Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great stuff Anti. I must confess that some of the real specifics are lost on someone like me who has never played Football and never been taught anything Football related, but I am not afraid to admit as much. A few notes from the 2nd half :-

* Our 1st Offensive play in the 2nd half sees us pulling Manny Ramirez for the first time. Clearly not comfortable doing it, but he found his man (playside DE). However, Orlando Franklin is whooped at the LOS by JJ Watt almost instantly and he blows it up in the backfield for a short loss. I think the design was for Joel Dreessen to mop up the playside ILB, but it turns out that two Texan LB's sniffed out the play.

* 2nd down sees another inside stunt do enough to pressure Manning. Manny Ramirez ends up stood in space by himself for the entire play pretty much, as he doesn't read the stunt at all to help JD Walton. Ryan Clady has been absolutely perfect in pass protection so far in this game. 3rd down and Franklin gets bullrushed AGAIN by Brooks Reed. Ramirez had blocked Watt perfectly out of the play too. Franklin is play far too high this game; this is easily the worst individual performance I have seen from a Bronco this year.

* 3rd and 12 sees Carter back at Safety with Adams playing as a Nickel LB again. This time our front 4 is Miller at LE, Jackson and Ayers at DT and Elvis at RE. Ayers puts a lovely swim move on Chris Myers to get right in Schaub's face. I am pretty sure that is only the 3rd snap for Ayers, and on his 1st snap he got early penetration to disrupt a running play.

* Manning just isn't trusting his pocket. Has a perfect lane to step up into when Barwin runs way the circle way too wide, but instead Manning flees to his right.

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Wow, great stuff Anti. I must confess that some of the real specifics are lost on someone like me who has never played Football and never been taught anything Football related, but I am not afraid to admit as much.

I apparently confused myself as I had to edit some of that. But in any case I was just saying I figured Clady should block Brady James(playside Linebacker) after leaving the DE(who would be double teamed for a second by Clady and Beadles), and then the Fullback can still chip Reed if the play is to go outside but there's a hole where the DE Crick was moved from which would be even better.

And like I said, if it was a zone blocking system, the Fullback is basically another running back which means he has to choose to either chip Brooks Reed(as he did on the play) or try to block a donwfield Safety(or he could reverse direction and block Jamison or Connor Barwin, or do any number of things, but on this play it would seem logical to do one of the two things I mentioned before, I would go downfield) and the runner can either run outside or go where the DE is moved. Most likely he would go in the area that the DE was moved away from with James being occupied by Clady(and announcers would falsely describe the runner not taking it all the way outside as a cut, which it actually is not).
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 4 game day thread? I want to come in and talk ish before Manning throws down on the Raiders tertiary.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
* On 3rd and 10 early in the 2nd, we went with Adams and Leonhard playing at the LOS with Carter and Moore as the Safeties. Texans converted on a nice route by Martin?

I just noticed we also had all three corners out there on this play. This is the first time I have seen us put 7 DBs on the field.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Week 4 game day thread? I want to come in and talk ish before Manning throws down on the Raiders tertiary.

Yeah what the heck is going on? If i wasn't working all day and night this week i would make one. Elliott makes the best one's by far... By the way you saying all this stuff how Manning is going to torch your defense is really starting to make me sense he will throw 4 INT's on Sunday. Classic BP jinx.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start a damn thread for the game against us so we Raider fans have somewhere to bug you guys. Smile

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Stop pointing out Franklin's errors lomaxgr, that's not fitting into the established narrative that the Broncos interior line are terrible and the Tackles are great.
Nobody has said that our Tackles are great but there is no denying they are superior to all the interior players.

False. I was very wrong about tackle play thus far and I'll admit that. Franklin has not looked up to snuff whatsoever. Anyone who says Walton and Beadles look bad needs to watch more. They both look improved.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Start a damn thread for the game against us so we Raider fans have somewhere to bug you guys. Smile

Hey screw you! Smile! Maybe American Football isn't quite the Raider game...I know, how about a spelling contest.

Bad spellers of the world...untie!
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Stop pointing out Franklin's errors lomaxgr, that's not fitting into the established narrative that the Broncos interior line are terrible and the Tackles are great.
Nobody has said that our Tackles are great but there is no denying they are superior to all the interior players.

I've got to disagree. Granted, I don't have access to the all 22 or even regular replay, but from what I've seen this year I would rate Walton as vastly improved and with Kuper out the 2nd best O Lineman on the team.

Franklin is pretty much a mess. He's not even close to handling the edge by himself and rarely wins one on one match ups. Having kuper beside him last year covered a lot of Franklins warts.

I'm still not sold on Beadles, but he doesn't appear to be the liability he was last season and Ramirez has some real mobility issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: