Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And let's give credit when it's deserved like this draft, and not defending players who don't deserve to be.

QFT! QFT! QFT!
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
It'd be easier to say "even a blind squirel finds a nut every once in awhile" - but it's possible we could be.

Broadway Joe wrote:
let's give credit when it's deserved like this draft, and not defending players who don't deserve to be.

Good posts guys. Well put.
beachside_eagle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was some discussion either before or after the draft that the FO was changing their draft philosophy. Hopefully, given the success of our rookies, they stick with this years philosophy.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watkins have been a disappointment, but let's not crown him as JaMarcus Russell.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
The only two points I was trying to make were that Danny Watkins sucks, there's ZERO reason to defend him. Along with that our expectations as fan base for our draft picks in unacceptable. We literally expect nothing out of our draft picks, if they are still with the team in three/four years it's a success.

What Flecter Cox and Kendricks are doing right now, THAT'S what you should be getting out of high round draft picks - not how Patterson, Graham, or Watkins performed.

I have a request for you and for you only.

Please watch this. Don't worry, it's Youtube and workplace friendly.

Watch Watkins on every play.

And then come back to me and still tell me this guy has no reason to be defended.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
I pointed out these problems well before the season started. The "we have bigger fish to fry people" should chime in. Avant has always looked like a whale to me...

Should I google whether a whale being a mammal makes it eligible for being a fish or can I look forward to your didactic intervention Eagles 808?

Avant and Maclin are you problem children?

Quote:
The Eagles set team records this season with 356 first downs and 6,386 total net yards. The previous records were 332 first downs (1981) and 6,230 yards (2010).

Quote:
The top five net yardage totals in team history have occurred in the last six seasons

Quote:
They also racked up 4,276 gross passing yards, which is the third-highest total in franchise history Prior to this season (Jackson 961, Maclin 859, Celek 811), no Eagles team had ever featured three receivers with over 800 receiving yards apiece

source

So, Maclin + Avant on the team = historical offensive records.

And yet, our ailing defense, that had to recover the loss of both Dawkins and Jim Johnson was not a bigger fish to fry?

How was Avant the "whale" while McDermott was coordinator?

How was Avant the "whale" while we had Will James starting at corner?

How was Avant the "whale" while we had a dozen guys rotating in and out of each and every linebacker spot?

Over the years, the Eagles have added tremendous talent to fix our problems.

Not enough turnovers? Add Asante. Problem fixed.

Not enough pressure? Sign Babin. Problem fixed.

Cornerbacks aging? Sign Asomugh and trade for DRC.

Never at any point since Jim Johnson's death and the purging of our veteran team was Avant "the whale". We have priorities, especially on defense, that needed to be addressed and are still being address to this day.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please, don't be ignorant and act like the Pro Bowl is in any way a credible barometer of success.

It's a popularity contest and unless your name appeals to the casual fan, you will never be voted in.

I shouldn't have to explain why the Pro Bowl is a stupid way to measure one's success.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
It'd be easier to say "even a blind squirel finds a nut every once in awhile" - but it's possible we could be.

Broadway Joe wrote:
let's give credit when it's deserved like this draft, and not defending players who don't deserve to be.

I call bull crap on BJ's quote.

I see a lot of people attacking players who don't deserve to be attacked.

But in a league where fans send death threats to players who make mistakes in a game, is it all that surprising?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
The only two points I was trying to make were that Danny Watkins sucks, there's ZERO reason to defend him. Along with that our expectations as fan base for our draft picks in unacceptable. We literally expect nothing out of our draft picks, if they are still with the team in three/four years it's a success.

What Flecter Cox and Kendricks are doing right now, THAT'S what you should be getting out of high round draft picks - not how Patterson, Graham, or Watkins performed.

I have a request for you and for you only.

Please watch this. Don't worry, it's Youtube and workplace friendly.

Watch Watkins on every play.

And then come back to me and still tell me this guy has no reason to be defended.

Note Danny's excellent pull/pass block at 1:40. Pretty difficult block against a guy who stands at the LoS in a 2 point stance, unblocked.

edit: excellent blitz pick-up at 3:05.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Broadway Joe wrote:

But in a league where fans send death threats to players who make mistakes in a game, is it all that surprising?

If anything we need to be more critical of this team. I mean here in FF. There's plenty of people who trash people who doesn't deserve to be. But here in FF the majority is the other way around. My post was directed to the fans in here.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Broadway Joe wrote:

If anything we need to be more critical of this team. I mean here in FF.

Is that even possible Laughing

If everyone was critical there's no point in discussing anything. We get good discussions from where people disagree.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Phire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Broadway Joe wrote:

If anything we need to be more critical of this team. I mean here in FF. There's plenty of people who trash people who doesn't deserve to be. But here in FF the majority is the other way around. My post was directed to the fans in here.

Have you ever met a football fan outside FF and tried to talk to them? If you're exposed to the discussion here you're much more knowledgeable than most casual fans.

If you can name all 5 starting offensive linemen on your team, then you are more knowledgeable than the casual fan.

The guys here know who we drafted three years ago by heart.

There's a strong correlation between knowledge of the game and being more fair to players. Casual fans see win and losses. The team wins, they're the greatest team ever. The team loses? They suck.

That's what we don't want to be here.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire, teams all around the NFL have been setting records the last few seasons. How many QBs passed for 4000 yards or better last season? Can you and whoever else have been using that stop it? I've seen it before and it is turning a blind eye to the rest of the National Football League. The rules have changed to favor offenses now more than ever. The Eagles have set team records, other teams have set team records and NFL records. Proof that the pass happy Eagles could get far better with sharper tools in the box... I'm in favor of acquiring sharper tools.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin
Quote:
Since Week 11 of last season, the Eagles are 7-0 when Maclin plays and 0-3 when he sits out.

Get out of here! They must not be telling the truth...
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin
Quote:
Since Week 11 of last season, the Eagles are 7-0 when Maclin plays and 0-3 when he sits out.

Get out of here! They must not be telling the truth...

Ha! I posted that the other day and all I got was crickets from PE.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: