Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Sheep
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Week 4: Seattle Seahawks @ St. Louis Sheep Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (2-1)

@

St. Louis Sheep Turds (1-2)

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

Sorry guys. Just don't have time for a story this week, really bogged down by school. Sorry this is up so late. Sucks because I love making stories for the Rams games.

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. I hate the sheep with nearly every fiber of my body. If any of them come in here, just troll the hell out of them and call them names! As always, Give 'em hell.

Prediction: 23-20 W

3 Keys To Winning
1. Staying Angry
This team must flush last weeks game out of their minds. They cannot play lingering on the controversy of that call. Focus is going to be a big aspect of this game, and I'm hoping the defense channels that into anger against the Rams offense and continues to display the relentless pass rush that we saw on Monday.
2. Open Up The Offense
Bevell was cozy sitting on a 7 point lead last week and our offense looked like horse crap. He needs to get the offense going more quickly and attacking downfield to keep the defense honest.
3. Establish The Run
The only way our offense is going to be able to be efficient in this ball game is to establish the run early with a heavy dose of Beast Mode. Russell Wilson was looking MUCH better when the defense had to respect the run and I expect the same this week. Rams are an above average defense, really. We need to keep drives going to keep our defense fresh.

Key Matchup of the Game: Marshawn Lynch vs Front 7 - If we don't run the ball well, we won't win. Simple as that. The running game sets up everything else for us and Beast Mode is going to have to have another big primetime game for us to have another upset.

This isn't nearly as much of a must-win as last week, but it's an even bigger statement game for this team going up against one of the best teams in the league on national television. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 3 keys to a win:

1. Pass-Rush, Pass-Rush, Pass-Rush. The Rams might have 3 o-linemen miss this game, and the Rams have already given up 12 sacks in 3 games so far this year.

2. The secondary needs to hold up and give the pass-rush a chance to get to Bradford, Don't let Danny Amendola beat us the guys has 25-catches for 296-yds and a TD.. and also, With the Reg. Refs coming back this weekend the 'Legend of Doom' needs to keep the PI's down (play smart BB)

3. The WRs need to GET OPEN!, I couldn't believe the lack of separation they were getting vs. Green Bay, and also, Words of advise to our WRs, DO NOT let Cortland Finnegan get under your skin, the guy is the same kinda guys you face in practice every day, he tries to intimidate his opponent.. (just turn and walk away)..

Game Score Prediction:

Hawks: 27

Rams: 10

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the story times, this was the one I was most looking forward to.

Oh well, understandable.

Kempes

#JDI
BBIB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see how your team responds to the entire nation led by the media trying to discredit their latest win.

No one in the media is interesting in challenging that narrative

No one is interested in pointing to the fact that Packers got points because of poor officiating as well
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
It will be interesting to see how your team responds to the entire nation led by the media trying to discredit their latest win.

No one in the media is interesting in challenging that narrative

No one is interested in pointing to the fact that Packers got points because of poor officiating as well

It's that Seattle biased i was watching NFL AM on Monday they had Wyman on and all they wanted to talk about was the play at the end when he was trying to talk about the defense.

It felt like the NFL Network was trying to interrogate Pete to in his interview i thought Pete handled it pretty well.

Quote:
Early Tuesday morning, shortly after 3 a.m., I was asked to call into a show on the NFL Network called "NFL AM" to discuss the Seahawks' Monday night win over Green Bay.

I knew they would have plenty of questions about the "simultaneous catch" but I thought I could squeeze in a sentence or two about the amazing performance by Seattle's defense. When I did, the host cut me off. "No offense," she said, and it was back to the topic of the catch.

Since then, the national media has descended on our peaceful little town, treated us like a bunch of hicks claiming to have seen Bigfoot, labeled us cheaters and asked our head coach to apologize for the win.

Lost in all the attention and focus on Golden Tate's questionable catch for a game-winning touchdown is a defensive effort that will be scary to any future opponent. The national media may not want to take note, but rest assured offensive coordinators across the league are wringing their hands over how to generate points against a defense that has allowed an average of just 13 per game.

The prolific Packers offense had not been held under 300 yards in 18 straight regular-season games. Seattle's defense only gave up 268 yards, including just 87 in the first half. The Seahawks' eight sacks in the first half lifted them to fifth in the league in that category – the one that needed most improvement from last year.

Statistics aside, it's the details that are most impressive and in any football game, the little things are what matters most.

http://mynorthwest.com/275/914604/Seattle-not-full-of-cheaters-who-saw-Bigfoot
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
Of all the story times, this was the one I was most looking forward to.

Oh well, understandable.

I may get one up if I get a window of time to do it. I don't think you guys realize how long it takes to think of all that crap Laughing If I don't get it done I'll just make the next Rams storytime epiccer than anything!
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense SoS, but who needs a story when you have a pic of the lovely "Erin" up there?

I think you're first key to the game was spot on. This team NEEDS to forget all the media garbage from the Packers game and get focused on St Louis in a hurry. I know the stats say the Rams are abysmal so far this year, they rank close to the bottom of the league in offense and defense so far, but this is a division game on the road and that makes the stats a little less relevant. We NEED this game. The 'Hawks need to prove they can win on the road, they usually struggle, plus we are already 0-1 in the division, so we can't let this one get away. If we want to be considered a contender, this is a game we must win.

I disagree that we need to establish the run first. I think we need to establish a passing attack. Our pass game has been inconsistent at best. We need to get Wilson into a rhythm early and take control of the intermediate pass game, 10-15 yards downfield and show that we can move the ball in the air. The run game will be there when we want it, but if we go to it too early we could become one-dimensional very fast. I don't remember where the Rams rank in pass D, but I don't think it's very high, so this would be a great team to iron out the kinks in our passing attack against.

My 3rd key is that we MUST get out to a decent lead and take the refs out of the game. With all the scrutiny that happened and the thoughts that the 'Hawks got "lucky" and didn't deserve the win, I think that the refs could be a bit biased in their calls. I doubt that we get many borderline calls on Sunday. Thankfully the regular refs are going to be back, this should alleviate some of the bias, I truly believe that if the replacement officials were here we were going to get housed on a ton of calls. I won't go so far as to say the league would explicitly tell officials to screw the 'Hawks over, but I won't say it's out of the realm of possibility either. The 'Hawks just need to get a big lead and not let the officials decide the game.

I think the 'Hawks are clearly a better team than the Rams at this point, but if they don't come out with a chip on their shoulder they could lose this game.

Seahawks 34
Rams 9

Sheldon Cooper
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we're all that much better to be honest. Both teams feature pretty inept offenses and both teams have very good defenses, though I'd say ours is better. Considering they're at home, I think this game is going to be very close. I'm not all that confident.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really intrigued to see how focused the Seahawks are. Can they ignore all the distractions and focus on the task at hand. After a chaotic week of essentially 24/7 media coverage - can they step up when it's time to play football? Lots of young players on the roster - will they be ready?

I'm thinking Seahawks 17 - Rams 13
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think it was possible for me to

A] Be disappointed with an SOS game thread and
B] To like the Rams at all

BUT; SOS has done both in this thread. A] This game thread sucks SOS, you are better. Wink B] Hello Erin.
maladeen3917

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In b4 El Ramster

Sig Bet Anyone? Wink
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to the fact that this is a home game following a Nationally televised game, I definitely think this could be a trap game.

STL is a VERY good team and in my opinion will be around the .500 mark.

The only reason I'm more confident than I would normally be is because their Oline is shot. If we put pressure on Bradford and cover like we do- then we will have a few sacks and turnovers.

"We all we got, we all we need"
JJ89

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we win a close low scoring game, with D or ST scoring a TD. Something like 17-13.

I really think we need to win this game and go 3-1 with some very tough games coming up. This is the defenses chance to step up on the road and show that they can be elite without the help of the 12th man. If we see the passrush getting solid pressure on Bradford I think the D will show up big with a couple of interceptions.

I see Sherman and Thomas getting a pick each!

Last edited by JJ89 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my bet is on Seattle winning this one but I want to have something riding on this game and I'm tired of my old sig.

SOS/Imani/Tatupu...sig bet?

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maladeen3917 wrote:
In b4 El Ramster

Sig Bet Anyone? Wink

I would be all over that bet..... I just don't have the equipment or know how to make one...

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: