Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Agreement reached with NFL officials to end strike
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MUOH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebras owe the Pack for the continuation of the defined benefit pension plan for current officials through 2016 or until an official earns 20 years’ of service and the average pay increase form $149,000 to $205,000 by 2019.

Got to think that many a call will be tilted towards the Pack over the next several years for the getting the NFL to move more towards the union position in such an expedited manner. Suspect that there will also be many messy living rooms throughout the upper Midwest over the next several years as the heads of fans of other NFC North teams explode over phantom and missed calls that are always tilt towards Green Bay.

In all seriousness, very happy that the deal is done but not sure that it was worth the price.
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
No... It was going to take something like this to get done, and we were the victims in it. It was going to be one of the 32 teams, and we picked the shortest straw. I am just happy its done. Here's to hoping we can go on one hell of a run and get a home game in the playoffs!

Exactly the right attitude, good man.

The season starts this week. Let's start by blocking somebody in the first quarter.

Aaron might have more time in the pocket this weekend. The Saints have as many sacks as Clay has all by his lonesome. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/09/27/official-who-blew-call-against-packers-defends-decision/

Quote:
Lance Easley is the official that blew the call Monday night that cost the Packers the game against the Seattle Seahawks, but he staunchly defends his decision, according to TMZ.

“I didn’t do anything wrong

We did a damn good job … for the most part,” he said.

C'mon bro. Man up.

Didn't this clown get fired from officiating the Lingerie League because of incompetence? How arrogant of the league for them to believe these replacements would be qualified to officiate an NFL game. It wasn't until the entire country was in an uproar over outrageous incorrect calls by the replacements that the league and the NFLRA made a deal in the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUOH wrote:
Zebras owe the Pack for the continuation of the defined benefit pension plan for current officials through 2016 or until an official earns 20 years’ of service and the average pay increase form $149,000 to $205,000 by 2019.

Got to think that many a call will be tilted towards the Pack over the next several years for the getting the NFL to move more towards the union position in such an expedited manner. Suspect that there will also be many messy living rooms throughout the upper Midwest over the next several years as the heads of fans of other NFC North teams explode over phantom and missed calls that are always tilt towards Green Bay.

In all seriousness, very happy that the deal is done but not sure that it was worth the price.

Well, we will see come the end of the season and our playoff seeding or lack there of.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that say the replacement refs weren't a huge drop off from the regular refs are kidding themselves. Just watching a half of this Thursday nights game truly brings back how the game is supposed to be.

If anything, these 3 weeks should show fans how grateful we are to have competent refs
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT put the way i feel watching this game perfectly...
PFT wrote:
Gene Steratore is great tonight. Every time he talks, it's like, "Yeah, this is how the big boys do it."

Couldn't be happier we got the big boys back. It's a shame it took our team taking a bogus L but i would much rather move on with the regular refs then to have to move on from that game with the scabs still in place.

Kempes on the custom sig!
GreenNgoldGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/09/27/official-who-blew-call-against-packers-defends-decision/

Quote:
Lance Easley is the official that blew the call Monday night that cost the Packers the game against the Seattle Seahawks, but he staunchly defends his decision, according to TMZ.

“I didn’t do anything wrong

We did a damn good job … for the most part,” he said.

C'mon bro. Man up.

Yea ridiculous. It really echo's though the attitude/remarks of Pete Carroll, Wilson, and Seattle fans.

So glad the lockout is over. I have been reading a lot of posts (not only just here) about the greed of Goodell in all of this. While I agree...and am happy the refs are back, they also have their own amount of greed in all this. Either way and any way....

Lets get back to football!
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
PFT wrote:
Gene Steratore is great tonight. Every time he talks, it's like, "Yeah, this is how the big boys do it."

Couldn't be happier we got the big boys back. It's a shame it took our team taking a bogus L but i would much rather move on with the regular refs then to have to move on from that game with the scabs still in place.

Absolutley. I mean, if there's an all-pro ref, it's probably Steratore. But regardless, I can't wait to see him, Hochuli, Coleman and the rest out there each week. So much better!

TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
PFT wrote:

Absolutley. I mean, if there's an all-pro ref, it's probably Steratore. But regardless, I can't wait to see him, Hochuli, Coleman and the rest out there each week. So much better!
I didn't even notice the refs in tonight's game and that's a good thing!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
BartStarving wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:
No... It was going to take something like this to get done, and we were the victims in it. It was going to be one of the 32 teams, and we picked the shortest straw. I am just happy its done. Here's to hoping we can go on one hell of a run and get a home game in the playoffs!

Exactly the right attitude, good man.

The season starts this week. Let's start by blocking somebody in the first quarter.

Aaron might have more time in the pocket this weekend. The Saints have as many sacks as Clay has all by his lonesome. Smile

Let's hope so. A good start would be getting a little push in the run game. No, I don't expect this offense to turn into a drive blocking, four yards in a cloud of dust type of line. Nor, would I want that. However, its clear the word is out throughout the league: in the secondary, pay no attention to Packer play fakes and up front, stop the run on the way to Rodgers. Some draws and screens early in games would be nice.
Skeet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did Goodel apologize to Packers fans? I just wish the league would admit they're wrond even though it wouldn't change anything.

I hated how he said a deal would have got done even if the play didn't happen, [inappropriate/removed] Roger.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeet wrote:
So did Goodel apologize to Packers fans? I just wish the league would admit they're wrond even though it wouldn't change anything.

I hated how he said a deal would have got done even if the play didn't happen, [inappropriate/removed] Roger.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/8435645/roger-goodell-says-fans-deserve-better-distractions

Not sure why everyone is blaming Goodell on this anyways. The owners locked out the refs.

People I don't blame for the mess:
The replacement refs - they were thrust into an unfortunate and drastic situation.
The pro refs - The replacement refs made it clear that not just anyone can just come in and do the job they do. They are worth the assets they were asking and fighting to get it.
Goodell: I actually applaud him for doing what he could in a drastic situation and taking all the blame for 31 greedy pigs' arrogance.

PackItIn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/8435645/roger-goodell-says-fans-deserve-better-distractions

Not sure why everyone is blaming Goodell on this anyways. The owners locked out the refs.

The replacement refs - they were thrust into an unfortunate and drastic situation.
The pro refs - The replacement refs made it clear that not just anyone can just come in and do the job they do. They are worth the assets they were asking and fighting to get it.
Goodell: I actually applaud him for doing what he could in a drastic situation and taking all the blame for 31 greedy pigs' arrogance.

How much pull does Mark Murphy have in these decisions? I read that the Patriots and Giants owners were the main ones to make the deal happen. I would like to think that Mark had something to do with the deal...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackItIn wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

How much pull does Mark Murphy have in these decisions? I read that the Patriots and Giants owners were the main ones to make the deal happen. I would like to think that Mark had something to do with the deal...

I left him out because he had nothing to gain by keeping money from the refs. He was likely a part of the meetings and all, but I think he'd have been in favor in anything that brought them back (within reason). His say in suhc a meeting was likely small and unimpactful considering he was the only one who wouldn't be paying the refs himself.

spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandybaby716 wrote:
PackItIn wrote:
Sandybaby716 wrote:
Skeet wrote:

I left him out because he had nothing to gain by keeping money from the refs. He was likely a part of the meetings and all, but I think he'd have been in favor in anything that brought them back (within reason). His say in suhc a meeting was likely small and unimpactful considering he was the only one who wouldn't be paying the refs himself.

I'd fully disagree. The Packers leadership is more rational looking at the long term play. In this case, a big part of the problem was the fact that the NFL wanted to get more control and accountability over the officiating, as well as the long term financial management issues. Id guess if anything that I'd assume Murphy was on the other end of the spectrum looking at the long term best interest rather than the momentary pressure to get a deal done fast.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: