Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

Anyone else extremely impressed with this kid so far? Our defense just seems to gel so well with him on the field. Hasn't made a single bad mistake yet despite being a mid round rookie from a small school. What kind of potential do you think he has? And would we be better off just letting him be the full time starter at SS so we can move Wood back to CB? I personally think so. Until the kid costs us some points and really looks like a green rookie I think we should show the same confidence in him as he has showed in himself to this point.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
Anyone else extremely impressed with this kid so far? Our defense just seems to gel so well with him on the field. Hasn't made a single bad mistake yet despite being a mid round rookie from a small school. What kind of potential do you think he has? And would we be better off just letting him be the full time starter at SS so we can move Wood back to CB? I personally think so. Until the kid costs us some points and really looks like a green rookie I think we should show the same confidence in him as he has showed in himself to this point.

Yup yup yup. It's why I questioned everyone saying safety is a need after the Chicago game (although I guess one game doesn't mean much) but yeah. I think we could lock up a Williams-Burnett-McMillian-Hayward DB corp for a long time. It's crazy to think that he's our 5th/6th best DB right now Shocked whole corp is stepping their game up.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offenses are obviously going to work to get the rookie out of position, it's early he'll eventually be out of position and give up a few plays but he definitely can fly. Don't know if I'd say he should be starting over Woodson, I like some of the corners better then Woodson on the outside now but he's still someone defenses have to account for whenever he's on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

justo wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

Yup yup yup. It's why I questioned everyone saying safety is a need after the Chicago game (although I guess one game doesn't mean much) but yeah. I think we could lock up a Williams-Burnett-McMillian-Hayward DB corp for a long time. It's crazy to think that he's our 5th/6th best DB right now Shocked whole corp is stepping their game up.

I wouldn't be so quick to put Heyward ahead of Shields.

I've been pulling for McMillian since he was drafted, but didn't think he'd work his way onto the field so soon. I think we have our safety of the future for sure. If House gets back to full strength, Shields keeps his current level, and Hayward progresses, I'm very optimistic about the future of this group
driftwood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been a big fan of McMillian from the get go... small time college with the prototype body/size & athleticism (last time the packers drafted 'that guy' they wound up with Nick Collins)

& so far hes filled in very nice for being a rook with large shoes to fill & low expectations

real smart kid too... the way he presents himself is certainly the type of guy this team likes to bring in
justo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
justo wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

I've been pulling for McMillian since he was drafted, but didn't think he'd work his way onto the field so soon. I think we have our safety of the future for sure. If House gets back to full strength, Shields keeps his current level, and Hayward progresses, I'm very optimistic about the future of this group

I didn't I just know that we have Hayward for some time still and Shields is a FA this offseason IIRC.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
justo wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

I didn't I just know that we have Hayward for some time still and Shields is a FA this offseason IIRC.

Yes but Shields is a RFA
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sooo...Jerron Mcmillian... Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
justo wrote:
Macc_Aviv wrote:
justo wrote:
ArodFanboy wrote:

Yes but Shields is a RFA
Don't forget about Davon House either though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly like all our DBs besides Jennings. I think all of them have the upside to be starters in the NFL (except maybe Bush, still quality depth)
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I honestly like all our DBs besides Jennings. I think all of them have the upside to be starters in the NFL (except maybe Bush, still quality depth)

I'm wondering at what point do we not pay Bush anymore. I understand his role but I feel that money could be better spent elsewhere.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:

I'm wondering at what point do we not pay Bush anymore. I understand his role but I feel that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Not saying that the money is totally worth it just for this one aspect of the game, but he's a monster on special teams. Him and Pat Lee were a wreaking crew on SPT last year.
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:

Not saying that the money is totally worth it just for this one aspect of the game, but he's a monster on special teams. Him and Pat Lee were a wreaking crew on SPT last year.

3 years 5.25 mil? He's signed through the end of 2014 and for the price, and his ability both on ST and as a flex CB/S for depth purposes, I'm more with OK with that price tag.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:

2015 when his three year contract is up. He'll be 31 that season and teams is a young man's game even for great gunners like Bush.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
3 years 5.25 mil? He's signed through the end of 2014 and for the price, and his ability both on ST and as a flex CB/S for depth purposes, I'm more with OK with that price tag.
I'm okay with it. Not favorable. You see how many UDFA's and draft picks come in every year? Packers are great at keeping their own guys, that means paying them well. I don't think that Bush should have been one of the dudes that we should have given a favorable contract TBH.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
justo wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
justo wrote:

2015 when his three year contract is up. He'll be 31 that season and teams is a young man's game even for great gunners like Bush.

Was going to say just that. That was likely his final contract with GB. No reason to cut Bush with that deal. But at his age, he probably isn't fixing his flaws. And while no one will say he's a world beater, we could be doing much worse than Bush out there.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: