Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 3: Texans [2-0] at Broncos [1-1]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbronx42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
Well he did come in here guns firing on John Elway and the franchise. So I would say it's valid.

Precisely. I don't like someone coming in our forum roasting our team when they have 1 playoff win in 10 years. Calling our team thugs because a late hit happened? One we all basically agree is illegal in today's NFL. But Joe Mays apologized right after the game and Schaub said there were no hard feelings. I don't appreciate calling out not only our current team, but teams of years past. Including John Elway.

So yes. I will post a picture of our 2 SB's. I don't care if the Texans have been in existence since 2002. We had as many playoff wins just last year then they had in a decade. The Texans are 3-0 and he feels he needs to come yap his mouth to the fans of the Broncos because he didn't like a hit one of our players made. Boo freaking hoo. The guy who ACTUALLY GOT HIT said there were "no hard feelings."

Just move on. Go enjoy planning your Super Bowl parade party. Before i go, your 3-0 and you beat the Dolphins and the Jaguars. HOLY COW!! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
You won the game, Shaub didn't get seriously hurt how about you move on? Mays will get what he deserves so why does it bother you so much? It didn't go uncalled and he's going to pay for it, get over it.

You don't see anyone here crying about how Nate Irving got blocked in the back on the play he was hurt do you?

Shaub says he cannot hear you.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
You won the game, Shaub didn't get seriously hurt how about you move on? Mays will get what he deserves so why does it bother you so much? It didn't go uncalled and he's going to pay for it, get over it.

You don't see anyone here crying about how Nate Irving got blocked in the back on the play he was hurt do you?

Seriously, WHY (was typing from a cell) don't you have your own show?

Laughing

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

Last edited by BroncoinGermany on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Joe Mays DIDN'T let up on the hit, there is a very good chance that Matt Schaub would no longer be with us today so he better count his lucky stars that the hitman showed mercy on his soul.

I think all this hitting crap is BS. Sure, by all means, WRs are QBs are so special and take such a beating. RBs don't do anything. They can have their brains beaten all they want. All these penalties for hitting a player in a certain area are BS.

If I was out there about to hammer someone over the middle during a play, I don't think I'll be able to pause for a moment and remember to hit him lower. Concussions are unfortunately a part of the game. Get over it or retire. You knew the risks when you put on the helmet for the first time. I've had 9 and I'm still playing in my sophomore year of college.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Seriously, won't don't you have your own show?

Laughing

LOL! Maybe I can take over for Woody Paige when he retires. But, he told me won't retire soon, because he has the best job in the world. He gets to watch sports and then talk about it. He says that he would be doing this in retirement anyway, so why not get paid for it.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some notes from all 22 :-

* Manning missed a very easy throw on that 1st drive to a wide open Jacob Tamme. Zane Beadles got beat by a stunting JJ Watt, but the pocket didn't collapse bad enough to not make that throw (Manning was throwing to his right, Watt was coming from his left).

* Not sure if you remember it, but on our 2nd drive we tried Play Action out of a 1 WR, 2 TE, 1 FB, 1 RB look. The throw ended up being to incomplete to Thomas who was being covered by Joseph (had Safety help over the top so he was in very tight coverage). However, the Texans got away with the most blatant Defensive holding you will ever see. Cushing bites so bad on the Play Action, then when he realises Chris Gronkowski is running a route, he just yanks him back ... Awful officiating to not spot that.

* Sure looked like Manning can still squeeze the ball into coverage on the 3rd and 6 that followed. He lasered one into Tamme in between two defenders.

(Forgot United were on - will be back with more later)

MUFC OK
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More notes:

* That zone stretch play we ran with Lance Ball was a disaster. Franklin was supposed to cut the Texans LE, and he missed by about 3 feet ... Negative play from the get go.

* No complaints with the pocket through the first two Offensive series.

* I don't like how often Tracy Porter is in the trail position as a CB. It is quite phenomenal the difference between him and Champ. Sure, if you have Safety help over the top, it means you can gamble a bit by playing slightly underneath your man. But why not just try and play closer man coverage over the top of your guy? Why gamble so much on being underneath the WR? It may well lead to big plays for our Defense by playing that way, but it leads to a lot of big plays for the opposing Offense too.

* The Andre Johnson TD is obviously related to the above. Obviously, the route concept is directly challenging the discipline of the FS (Mike Adams in this instance). They send the TE on the intermediate crossing route with Johnson running over the top of him with what looks like a skinny post (two moves involved). Adams, as a Centrefield FS, is looking at Schaub the whole way. Owen Daniels comes open on the crosser and Adams bites. Schaub sees this and throws the easiest deep pass he will ever throw. Now Adams can't jump on that route until the ball is thrown, because he has hung his CB out to dry. With that said, Porter has been beaten by Johnson far too easily. He needs to start staying on top of his opposition's routes when he has Safety help over the top.

* Need a better throw by Manning on the long completion to Decker off Play Action. Hit him in stride and Decker is 1v1 with the ball in hand. Plenty of velocity and distance on the throw, but it is too far in front of Decker for YAC.

* The Texans basically play a 4-3 Defense in terms of their gap control. Identical gap concept to our base Defense.

* Another stretch play to the left, and yet another time Franklin is too slow to get on the inside of the Texans LE. This time it is JJ Watt, and he blows the play up at the LOS.

* 1st sack given up is a total wreck on the right side of our OL. Franklin is bullrushed into Manning's lap by Brooks Reed, and JJ Watt uses a great stutter step move to beat Ramirez for the half sack. Not got a clue why JD Walton is sliding to help Beadles rather than help Ramirez.

* When Elvis is the DE on the weak side of the formation, teams are just going to motion their TE or FB and pound the ball at him. The Texans have done it twice on this particular drive, with runs of 8 yards and 18 yards being the result. The 2nd time we tried put Elvis at LE as the TE was on the other side of the formation. All the Texans did is shift him in motion, our LB's did a terrible job of shifting over (i.e they didn't) and the Texans proceeded to simply smash James Casey (the FB) up in the hole between RT and RG. Easy as you like.

* Remember in the Falcons thread I mentioned that the Falcons got two positive plays from naked bootlegs with a Receiver coming back across (and under) the formation? I said it was a staple of the Texans Offense, and they tried it right at Von Miller as the Falcons had. Again, Miller went down the line way too soon, but luckily we had blitzed Mike Adams off the backend so Schaub had no choice but to get rid of the ball.

* On 3rd and 10 early in the 2nd, we went with Adams and Leonhard playing at the LOS with Carter and Moore as the Safeties. Texans converted on a nice route by Martin?

* Del Rio needs to stop with the rubbish of putting our DT's in coverage. And inside the 5 yard line? Jeez ...

Will watch the rest of the 2nd quarter tomorrow.

MUFC OK
dbronx42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
* Del Rio needs to stop with the rubbish of putting our DT's in coverage. And inside the 5 yard line? Jeez ...

I could not agree more. It was disgusting watching Kevin Vickerson trying to cover Arian Foster on that 3 yard TD pass. Not looking forward to McFadden's speed if that situation arises on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop pointing out Franklin's errors lomaxgr, that's not fitting into the established narrative that the Broncos interior line are terrible and the Tackles are great.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Stop pointing out Franklin's errors lomaxgr, that's not fitting into the established narrative that the Broncos interior line are terrible and the Tackles are great.
Nobody has said that our Tackles are great but there is no denying they are superior to all the interior players.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton are better players than Orlando Franklin.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further notes :-

* Willis McGahee has missed a couple of opportunities in this half by picking the wrong hole. His patience is very good, but his vision has been a little off this game. Seems to not be trusting the holes inside.

* The officiating has been awful in this half. Another missed call, this time on Von Miller who absolutely smokes the Texans RT with an inside stutter move. The RT (Newton) just pulls Miller back to avoid Schaub getting hit, and somehow the back judge doesn't see it. Unreal.

* Von still struggles big time with contain against zone blocking teams. That reverse the Texans ran was all on him. He bought the Play Action so so so badly.

* Justin Bannan and Derek Wolfe played well for a lot of the 2nd quarter. We eventually got to grips with the Texans running game, but boy did we get owned before that.

* Pretty much every 3rd and long saw Mike Adams playing in the box in man coverage on Owen Daniels. I think he did a good job, despite a couple of completions. Schaub has excellent location on his throws, and even tight man coverage isn't enough sometimes.

* On the JJ Watt sack near the end of the half (1st play after the WW INT) I don't think Manny Ramirez did anything wrong to be honest. In fact, I think Manning gets happy feet and steps way too far into the front end of the pocket when he has a solid pocket to operate from. The fact that the sack only lost 3 yards shows that Ramirez certainly didn't get shoved far back into the pocket. That sack is on Manning, not Ramirez.

Hopefully watch the 2nd half later tonight.

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
I could not agree more. It was disgusting watching Kevin Vickerson trying to cover Arian Foster on that 3 yard TD pass. Not looking forward to McFadden's speed if that situation arises on Sunday.

Oh, just for the record, according to Fox this play was a mental error by someone on the defense and Vickerson was actually supposed to have help on the play.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton are better players than Orlando Franklin.
Unless Beadles is pulling, he's worthless. Especially in pass protection. Walton isn't good at anything.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
* That zone stretch play we ran with Lance Ball was a disaster. Franklin was supposed to cut the Texans LE, and he missed by about 3 feet ... Negative play from the get go.

When you have to double team the play side End all play long without someone eventually getting to the next level(and it was Jared Crick the 4th DE for god's sake), and when your Fullback has to chip the playside Outside Linebacker Reed, the playside ILB is left to just pursue the back and make a tackle. Frankly I don't know what the play is supposed to be. But usually on a play like that the LT will block the outside shoulder of the DE and the double teaming Beadles would then use his momentum coming left to push the guy further left, and the LT would go to block at the second level. At least this is how zone blocking teams do it.

Instead, the double team was almost wasted, because Clady handled the DE by himself and all Beadles could do was basically help Clady get a bit more push by getting behind him, with no room to block at the second level in a highly cramped area. I don't know if this is a bad play or bad execution. But on a stretch play like this you generally want to block the playside Linebacker as he is the primary pursuit player.

Maybe it was just a matter of the Fullback needing to do so, and he couldn't because of Reed, but if that's the case that still would seem to string the play outside too much unecessarily(whereas in the scenario I described there would be a hole where the playside DE was moved, which isn't as far outside as trying to run around Reed. Of course if it's zone blocking it's even better because the Fullback chooses whether to block Reed or James or whoever, but it would probably be Clady blocks James and the Fullback either doubling on Reed or trying to block a Safety downfield and the runner can choose whichever direction to go).

Russell2Bailey wrote:
Unless Beadles is pulling, he's worthless. Especially in pass protection. Walton isn't good at anything.

You're so wrong but I'm not going to explain to you how wrong you are.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: