Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Three Eages @ Cardinals - Pass D Metrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Week Three Eages @ Cardinals - Pass D Metrics Reply with quote

Nothing overly notable about this game. Teams continue to attack Peterson with little success.

Jamell Fleming as a rookie is the target of a few teams. He made one mental error that led to a 20 yard game but other than that was very good in coverage.

Sam Acho is a very, very good pass rusher. Intelligent, quick off the snap, has moves, finishes plays. Love having him on this football team.

Groves did a lot with the snaps he had rushing the passer. He seems to make things happen when he is on the field.

Rashad Johnson looked decidedly worse than James Sanders did from what I saw. Johnson made a mental error that led to a big gain for Celek.

With the reclassification of the -12 yard Washington sack to a TFL I watched the receivers on this play. They made little attempt to run a route, so I assume this one must have been drawn up as a QB keeper.

The one hole in zone play is one that I could not decided between Schofield or Walker who was at fault on the play. Neither got enough depth on their drops to take away the middle range game.

Lenon struggles in coverage, bit on a few playfakes did not get enough depth in his zone drops and all round had a pretty quiet game.

Darnell Dockett had a surprisingly quiet game for a team that put a lot of pressure on the QB, I did not pay much attention the blocking so he might have seen a lot of attention, but the bottom line is Acho and Campbell stepped up and got it done.

Arguably the most impressive thing for me about this game is the fact that even when Arizona were not getting pressure there was nowhere for Vick to go with the ball, at times he stood in the pocket for 4 or 5 seconds with nowhere to go before taking off, great coverage on the back end.

If I had to pick a standout defensive player after watching the coaches film I would go with Acho, constant pressure off the edge.

If you guys are lucky I might do an "analysis of a play" segments in the coming weeks. If you guys are lucky...

Enjoy.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What was the 37 yard play to Johnson, remind me please?
2. What are your thoughts on the D-Wash sack/TFL? I thought it was a sure sack myself.
3. 3/22 on only 4 targets isn't great but I'm being honest here, William Gay is currently exceeding my expectations.
4. MONSTER DAY for Sam Acho. Man, that's big time. Huge feather in Rod Graves cap getting him in round 4.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Champ about Gay...not just this game, but for all 3 so far. My impression of him from last year and this preseason was of someone who it would be very wise to target. I seem to remember he's had a few lapses so far this year, especially vs Edelman & Welker (but who doesn't?!?), but for the most part his play has been at least acceptable. He's earning his way off my players to hate list!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay is still pretty obviously the guy to target in our secondary but he's held up much better than I thought he would thru 3 weeks, against a couple of explosive passing offenses.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
1. What was the 37 yard play to Johnson, remind me please?
2. What are your thoughts on the D-Wash sack/TFL? I thought it was a sure sack myself.

1 - It was the big play to Celek for a 34 yard gain, I messed up the yardage, and I think I missed a play somewhere, but I shall fix that soon. There was a lot of Philly pre-snap movement, and it caught us out, but Johnson bites on another route. It could possibly be Rhodes, but to me it looks like Johnson makes the wrong moves.

2 - It looks like the Wideouts don't even attempt to run routes on that play. But that could be a product of trying to see the playaction. Either way I would gave Sam Acho equal credit on the play.

3 - Found where I missed the play; Johnson should be 1-1- 34. Screen should be 3/3 14 and Gay should be 5/4 29.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are Gay's 4 catches? Cause I think I had with him with 3 too.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

Well I might just have to go back over the entire game. When I finished I was 4 yards short of 217. 1 completion and 3 attempts short. Went back and found two throwaways that I had not charted. That left 1 catch for 4 yards, there was only one four yard catch, so I assumed that was it, until I went back and saw that I missed the 37 instead of 34, so I was missing 1 catch and 7 yards, there is only one 7 yard catch in the game, so assumed it was that...

stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Well I might just have to go back over the entire game. When I finished I was 4 yards short of 217. 1 completion and 3 attempts short. Went back and found two throwaways that I had not charted. That left 1 catch for 4 yards, there was only one four yard catch, so I assumed that was it, until I went back and saw that I missed the 37 instead of 34, so I was missing 1 catch and 7 yards, there is only one 7 yard catch in the game, so assumed it was that...

Maybe it is, you're probably right.

Either way, I'm pleasantly surprised with William Gay's play thru 3 games.
rickyp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleming has really impressed me so far. His numbers seem to suggest its not just my imagination either.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
Fleming has really impressed me so far. His numbers seem to suggest its not just my imagination either.

That back shoulder pass he broke up in New England made me smile.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the knock on PP was he would be a safety after a couple seasons in the NFL. I don't hear that anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: