Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HOF Nominees - Sapp and Lynch
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: HOF Nominees - Sapp and Lynch Reply with quote

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/9/27/2013-nominees-for-football-hall-of-fame/?module=HP11_headline_stack

This is the first time either one of them has come up to be elected to the Hall of Fame. I think everyone agree that Lynch probably won't be a first ballot as he is going against people like Eric Allen, Steve Atwater and Leroy Butler, that's just the DB section. Should be interesting to see how makes it to a finalist. If Sapp, Lynch, Barber or Brooks ever make it in. I'll be booking a flight hopefully the next day.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see Brooks and maybe Barber getting in. Don't think Sapp gets the nod, just my opinion though.

Lynch has no chance.

Last edited by eggybucsfan31 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mfw096

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah! I can't wait to go to Canton for the first time ever now! Both should be first ballot.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp should get the nod 1st ballot but them again it depends on the voters. His play on the field certainly warrants it but voters weren't big on his attitude and character
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
Hell yeah! I can't wait to go to Canton for the first time ever now! Both should be first ballot.

Sapp may get the nod but I can't see Lynch getting it. Lynch will likely wait a long time.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp has the stats to get in. He just wasn't a nice person. Sad that they will use that against him.

garbage
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. I would love to make the trip and watch live!

I think Sapp gets in first try. Lynch will have to wait but will eventually get in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While I love Lynch, I see him waiting a few years. I have Sapp getting in this year which is surprising giving the quality of talent still untapped for DL. Still. I think his numbers and ring and even NFL personality will put him over the edge and make him a 1st ballot guy.
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for nearly 20 years after Doug Williams left. All those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.

Last edited by indifference on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for after Doug Williams left and all those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.

I agree. Tampa within the next decade (and probably sooner) will have 3 HOFers to brag about. I think Lynch has potential given his style and value to the franchise. But he is of course below the three you mentioned. As a corollary I think Dungy will get in as well.

Barber, when his time finally comes will be a 1st ballot HOFer.

In Redball I Trust!
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I have Sapp, Brooks, and Barber all as locks to the HOF. Only because they were a huge component in changing a franchise around. Tampa Bay was the laughing stock of the NFL for after Doug Williams left and all those players I named above were responsible for turning this organization around.

I agree. Tampa within the next decade (and probably sooner) will have 3 HOFers to brag about. I think Lynch has potential given his style and value to the franchise. But he is of course below the three you mentioned. As a corollary I think Dungy will get in as well.

Barber, when his time finally comes will be a 1st ballot HOFer.
Yeah, Lynch is questionable at this point. I think Dungy is still bitter towards the Glazer family for the firing so it'll make an interesting scene to see when he gives his speech. I'll be in Canton that weekend to see those guys enshrined in. Cool
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapp and Lynch are both semifinalists.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-nfl-hall-of-fame-class-of-2013-semifinalists-announced-20121130,0,787702.story

Quote:
Newcomers, presented in the politically correct alphabetic order by the Hall of Fame, are guard/tackle Larry Allen (1994-2007, Cowboys, 49ers), kicker Morten Andersen (1982-2004, Saints, Falcons, Giants, Chiefs, Vikings), safety John Lynch (1993-2007, Buccaneers, Broncos), offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden (1996-2007, Ravens), defensive tackle Warren Sapp (1995-2004, Buccaneers, Raiders) and defensive end Michael Strahan (1993-2007, Giants).

The list of 27 will be reduced to 15 modern-era finalists in January, by another mail ballot from the 44 selectors. Two senior nominees announced in August -- defensive tackle Curley Culp and linebacker Dave Robinson -- will complete the roster of 17 finalists, from which the Class of 2013 will be selected Saturday, Feb. 2 in New Orleans, the day before the Super Bowl.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Barber and Brooks for sure get in, and I also think Sapp will get in. Sapp prob wont be a first ballot HOFer but he will get in. When you think of the best DT's to ever rush the passer Warren Sapp is the guy you think of. He's who all the pass rushing DT's coming into the NFL get compared to and he set the standard for that position.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sapp might have to wait until next year to get in. Lynch will probably wait for awhile. Both though, in my opinion, are deserving of the recognition.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer4life wrote:
I think Barber and Brooks for sure get in, and I also think Sapp will get in. Sapp prob wont be a first ballot HOFer but he will get in. When you think of the best DT's to ever rush the passer Warren Sapp is the guy you think of. He's who all the pass rushing DT's coming into the NFL get compared to and he set the standard for that position.

I agree with this. I am kinda shocked (and pleased) to see Lynch make it this far.

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: