential and coaches who seem to know what they're doing.

I'd say we're finally heading in a comfortable direction.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One particular thing I have noticed is his small Y/A. He doesn't seem to throw it deep at all and considering Fasano's stats it's pretty obvious he is his go to guy. Hartline nor Bess can keep up with true number one corners which limits his downfield options and Armstrong/Naanee/Clay don't seem to be getting open at all. Also since we lack any true deep threats the safeties keep playing close to the linebackers limiting big runs and limiting space for our receivers. We seem to be trapped and we need a legitimate third WR option for Tannehill if we wan't to see more yards and a larger Y/A. This should lead to more TD's, which leads to more wins, which is is why Y/A is correlated to winning games.

Last edited by WaterBear56 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
patdt13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Ryan Tannehill / Tanny / Tan Tan / The Tanchise / RT17.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I have seen so far. If he continues to progress we could have a very good QB in Miami once again. He needs weapons and protection, but I like what I have seen.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see more downfield passes.

Great idea for a thread btw.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about Flacco and how he is starting to become an elite QB. I think the same thing is going to happen here. I think Tanney has all the attributes you need in a QB and now it is time to piece guys around him. Things are finally starting to look right in Miami

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
One particular thing I have noticed is his small Y/A. He doesn't seem to throw it deep at all and considering Fasano's stats it's pretty obvious he is his go to guy. Hartline nor Bess can keep up with true number one corners which limits his downfield options and Armstrong/Naanee/Clay don't seem to be getting open at all. Also since we lack any true deep threats the safeties keep playing close to the linebackers limiting big runs and limiting space for our receivers. We seem to be trapped and we need a legitimate third WR option for Tannehill if we wan't to see more yards and a larger Y/A. This should lead to more TD's, which leads to more wins, which is is why Y/A is correlated to winning games.

I agree. We just need more at the WR position. This is something we saw in previous years however, even when Brandon Marshall was here. The only real weapon Henne had was when the offense started moving quickly. It was rare but we saw it a few times. I believe the up-tempo format of this offense will allow us to make the most of what we have. After this season however, WR must be addressed. It doesn't help either that in a league of hot-rod TEs we are stuck driving a school bus.
patdt13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I like what I have seen so far. If he continues to progress we could have a very good QB in Miami once again. He needs weapons and protection, but I like what I have seen.

Couldn't agree more, Merc.

Rome wasn't built in one day.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it is fair to Tanney to respond on this right now. There are encouraging signs but there are also disturbing ones as well. I want to caution many of you that Chad Henne had the attributes to be a good QB as well. Hell, he even had great games that thought he may have arrived (i.e Monday NIght win versus the Jets). I am just going to be patient and watch the Fins this year and hope they improve a little every week.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
I do not think it is fair to Tanney to respond on this right now. There are encouraging signs but there are also disturbing ones as well. I want to caution many of you that Chad Henne had the attributes to be a good QB as well. Hell, he even had great games that thought he may have arrived (i.e Monday NIght win versus the Jets). I am just going to be patient and watch the Fins this year and hope they improve a little every week.

I agree with needing to be patient... The one thing though that I see that I never saw in Henne is poise and leadership.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:

It's not really about Tannehill and it was never really about Henne. Some guys get drafted and go to places where individuals develop them well and some don't.

There was nothing about Michigan's Chad Henne that was wrong at all. His college highlights were fantastic and quite frankly I'd take him over Ryan Tannehill given their college careers but Tannehill was drafted by a Dolphins team that has individuals who appear significantly more adept at developing a player at the QB position. It's in how they coach. It's in who they keep around. It's in the scheme. It's in everything.

Very little about the Henne-era Dolphins made Henne a better player. The players didn't. The coaches didn't. The system didn't. Nothing helped Henne achieve what he might have had he gone to a Green Bay or New England. There are lots of things however about the Tannehill-era Dolphins that should lead to at least a more groomed player over a comparable time-span. Now, as I said, the highlights aren't that impressive with Tannehill so I'm not sure that he'll ever develop even to the point of a Schaub, Ryan or Flacco, but there's a lot more to be thankful for now in terms of having a complete system in place to develop a QB.

That's a lot more important than whoever-the-hell we draft.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best play tanney made this year was that double pump slant incompletion against.arizone because.it.would have gotten tipped and perhaps picked.
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
The best play tanney made this year was that double pump slant incompletion against.arizone because.it.would have gotten tipped and perhaps picked.

Or so the announcers said. I would like to believe it doesn't take a genius to avoid that catastrophe however. He's stood in the pocket a couple times today and gotten the ball downfield. To me, that's much more significant as it means he's got the instincts we need our QB to have.
alant_8

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im liking a lot of what i see from Tannehill, but the lack of TD passes are a cause of concern, but it it him or our lack of difference makers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: