Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign former Pats DE Andre Carter; Cut OL Barksdale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
We gave him two medicals, we know his health, and he won't be an every down lineman but I'm looking forward to seeing him bring the pressure ( with Kelly and Sey....no line would enjoy facing them)

If Carter proves to be completely healthy, he'll take Houston's starting job within a few weeks. Lamarr Houston should be used as the 3rd defensive lineman along the entire defensive line IMO. He could be used more as a DT.

Kelly and Seymour have been solid against the run so far, but their ability to rush the passer hasn't been there for the most part. I see Kelly breaking out soon though. He looked as physically dominate as ever during the pre-season.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn we've got some nice depth on our D-line now. If only our secondary was good.

Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
Damn we've got some nice depth on our D-line now. If only our secondary was good.

An improved performance by the DL will make the CBs job easier, I think we'll see the fruits of that in the next couple of weeks
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
We gave him two medicals, we know his health, and he won't be an every down lineman but I'm looking forward to seeing him bring the pressure ( with Kelly and Sey....no line would enjoy facing them)

Except Kelly and Seymour are the weakest link on the Dline. They both are sucking hard this season.

Bryant should replace Seymour as a starter IMO. Kidi needs more time, but as the season gets a long and the Raiders are out of contention, I want to see the rookie starting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Except Kelly and Seymour are the weakest link on the Dline. They both are sucking hard this season.

Bryant should replace Seymour as a starter IMO. Kidi needs more time, but as the season gets a long and the Raiders are out of contention, I want to see the rookie starting.

Sey and Kelly plays off this year so far.
This could be due to their age, health and I think part of it is due to their new tasks. This season they have to be dealing with the run more, so that's why they don't have the sexy sack numbers. The problem is that we have zero pass rush now...

I can see RM showing the door for both of them at the end of the season...
We will see...

Desmond and Bilukidi are the future at DT maybe alongside Houston...

Seymour's contract is still not totally clear to me, but I believe the meaningfull part is the 6575000 sigining bonus for the 5 years...
That means we can cut him with 5260000 deadmoney...this would be less then his salary+bonus, so we could win space there...
Kelly got a little restructure lately, but because of his deal is pretty old now I'm sure if they cut him after this season it would be saving against the cap.
Then of course they have to decide what to do with Shaggy and Desmond.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
This season they have to be dealing with the run more, so that's why they don't have the sexy sack numbers. The problem is that we have zero pass rush now...

Yep, they're staying home and don't shoot the gaps anymore which makes them less effective rushing the passer. But we don't have a consistent pass rush on the edges to make up for it.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
This season they have to be dealing with the run more, so that's why they don't have the sexy sack numbers. The problem is that we have zero pass rush now...

Yep, they're staying home and don't shoot the gaps anymore which makes them less effective rushing the passer. But we don't have a consistent pass rush on the edges to make up for it.

Exactly. Cant blame them for doing what the coaches are asking. Once we gets some of our Corners back I would expect they will have more affect. Carter should help on the outside as well as So'Oto.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole defensive line was good against been except for Tollefsen easily the best game the year so far. We just couldn't get a sack because been is tough to sack, and our Cb's let in to many passes also Pittsburgh was cheating big time last on some plays there ot's tackled our dline especially Houston. Need to get Burris in the pass rush keep stopping the run, the sacks will come in due time.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
The whole defensive line was good against been except for Tollefsen easily the best game the year so far. We just couldn't get a sack because been is tough to sack, and our Cb's let in to many passes also Pittsburgh was cheating big time last on some plays there ot's tackled our dline especially Houston. Need to get Burris in the pass rush keep stopping the run, the sacks will come in due time.

What line were you watching? I did see a few holds but overall, our DL got handled straight up. Little to no pressure all game til the 4th with the more intricate blitzes.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Exactly. Cant blame them for doing what the coaches are asking. Once we gets some of our Corners back I would expect they will have more affect. Carter should help on the outside as well as So'Oto.

Never thought I'd see the day when we are unhappy about Kelly and Seymour not aggressivly shooting the gap Laughing

I know, I know, its what they are being told to do- just sucks that the DEs arent good enough right now to pressure the QBs by themselves.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Never thought I'd see the day when we are unhappy about Kelly and Seymour not aggressivly shooting the gap Laughing

I know, I know, its what they are being told to do- just sucks that the DEs arent good enough right now to pressure the QBs by themselves.

I hear ya. Surprises me Houston seemed like a beast in preseason. I am anxious to see how much pressure they get with regular refs. All four have been held an awful lot with no call. I have seen blatent holds on our DL in every game thus far that were not called. Especially the SD and MIA games.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
This season they have to be dealing with the run more, so that's why they don't have the sexy sack numbers. The problem is that we have zero pass rush now....

Yes, thank you.

Part of the problem I see is that the Raiders still have two UTs playing next to one another of running downs. Sap (I know you hate him) often said that the UT plays the run otw to the QB meaning the NT has to occupy two OL to free him up. Last two weeks selfish penalties are nonexistent, however the interior of the line isn't playing cohesively and isn't overly adept at stopping the run. There isn't one person on the DL who commands a double team in run defense.

I still think TK & Seymour could be formidable on passing downs if there's pressure off the edge. However, that's too much capital tied up at the same position for basically the same player in situational football. What I still don't understand is why they were both restructured and extended and the vision is going forward?? I think either player would be fine next to a true fire hydrant in the middle. But I think it's apparent that Allen has mandated that the penalties be reduced and it's affected their aggressiveness. Sorry but that's the trade off.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

What line were you watching? I did see a few holds but overall, our DL got handled straight up. Little to no pressure all game til the 4th with the more intricate blitzes.
Sorry about the iphone grammar......yikes.
Yeah i looked at the game again and we did get pressure,overall the line played well. Seymour and Kelly contributed to stopping the run, and most of the passes we quick passes on slants at Huff or either the TE.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry missed the game as traveling, any sign of Carter (how did all DL play?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: