Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it in the Cowboys best interest to resign Mike Jenkins?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
In a passing league, you can never have too many corners. But it depends on the price. If it's around Scan's contract - game on. But I have a feeling Mike will want to go out on his own to stake his claim as a full-time-starter elsewhere.

Honestly, it's probably in our best interest to get him as much playing time as possible to maximize his trade value, and then trade him. With as much cap space as some teams have, and if Jax was willing to give the contract to Robinson he got, you know Jenkins will get overpaid. I'd like to keep him, but if we cant keep a one year wonder 3rd wr, I don't see it happening.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my thinking behind thinking the Cowboys should resign Jenkins:

1. I think Jenkins is more valuable than Scandrick. He can play well on the outside (unlike Scandrick) and can probably play the slot better then Scandrick because of his man coverage skills. Jenkins also has good ballskills who will go up for the ball against bigger WRs.

2. Rookie wage scale. Because of the significant decrease in salary for rookies, we could still have money to sign Jenkins and address the OL. Claiborne and Jenkins could be interchangable similar to how Carr was used with Flowers in Kansas City. Since we would have Jenkins, Claiborne could also take over as the primary KR/PR on ST's.

3. The lack of FA's at the OL position. Since there aren't too many good offensive lineman in 2013 FA, it means we would be addressing the situation through the draft and won't have to overpay leading back to my 2nd point. 1st round - OL, 2nd round - DL/S, 3rd round OLB.

With that said I agree there has to be a limit though. If Jenkins is looking for Carr money then yes he's gone. Can Scandrick be cut without a cap hit? Is 35 mill too much for us to play a player who has had a up and down type career in Jenkins?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a trade involving Scandrick for a draft pick to free more cap space?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: