Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox not sure why Eric Decker slid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has the best offense in the division other than us then it's San Diego. We probably have the best D in the division and neck and neck with the Chargers for the best offense. I don't doubt we will still come out on top. We're only a game down AND we still need to play them twice AND we've used up one of our two "harder" games already AND SD have used up one of their "easier" games already.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You know, the Chiefs made the Falcons defense look silly, scoring on their first 3 possessions of the year and attempting a FG on the 4th. Of course KC's D was so bad Atl eventually got a 10 point lead and at that point Cassel is hopeless deep in the game when they know we have to pass. We actually came back against the Saints but not because of Cassel, but because we stuck with Charles...but that wouldn't have been possible had the D not finally figured things out.

Anyways, I guess the point is either that Falcons D isn't a legit top unit or the Chiefs appear to better than the Broncos on offense. I know you guys think things will get better and with Manning, there's a good chance they will, but I think it's pretty clear KC has the best overall offense in the division...under normal circumstances (close game or with a lead). Clearly we are the worst when Cassel is forced to beat you...it took the perfect storm vs the Saints of great D, 91 yard run, perfect FG kicking, and a safety. That won't happen again.

Still don't understand why our rival fans doubted the Chiefs had the best offense in the division.

Being able to play from behind is part of being a good Offense .. If you aren't balanced enough to do so, then your Offense isn't very good, is it? I actually watched your game against the Falcons in all 22/endzone view, and once the Falcons got a handle on Cassel's intermediate stuff and started to shutdown those stretch plays that Jamaal Charles loves, your Offense completely stopped.

And everyone in the NFL has seen what the Saints Defense is like this year. They haven't stopped anything or anyone.

You're right, the Chiefs aren't a COMPLETE offense...I'm just saying they're the best under normal circumstances which constitute the majority of games. However, the Atlanta Falcons did not start to shut down Jamaal Charles...KC just quit calling his number because the lead got too big with too little time left.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:

Here we go. I knew this would happen once the Chiefs managed to win a game. It was just a matter of time. This is just another indication of why statistics like that are a joke. The Chiefs were busy getting drubbed for basically 2.5 games and racking up garbage time yardage and suddenly they're a great offense. Give me a break.

You guys moved the ball on ATL at home, for a quarter and a half and were promptly shut down after that. The team looked comatose against the juggernaut Bills, and beat a Saints team equivalent to a sieve, oh, and you guys were getting worked by them for awhile before coming to life.

Let's not act like the Chiefs have this ultra dynamic unstoppable offense. Beating the Saints this year has proven to not be an impressive feat (as they can't stop anyone). I think it's completely inaccurate to say the Chiefs have the best offense in the AFCW. That's just homer hyperbole.

I said in another thread...they are rated number one for now, but that doesn't mean they'll stay that high. We shut down against Atl when we got too far behind and is i've admitted we are the worst when playing from behind, Saints game being the exception not the rule. That doesn't mean we aren't the best overall, just not consistent yet, but neither is Den or SD.

Paul-mac, you PROBABLY have the best D in the division? lol SD is the best so far statistically with the easiest schedule, KC & Den are pretty close with KC trending up. I can't say KC IS the best D yet after only one great half, but the signs point that way and I'm not gonna back off from predicting they will be viewed that way soon..we'll see how it plays out.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does any of this have to do with Decker?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 win against a Saints team who gave it away and KC fans are back to being world beaters. Color me shocked.

Seriously. Whenever KC get a win, their fans are start running wild about them being the best offense and the best defense, with the best talent ever in the division.

Shut up, eat your BBQ ribs and win a meaningful game. Even in beating the Saints, they were getting their stool pushed in for 3 quarters until the Saints folded as they have against 2 other poor teams in Washington and Carolina.

I like when the Chiefs suck, Romeo pouts and the same KC fan who started this chest thumping authors this thread in the general forum:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=499256

He went from 'so the Chiefs suck' to KC is the best blah blah blah in the course of a week. Again, settle down and let's see where they go from here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Donut wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
Never seen that before from a WR. New one on me. Should we start a collection to buy him a skirt?

Who was it that compared him to Eddie Mac? Sorry, but Eddie gets another 10+ and maybe drags somebody into the endzone.
He probably gets 6 more yrds.

It's the "probably" that bugs me. How may hundreds of "improbable" plays have you seen in the NFL?

DB's bouncing off each other and the WR breaking free, just to name one example. The probablies and maybes shouldn't enter into the conversation which is why he needs to finish the play.
I'm not defending him just saying the it could've been a TD and eddie mac hyperbole is a bit unfair. Depending on how e ran though even if he broke a tackle one of the others chasing should be in position to make the play unless someone is lazy.
I'm not defending him sliding is a dumb play that the coach will probably point out and mock enough in the future that he'll hopefull never do it again.

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I think everyone agrees Manning is not the old Manning. Which was to be expected, especially this early on in the season. I think everyone also thinks he will get better, not to his old level, of course. But better than he is right now.

To say: "Nobody wants to point out his arm is shot. He can't hit tight windows anymore. His game is dink and dunk now." I think is an overreaction and not true. He definitely has made some crap throws, but he has gunned some stuff too. There were like 4 to 5 drops on Sunday on some balls that were legit.

It's been a year snce playing. I expect some rusy and some error throws. Usually QBs w/ extended time off from playing have weaker accuracy to start.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
JRebar913

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
1 win against a Saints team who gave it away and KC fans are back to being world beaters. Color me shocked.

Seriously. Whenever KC get a win, their fans are start running wild about them being the best offense and the best defense, with the best talent ever in the division.

Shut up, eat your BBQ ribs and win a meaningful game. Even in beating the Saints, they were getting their stool pushed in for 3 quarters until the Saints folded as they have against 2 other poor teams in Washington and Carolina.

I like when the Chiefs suck, Romeo pouts and the same KC fan who started this chest thumping authors this thread in the general forum:

He went from 'so the Chiefs suck' to KC is the best blah blah blah in the course of a week. Again, settle down and let's see where they go from here.

thats all true! haha i live in kc so i witness it first hand.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Still don't understand why our rival fans doubted the Chiefs had the best offense in the division.

The Chefs don't have the best anything in the division.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

But...but...NFL.com rankings says they're #1 offense in the league so obviously it must be true.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

What did I say any different than what was discussed before the season? Most of us have also stuck with having the best talent, despite the first 2 games. It's not like we're going back n forth. Clearly something was wrong, but it's not talent except at QB and we never denied that.

The Saints didn't really GIVE anything away....it was the Chiefs with 3 turnovers to the Saints 1...they didn't go conservative either, they simply couldn't move the ball once the KC did started playing up to it's capabilities. The Chiefs D isn't a top unit yet this year, they still have to do it consistently, but it's a good start.

I did say the Chiefs suck...and they did. I also said they could turn it around if they figured out the defensive problems...which they did. So what is your issue?

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

But...but...NFL.com rankings says they're #1 offense in the league so obviously it must be true.

You guys are a joke, i've said twice now that the #1 ranking doesn't mean they'll stay there nor does it mean they are #1 right now....but it does give evidence to support the belief they will have the best offense in the division this year.

AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
You guys are a joke, i've said twice now that the #1 ranking doesn't mean they'll stay there nor does it mean they are #1 right now....but it does give evidence to support the belief they will have the best offense in the division this year.

As I have said all off-season, they're a one dimensional running offense with a terrible Quarterback and only one receiver worth talking about.

But man, that Jonathan Baldwin. Not even Chaz Schilens had as much talent as this guy.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

As I have said all off-season, they're a one dimensional running offense with a terrible Quarterback and only one receiver worth talking about.

But man, that Jonathan Baldwin. Not even Chaz Schilens had as much talent as this guy.

That's actually pretty accurate, I'm not even gonna argue that there is more than 1 receiver worth talking about outside the KC area...That doesn't mean it's not a top notch receiving core with plenty of talent that is under utilized by Cassel. But still used enough because of the great running game to be the best offense in the division...they got some of the best run after catch guys in the league in Bowe, Breaston, McCluster, and Charles.

broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

That's actually pretty accurate, I'm not even gonna argue that there is more than 1 receiver worth talking about outside the KC area...That doesn't mean it's not a top notch receiving core with plenty of talent that is under utilized by Cassel. But still used enough because of the great running game to be the best offense in the division...they got some of the best run after catch guys in the league in Bowe, Breaston, McCluster, and Charles.

Dexter McCluster is an incredibly overrated and overhyped player. He's the definition of inconsistent...that or the Chiefs just neglect to use him properly. Steve Breaston is a general non-factor and appears to not get anywhere near enough touches to be labeled a dynamic YAC guy. Bowe is obviously talented, Charles is obviously talented. On the whole, the Chiefs don't have a receiving corps that scares me, but that could easily just be because they don't use it properly.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

Dexter McCluster is an incredibly overrated and overhyped player. He's the definition of inconsistent...that or the Chiefs just neglect to use him properly. Steve Breaston is a general non-factor and appears to not get anywhere near enough touches to be labeled a dynamic YAC guy. Bowe is obviously talented, Charles is obviously talented. On the whole, the Chiefs don't have a receiving corps that scares me, but that could easily just be because they don't use it properly.

You are finally starting to catch on. Breaston was a factor last year...run after catch might be his best asset...but he was still #2 WR on a team that had no QB. He's not a huge factor this year because of the combination of Cassel and the WR core along with the TE's and RB's all being good options.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: