Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3 GDT: Tannehilling > Tebowing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
phinmun


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
My only issue with Tanney is the babying going on. It reminds me of Chad Henne. It is very tough to watch. This offense is no better than the one coached under Sparano. They are boring as heck to watch. I do not care if Tanney is a rookie. Luck and RG3's offenses are fun to watch. You cannot become the team you want to be by not implementing the strategy. What happened to the up tempo offense? What happened to the throwing the ball around. We know the team is bad, let the record reflect it. Where are the screen passes, the draw plays? That is what I want. I do not want to see power football although that is what the current talent is designed for. This team should be building on what they hope to be not settling for the status quo.

The tempo offense wasn't there when Tanny was in during the pre-season either. Seemed like he wasn't able to handle it so every time he stepped into a game the offense slowed down.



The slow tempo was a concern for me too but the contribution of the refs can't be overstated. They're not marking the ball efficiently let alone getting the calls right. Even just retrieving the ball and clearing a pile is a task. The refs really screwed up the tempo.

Tannehill had some chances to snap the ball but didn't seem comfortable with the protections and plays. He quite-often waited until the final few seconds to snap the ball. Strange to see but he's gotta be comfortable before he pulls the trigger. Chalk it up to experience, I suppose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Clutch


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 2240
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I saw.

- Loved the play where RT knew he had an offsides on the Jets, took the snap and tossed it deep. Beautiful decision.

- Kick goes through, we win. Kicker lost it. Int's happen during every game. Thats why the kicker gets paid.

- We lost our best player on offense, I wouldn't have went no huddle either.

- We don't have the weapons that Luck and RGIII have at this point. Hartline only became effective after Revis went out.

- Conservative?? We threw the ball into the endzone, trying to win the game at the end of regulation. I can't even remember the last time I saw that.

- Final point. I am really liking Joe Philbin. Wanted him ast the coach when they were interviewing and love him now. ANd if you look in GB, they haven't been in synch since he left. This guy is grooming RT to become an elite qb.

- I am only disppointed because our kicker let us down. We should be 2-1 right now. Things happen. But get this offense some weapons. You can see the possibilities.
_________________
- "Who, I love Rich Camarillo." Quote from the Fish's play by play crew.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joeyL.


Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Posts: 935
Location: Morgantown, WV
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both losses have one staggering thing in common. About a minuet and a half stretch where we stunk up the field with turnovers.

Im surprised how competetive weve been. Once we get the mental mistakes taken care of I feel we will be a half way competitive team this year.

Future looks good.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dolphinemidget


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 3725
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
Both losses have one staggering thing in common. About a minuet and a half stretch where we stunk up the field with turnovers.

Im surprised how competetive weve been. Once we get the mental mistakes taken care of I feel we will be a half way competitive team this year.

Future looks good.


I think its early to get excited, though I want to believe (I am rather hoping) when we can play 2-3 weeks in a row like Week 2, even if we lose then I will say the future is on the up and up. We still have a long way to go.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blagasse67


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 11319
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
joeyL. wrote:
Both losses have one staggering thing in common. About a minuet and a half stretch where we stunk up the field with turnovers.

Im surprised how competetive weve been. Once we get the mental mistakes taken care of I feel we will be a half way competitive team this year.

Future looks good.


I think its early to get excited, though I want to believe (I am rather hoping) when we can play 2-3 weeks in a row like Week 2, even if we lose then I will say the future is on the up and up. We still have a long way to go.


Watching this game, i did like seeing Tannehill not afraid to throw the ball and kept his poise all game. After he threw the pick he wasn't afraid to throw the ball but i did see him trying to make a safer throw.
_________________

UniversalAuthor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5547
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me 4 days to get over this and show my face on the forum. Get your stuff together Miami, quit playing games with my heart.
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JCool333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Posts: 12767
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
It took me 4 days to get over this and show my face on the forum. Get your stuff together Miami, quit playing games with my heart.


Haha. I hear that completely. Hey, but at least there are signs of hope here and there. Beats last season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13113
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
It took me 4 days to get over this and show my face on the forum. Get your stuff together Miami, quit playing games with my heart.


Haha. I hear that completely. Hey, but at least there are signs of hope here and there. Beats last season.


True, last year's team just seemed like it was going backwords. But this year it seems like the team is headed in the right direction. We are honestly an average team this year. Or at least I wouldn't say we are in the bottom 8 to 10 teams. We should at least be competitive in most games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinmun


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
JCool333 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:
It took me 4 days to get over this and show my face on the forum. Get your stuff together Miami, quit playing games with my heart.


Haha. I hear that completely. Hey, but at least there are signs of hope here and there. Beats last season.


True, last year's team just seemed like it was going backwords. But this year it seems like the team is headed in the right direction. We are honestly an average team this year. Or at least I wouldn't say we are in the bottom 8 to 10 teams. We should at least be competitive in most games.


I agree with you both!

This year just feels so much fresher and healthier than last.

That said, I like what I've seen from Tannehill but I find it hard to picture what he'll look like 4 and 5 years down the road.

Who do you think Tannehill will resemble if he does work out and play well for us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ProudDolphan47


Moderator
Joined: 07 Dec 2007
Posts: 5547
Location: Lancaster, PA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...we finished 6-3 last year. That didn't give anyone hope?
_________________
-Proud 2011 Inductee to FF's Miami Dolphins RoH

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bpastermack


Joined: 17 Feb 2009
Posts: 13113
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
...we finished 6-3 last year. That didn't give anyone hope?


But we still felt like our head coach was a lame duck, and the team had no direction.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5564
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Dm58ppfFY&feature=player_embedded#!

This is a clip showing all of Tannehill's throws against the Jets for whoever's interested. Got it from the herald.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phinmun


Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 2231
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Dm58ppfFY&feature=player_embedded#!

This is a clip showing all of Tannehill's throws against the Jets for whoever's interested. Got it from the herald.



Oh, great video! Thanks for posting that. I'd seen a video with a few of the highlights but not everything.

Tannehill got better as the game went along. I actually thought he made good decisions in the 2nd half aside from that one glaring mistake, the INT.

The throws downfield weren't that sharp but as we see more of them called I suspect the connection with Armstrong and Hartline on the vertical routes will get better.

It certainly appears that Tannehill is really hesistant to pull the trigger on some of the shorter routes though. In one instance he'll clearly wait on someone to get open and then on another he'll throw a beautiful pass on a quick-slant. I'd like to see the quicker stuff get a little sharper. Tannehill has to be quicker getting the ball out and the receivers need to do a better job of getting to their spots and looking for the ball. It's really a group effort.

Although we moved the ball down the field to tie it up, I was sad to see that some of the crucial plays were pass interference calls rather than completed passes. I'd prefer to see more of those balls completed. Tannehill missed a couple guys with over-throws.

I started out thinking this was a terrible game by Tannehill but as I said, I think he got better as the 2nd half progressed. His best drive might've been the last one that lead to the field goal just before regulation ended. That's a sign that he's performing well under pressure and definitely getting better results from a slightly more up-tempo offense.

If we're able to keep the hurry-up going, I suspect Tannehill will be able to get more of those 10-15 yard completions to Bess and Fasano that seem to spark the offense.

To me, the obvious thing is the tempo. With a slower tempo this offense appears really abstract and unorganized but with a faster pace and receivers who are able to move more quickly, the ball is able to be distributed to everyone and the defense can't really cue on any one guy.

I liked how we picked up the blitz in there too. If there's one thing that will go without getting enough credit, it's that when the Jets brought pressure with LBs and DBs, Tannehill had plenty of time to scan the field and make a good throw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group