Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HOF Nominees - Sapp and Lynch
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3810
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: HOF Nominees - Sapp and Lynch Reply with quote

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/9/27/2013-nominees-for-football-hall-of-fame/?module=HP11_headline_stack

This is the first time either one of them has come up to be elected to the Hall of Fame. I think everyone agree that Lynch probably won't be a first ballot as he is going against people like Eric Allen, Steve Atwater and Leroy Butler, that's just the DB section. Should be interesting to see how makes it to a finalist. If Sapp, Lynch, Barber or Brooks ever make it in. I'll be booking a flight hopefully the next day.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7257
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see Brooks and maybe Barber getting in. Don't think Sapp gets the nod, just my opinion though.

Lynch has no chance.
_________________


Last edited by eggybucsfan31 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2925
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah! I can't wait to go to Canton for the first time ever now! Both should be first ballot.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
2012 - Doug Martin
2013 - Darrelle Revis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7838
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp should get the nod 1st ballot but them again it depends on the voters. His play on the field certainly warrants it but voters weren't big on his attitude and character
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4213
Location: PA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Hell yeah! I can't wait to go to Canton for the first time ever now! Both should be first ballot.


Sapp may get the nod but I can't see Lynch getting it. Lynch will likely wait a long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24373
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBando


Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 7550
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp has the stats to get in. He just wasn't a nice person. Sad that they will use that against him.
_________________
Adopt-A-Buc Mason Foster

garbage
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8820
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. I would love to make the trip and watch live!

I think Sapp gets in first try. Lynch will have to wait but will eventually get in.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1862
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for nearly 20 years after Doug Williams left. All those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.

Last edited by indifference on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24373
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for after Doug Williams left and all those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.


I agree. Tampa within the next decade (and probably sooner) will have 3 HOFers to brag about. I think Lynch has potential given his style and value to the franchise. But he is of course below the three you mentioned. As a corollary I think Dungy will get in as well.

Barber, when his time finally comes will be a 1st ballot HOFer.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1862
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for after Doug Williams left and all those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.


I agree. Tampa within the next decade (and probably sooner) will have 3 HOFers to brag about. I think Lynch has potential given his style and value to the franchise. But he is of course below the three you mentioned. As a corollary I think Dungy will get in as well.

Barber, when his time finally comes will be a 1st ballot HOFer.
Yeah, Lynch is questionable at this point. I think Dungy is still bitter towards the Glazer family for the firing so it'll make an interesting scene to see when he gives his speech. I'll be in Canton that weekend to see those guys enshrined in. Cool
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9085
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp and Lynch are both semifinalists.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-nfl-hall-of-fame-class-of-2013-semifinalists-announced-20121130,0,787702.story

Quote:
Newcomers, presented in the politically correct alphabetic order by the Hall of Fame, are guard/tackle Larry Allen (1994-2007, Cowboys, 49ers), kicker Morten Andersen (1982-2004, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Chiefs, Vikings), safety John Lynch (1993-2007, Buccaneers, Broncos), offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden (1996-2007, Ravens), defensive tackle Warren Sapp (1995-2004, Buccaneers, Raiders) and defensive end Michael Strahan (1993-2007, Giants).

The list of 27 will be reduced to 15 modern-era finalists in January, by another mail ballot from the 44 selectors. Two senior nominees announced in August -- defensive tackle Curley Culp and linebacker Dave Robinson -- will complete the roster of 17 finalists, from which the Class of 2013 will be selected Saturday, Feb. 2 in New Orleans, the day before the Super Bowl.

_________________


Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buccaneer4life


Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 3528
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barber and Brooks for sure get in, and I also think Sapp will get in. Sapp prob wont be a first ballot HOFer but he will get in. When you think of the best DT's to ever rush the passer Warren Sapp is the guy you think of. He's who all the pass rushing DT's coming into the NFL get compared to and he set the standard for that position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1258
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sapp might have to wait until next year to get in. Lynch will probably wait for awhile. Both though, in my opinion, are deserving of the recognition.
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 24373
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I think Barber and Brooks for sure get in, and I also think Sapp will get in. Sapp prob wont be a first ballot HOFer but he will get in. When you think of the best DT's to ever rush the passer Warren Sapp is the guy you think of. He's who all the pass rushing DT's coming into the NFL get compared to and he set the standard for that position.


I agree with this. I am kinda shocked (and pleased) to see Lynch make it this far.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group