Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR is going to be a need in 2013.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
When has a free agent ever been the reason a team sucked?

Never.

The Eagles spent a crap ton of money in free agency and still have the most cap room in the NFL. If you manage your finances well you will be fine.

Obviously you can't only do it with free agency, you need to nail the draft too, but free agency is a tool to make your team better.

The singular reason? Never.

The part of a reason? Many times.

Overspending on a FA is a quick way to ruin a salary cap for a few years and, if you let it influence your draft board, an easy way to miss quality talent.

There's a reason teams aren't built through FA. Good ones anyway.

But you can add a important part or two. Where did anyone say they want to build with FA? You make your team better anyway you can.

Couldn't agree more.

If you can add the right guy, for the right price, awesome.

Those guys aren't all that common.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
clubberlang

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do think WR could be a need I don't think it's as big of a need as other areas. Massaquoi hasn't been bad this year but he's hurt yet again. Gordon is a very raw rookie that we just spent a 2013 2nd on. At least we have all year to work with him. Benjamin is also very raw but has the speed and has shown flashes. Little is a poor mans Braylon at this point.

With all of these young guys already I can't see us spending a first rounder on a WR. Maybe a late pick if someone really falls in our laps. I would rather see us bring in a vet fa wr if we do bring in someone. I would love to see someone like Bowe or Wallace in here but I don't see that happening even if we overpay.
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

All I have to say is little and norwood should not be on this team next year. Those drops in a winnable game are what keeps a team in the basement. I doubt if they were released they would make in on a .500 + team. That being said:

Use our probably top 5 pick on the best WR in the draft. Then target the best guard available, if he falls to a tradeable spot, pull the trigger and get the kid on the team.

ALSO in FA sign the best WR that will come here and do the same with the guard spot. Little and norwood are about as pro as pinkston and lauvos are. Also try and get rid of our overpriced vets that are lurking on this team. Defensive woes can wait a year.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
All I have to say is little and norwood should not be on this team next year. Those drops in a winnable game are what keeps a team in the basement. I doubt if they were released they would make in on a .500 + team. That being said:

Use our probably top 5 pick on the best WR in the draft. Then target the best guard available, if he falls to a tradeable spot, pull the trigger and get the kid on the team.

ALSO in FA sign the best WR that will come here and do the same with the guard spot. Little and norwood are about as pro as pinkston and lauvos are. Also try and get rid of our overpriced vets that are lurking on this team. Defensive woes can wait a year.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I pretty much disagree with all of this.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
tricklogic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clubberlang wrote:
While I do think WR could be a need I don't think it's as big of a need as other areas. Massaquoi hasn't been bad this year but he's hurt yet again. Gordon is a very raw rookie that we just spent a 2013 2nd on. At least we have all year to work with him. Benjamin is also very raw but has the speed and has shown flashes. Little is a poor mans Braylon at this point.

With all of these young guys already I can't see us spending a first rounder on a WR. Maybe a late pick if someone really falls in our laps. I would rather see us bring in a vet fa wr if we do bring in someone. I would love to see someone like Bowe or Wallace in here but I don't see that happening even if we overpay.

Isn't Braylon still available. He may not have been good last year, but I watched some 49ers and he still got open. He still jumps and the year before I thought he looked pretty good with the Jets. I'm just messing around on this because I'm discouraged by another close loss and it makes me feel better.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
clubberlang wrote:

Isn't Braylon still available. He may not have been good last year, but I watched some 49ers and he still got open. He still jumps and the year before I thought he looked pretty good with the Jets. I'm just messing around on this because I'm discouraged by another close loss and it makes me feel better.

no he is like the #3 WR in seattle behind Sidney Rice and Golden Tate, possibly #4 behind dog baldwin as well, then add in the TE he is behind them to

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NickZambo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricklogic wrote:
clubberlang wrote:

Putting Braylon Edwards opposite of Greg Little would literally cause me to have a heart attack. I would go thru TVs and Cell phones like skittles from blind fits of rage... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Laughing

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
smh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I was pissed we didn't get Julio Jones.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smh wrote:
This is why I was pissed we didn't get Julio Jones.

You would be posed with him since colt would be throwing him the ball

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that I have grown to be impressed by Little is his ability to get open. I swear it seems like he was wide open a TON last night

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well our guys need to catch the ball, plain and simple. Especially Little.He made some great plays and missed several but he is a work in progress. However, the reality is that his hands will never be as good as Andre Johnson or Fitzgerald. If MoMass is out there or we have a guy just a little more talented than Jordan Norwood then that would take some pressure off of Little. It will come down to if Josh Gordon can produce...But a 4th wr would be great. Benjamin looks good, but an Amendola, Welker, Antonio Brown type of player is what we need for 3rd down catches. Terrance Williams, Kenny Stills, Marquise Goodwin later in the draft, and there are probably many sleepers that would need to be drafted in round one...

Or coach could do what he should be doing since he has a rookie qb and hand the ball off to number 33 more until the passing game really finds its rhythm.

I really liked what I saw from the team, just those 1 or 2 plays again...simply Little's big drop and Weeden's pick 6. They responded very well though
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna go off the wall and say we grab one with our 2nd round pick.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
I'm gonna go off the wall and say we grab one with our 2nd round pick.

What you did there I see it Wink

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

cattleman78

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our receivers are very young I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
dawgdish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need to draft another WR, since we have plenty of young ones to develop. I do, however, think we need to sign a top free agent WR who knows how to hang on to the ball and who can mentor Gordon/Little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: