Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Belichik Fine $50,000 for Contact with Official
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Integrity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nefarious Bill wrote:
Remember kids, what Belichick did was so grievous it deserved 50,000, but this is only worth 15,000$:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbNx9SldD2k

Well clearly the refs favor the Ravens. Laughing
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:
Remember kids, what Belichick did was so grievous it deserved 50,000, but this is only worth 15,000$:

They'll do anything to avoid the Judooooo Chop! Laughing

Sig credit: Deadpulse
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:

Yup, clearly.

But honestly, Harbaugh barely grazed that ref with his antic... I can see it being justified as he should have been fined $20k or something- especially had this replacement protection rule been in play- but it wasn't.

Belichick literally yanked the ref while he was in a good jog. THAT could've resulted in liability for the NFL.. and that is a missing element that many are not considering. Say that happens and that replacement buckles a knee... suddenly that $300m the NFL has saved with using the replacement officials isn't exactly $300m any longer.

It's not just about "intent" and if it were malicious or not. And it's not just about making contact with an official. Right here you have a triple threat. Belichick a) breaks a mandate by the league to overly protect the officials b) TOUCHES an official and c) touches the official in a manner that could've resulted in liability/possible harm.

Honestly, I feel like Belichick could have been fined upwards of $65k for this incident. But I think the league likely took into account his previously good record/behavior towards officials in the past.
------
As an aside I think these fines were also a big/underrated part of getting the NFL back to the table. Because when guys like Belichick are operating in this kind of way and you have to fine him- a guy who usually isn't an issue... and you know incidents like this are going to just continue to happen week after week, fine after fine, you can see the rising level of emotion eventually resulting in an irreparable situation between the owners and the (players/coaches). Add in the dimension with the fans becoming more and more hostile (BMore manure chant that was sure to happen again this Thursday) and potentially embarrassing for a telecast/the league... and they were beginning to lose their leverage. The league honestly couldn't wait much longer before all of this bubbling energy really hit them hard.

EDIT: And the notion of a suspension I always felt to be absolutely ridiculous. Never thought it was suspension worthy.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belicheat on it again

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:

Yup, clearly.

But honestly, Harbaugh barely grazed that ref with his antic... I can see it being justified as he should have been fined $20k or something- especially had this replacement protection rule been in play- but it wasn't.

Belichick literally yanked the ref while he was in a good jog. THAT could've resulted in liability for the NFL.. and that is a missing element that many are not considering. Say that happens and that replacement buckles a knee... suddenly that $300m the NFL has saved with using the replacement officials isn't exactly $300m any longer.

It's not just about "intent" and if it were malicious or not. And it's not just about making contact with an official. Right here you have a triple threat. Belichick a) breaks a mandate by the league to overly protect the officials b) TOUCHES an official and c) touches the official in a manner that could've resulted in liability/possible harm.

Honestly, I feel like Belichick could have been fined upwards of $65k for this incident. But I think the league likely took into account his previously good record/behavior towards officials in the past.
------
As an aside I think these fines were also a big/underrated part of getting the NFL back to the table. Because when guys like Belichick are operating in this kind of way and you have to fine him- a guy who usually isn't an issue... and you know incidents like this are going to just continue to happen week after week, fine after fine, you can see the rising level of emotion eventually resulting in an irreparable situation between the owners and the (players/coaches). Add in the dimension with the fans becoming more and more hostile (BMore manure chant that was sure to happen again this Thursday) and potentially embarrassing for a telecast/the league... and they were beginning to lose their leverage. The league honestly couldn't wait much longer before all of this bubbling energy really hit them hard.

EDIT: And the notion of a suspension I always felt to be absolutely ridiculous. Never thought it was suspension worthy.

You're right...I'm surprised the ref came away from that assault and battery with his life. Rolling Eyes

Pats#1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Belicheat on it again

sarcasm??? I sure hope so Confused

kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suspension would have been a joke and a travesty. Even fifty grand is ridiculous. 10-15k sounds just to me.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, applaud Belichick for his actions. The refs owed him an explanation and I would have done the same thing if they had ignored me.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Keleth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if you made the refs answerable and available to the media and coaches after a game that would then stop this sort of thing ?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:

Yup, clearly.

------

You're right...I'm surprised the ref came away from that assault and battery with his life. Rolling Eyes

Nowhere did he say it was a malicious attack on the ref, nor anything close to "assault" or "battery". Try reading it objectively instead of instantly getting defensive and you may understand the point he was making.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I, for one, applaud Belichick for his actions. The refs owed him an explanation and I would have done the same thing if they had ignored me.

Seriously, the ref was straight up disrespecting Belichick. All he wanted was an explanation/answer.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Pats#1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:

Yup, clearly.

------

Nowhere did he say it was a malicious attack on the ref, nor anything close to "assault" or "battery". Try reading it objectively instead of instantly getting defensive and you may understand the point he was making.

Somebody's sarcasm detector is broken

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Seriously, the ref was straight up disrespecting Belichick. All he wanted was an explanation/answer.

Ehh, why? The refs made their call so I don't see why they owed him anything...

anyway, this makes me laugh cause I think about when Cowher shoved a picture in the refs shirt pocket one game!

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats#1 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Pats#1 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
Nefarious Bill wrote:

Yup, clearly.

------

Somebody's sarcasm detector is broken

....reading your comment with a fully-functioning sarcasm detector with all available upgrades, patches and bug fixes (of course) would lead one to believe you are being dismissive of DB's comments. One would need an upgraded model to catch your double-sarcasm. Stating that you're surprised the official came away with his life, but really being dismissive of DB's comments, but REALLY mocking those that would be dismissive of DB's comments. come on man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Ehh, why? The refs made their call so I don't see why they owed him anything...

anyway, this makes me laugh cause I think about when Cowher shoved a picture in the refs shirt pocket one game!

Ignoring somebody is disrespectful. All the ref had to say was "I'm sorry, that play isn't reviewable" and this isn't even being discussed.

RTR
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: