Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 7389
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is McMillan our young man from Maine? It is exciting to see our secondary playing well but we have to acknowledge the improvement back there is related to the improvement up front. Getting more pressure on QBs is key these days. Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kenrik


Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Posts: 301
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety. To say Mcmillan is playing well is true but look who've we played

SF- RUN team with a below average offense
CHI- Jay Culter. Below average offense
SEA- Run team with below average offense

When we play a heavy top end pass team our secondary will be looking bad again UNLESS our pass rush comes to play.

Next years draft has some really good safetys from 1-3 round. We could maybe be lucky enough to get a safety in the 3rd with 2nd round talent. Aka Burnett. The thing I do like about Mcmillan is he's aggresive in his tackling. He's not affraid to come up and make a hit. That's why is dislike Burnett. He comes up and throws bus should in or arm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12174
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety.


The fact that he is an awful boundary CB now? Or the fact that McMillian was unproven and our CB depth was much better than our safety depth? It is his rookie year - he is a 4th round draft pick and is very raw as a player. Let the season play out before you blast the guy for no reason.
_________________
@PJHotel_

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Macc_Aviv


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 801
Location: Shaking babies and kissing hands
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety.


The fact that he is an awful boundary CB now? Or the fact that McMillian was unproven and our CB depth was much better than our safety depth? It is his rookie year - he is a 4th round draft pick and is very raw as a player. Let the season play out before you blast the guy for no reason.

Well said. Woodson still may be 'starting' (a word that gets thrown around far too much), but McMillian seems to be playing on a majority of snaps. I don't have the numbers for the Seattle game, but he played 70% of snaps against the Bears, which is more than any other Packers rookie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10143
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenrik wrote:
For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety. To say Mcmillan is playing well is true but look who've we played

SF- RUN team with a below average offense
CHI- Jay Culter. Below average offense
SEA- Run team with below average offense

When we play a heavy top end pass team our secondary will be looking bad again UNLESS our pass rush comes to play.

Next years draft has some really good safetys from 1-3 round. We could maybe be lucky enough to get a safety in the 3rd with 2nd round talent. Aka Burnett. The thing I do like about Mcmillan is he's aggresive in his tackling. He's not affraid to come up and make a hit. That's why is dislike Burnett. He comes up and throws bus should in or arm.


Woodson really isn't starting @ S. He's starting @ nickle CB. That's the base D, and the next DB on the field in most packages is McMillan.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11414
Location: Albany, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/09/28/3tfo-saints-packers-week-4/

Quote:
While the ball-hawking Charles Woodson is putting in a fine year, itís been young players that have made the biggest impact. Rookie Jerron McMillian leads all safeties with a +5.0 coverage grade. Though heís been targeted only twice, he broke up one pass and intercepted another, and if not for a roughing the passer penalty would have had another pick last week. Fellow rookie Casey Hayward and third-year corner Sam Shields have put in an impressive start to the season as well, giving up less than 50 yards together.

_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kenrik


Joined: 15 Dec 2011
Posts: 301
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kenrik Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety. To say Mcmillan is playing well is true but look who've we played

SF- RUN team with a below average offense
CHI- Jay Culter. Below average offense
SEA- Run team with below average offense


[/code]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iskra


Joined: 12 Sep 2006
Posts: 1689
Location: Where Tony Bennett left his heart
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a layman like me, I see McMillian out there "making plays" - even when the replacements (not to be confused - ever - with The Replacements) take interceptions away from him.

Is he a "slower version of Collins" or a "faster version of Bigby"? I don't know.

For my money, I can't say I'm disappointed with the lad at all, thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
palmy50


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 13463
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iskra wrote:
For a layman like me, I see McMillian out there "making plays" - even when the replacements (not to be confused - ever - with The Replacements) take interceptions away from him.

Is he a "slower version of Collins" or a "faster version of Bigby"? I don't know.

For my money, I can't say I'm disappointed with the lad at all, thus far.


His style is MUCH more in line with Bigby. Thank god also. Only reason why Collins game worked was because of him being a bit of a freak athlete. Collins speed masked many of his flaws. Very few are lucky enough to have those legs though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12174
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
His style is MUCH more in line with Bigby.


I like that about him to be quite honest. If he could play like Bigby, but also be as athletic as he is then that is a great asset for this team. Bigby was always in the right spot in seemed but after his injury he didn't have the wheels(at least when he was with the Pack). If he pans out and Burnett learns to tackle then we have a quality safety tandem.
_________________
@PJHotel_

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7546
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Miller just tweeted that Jerron McMillian is the best kept secret in the NFL. I'll have to defer to Palmy on Miller's credibility but I have had some conversations with him on the twitter and he seems like a knowledgeable guy!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 12305
Location: Hood River, Oregon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Matt Miller just tweeted that Jerron McMillian is the best kept secret in the NFL
Bout to come in here to say the same Laughing dude is one of the best football writers right now. Gives B/R some credibility
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Arodsmightybelt


Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Posts: 1678
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sooo.......Jerron seems to be purdy good. I was pretty worried about safety beginning of the season, but he seems to be the part.

That said, it is a pretty deep safety class next year, do we go with someone like TJ MacDonald or are we happy with what we got here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7546
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arodsmightybelt wrote:
sooo.......Jerron seems to be purdy good. I was pretty worried about safety beginning of the season, but he seems to be the part.

That said, it is a pretty deep safety class next year, do we go with someone like TJ MacDonald or are we happy with what we got here?
I'm happy with our combo. They might not be Ed Reed and Nick Collins but as of right now I wouldn't try to replace either with a high pick. If either of them fall on their face then yeah, but for how they look now, I am satisfied.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3533
Location: SNJ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Kenrik wrote:
For the people saying we don't need a safety you're wrong. There's a reason we have Woodson still starting at safety. To say Mcmillan is playing well is true but look who've we played

SF- RUN team with a below average offense
CHI- Jay Culter. Below average offense
SEA- Run team with below average offense

When we play a heavy top end pass team our secondary will be looking bad again UNLESS our pass rush comes to play.

Next years draft has some really good safetys from 1-3 round. We could maybe be lucky enough to get a safety in the 3rd with 2nd round talent. Aka Burnett. The thing I do like about Mcmillan is he's aggresive in his tackling. He's not affraid to come up and make a hit. That's why is dislike Burnett. He comes up and throws bus should in or arm.


Woodson really isn't starting @ S. He's starting @ nickle CB. That's the base D, and the next DB on the field in most packages is McMillan.
Yet Jennings is still above him on the depth chart... does not compute
_________________
mccammon07 wrote:
We should give Nick Perry a shot at ILB this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group