Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FIRE Jim Haslett!?!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
4 of the last 5 games last year, our defense gave up over 30 points. Its given up 30 points in each game this year. So that's 7 of the last 8 games (the 1 game was a win at the Jints) where our defense has stunk on ice. Suffice to say, something isn't working.
Understood but it has to do with injuries and personnel. You can't change that right now and changing our defrensive coordinator of 3 years now is not going to make matters better.

Not calling for his head in mid-season. That's idiotic. I will give Has until the end of the season. Other teams deal with injuries too. Many of the top teams deal with injuries to starters and still manage to do better than us. I'm tired of making excuses and hearing excuses. The 2nd string is supposed to be able to play too...or else why are they on the roster??So...no to firing Haslett during the season

Yes...to giving him until the end and we re-evaluate his tenure as DC.
cool. We're on the same page. Again, it seems by your bolder comment and that of the people we have as Dbs, that it is a personnel problem and I'd agree with that. Shanahan and Allen have to do a better job at getting more talented DBs on this team.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
4 of the last 5 games last year, our defense gave up over 30 points. Its given up 30 points in each game this year. So that's 7 of the last 8 games (the 1 game was a win at the Jints) where our defense has stunk on ice. Suffice to say, something isn't working.
Understood but it has to do with injuries and personnel. You can't change that right now and changing our defrensive coordinator of 3 years now is not going to make matters better.

Not calling for his head in mid-season. That's idiotic. I will give Has until the end of the season. Other teams deal with injuries too. Many of the top teams deal with injuries to starters and still manage to do better than us. I'm tired of making excuses and hearing excuses. The 2nd string is supposed to be able to play too...or else why are they on the roster??So...no to firing Haslett during the season

Yes...to giving him until the end and we re-evaluate his tenure as DC.
cool. We're on the same page. Again, it seems by your bolder comment and that of the people we have as Dbs, that it is a personnel problem and I'd agree with that. Shanahan and Allen have to do a better job at getting more talented DBs on this team.

I do agree that its a personnel problem at the same time if we do upgrade I still don't believe Hasslet is the best guy to lead that personnel. We have had a couple chances to upgrade and get a legit defensive coordinator and have not.
a2piece89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
a2piece89 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

Oh and he's never coached a 3-4 system in his life.

Looks like Haslett hasn't either. Since when has a former head coach been unqualified for a defensive coordinator position, sounds better than a qb coach to head coach move imo

Jim Haslett is a former head coach
And he got his opportunity and squandered it. can't have him still around when we upgrade the secondary in the next couple years. for such a big name where is his progression?, too many chances
we can hire anybody to help us give up 30+ points a game, the axe is in order. it won't be long before fans get restless about the accumulating losses and Mike will need a scapegoat, last time it was donovan.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
I would fire him now. You will lose absolutely nothing by doing so, however you know what you're getting if you keep him. We can score plenty of points, I say can him before the it's too late. This season is still salvageable, make the move.

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

That's a joke, right? I mean, this is one of those "trololol" things, right?

Why would it be a joke? We're giving up 35 points a game, does it really matter if we give up more? Either way we're still most likely going to lose. Try something else, see what happens before it's too late. I understand some people think it's a terrible idea to fire Haslett now, however we are on pace to give up FIVE-THOUSAND yards passing, that is unbelievable. I say at most give Haslett til' week 6, if things do not improve then he must go, however it's only my opinion, apparently a troll opinion, but it's still my opinion.

Bob Slowik? The guy who basically cost Mike Shanahan his job in Denver because he couldn't coach a defense to save his life? Mike has an inexplicable bromance with Slowik. Either Slowik saved his life or has some seriously incriminating photos of Mike.

Raheem Morris? The guy who lost a locker room in what, four games last season, and had his team up and quit on him?

THESE are your replacement options?
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

And replace with who?

Slowik or Morris.

That's a joke, right? I mean, this is one of those "trololol" things, right?

Why would it be a joke? We're giving up 35 points a game, does it really matter if we give up more? Either way we're still most likely going to lose. Try something else, see what happens before it's too late. I understand some people think it's a terrible idea to fire Haslett now, however we are on pace to give up FIVE-THOUSAND yards passing, that is unbelievable. I say at most give Haslett til' week 6, if things do not improve then he must go, however it's only my opinion, apparently a troll opinion, but it's still my opinion.

Bob Slowik? The guy who basically cost Mike Shanahan his job in Denver because he couldn't coach a defense to save his life? Mike has an inexplicable bromance with Slowik. Either Slowik saved his life or has some seriously incriminating photos of Mike.

Raheem Morris? The guy who lost a locker room in what, four games last season, and had his team up and quit on him?

THESE are your replacement options?

Til the end of the season? sure. Not long term replacements Woz. I guess you're going to ignore Morris' first season as the Bucs head coach?
Woz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Til the end of the season? sure. Not long term replacements Woz.

So we're writing this season off then, just three games in?

Quote:
I guess you're going to ignore Morris' first season as the Bucs head coach?

Morris' first season? That would be 2009. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 3-13.

I think you mean his second season, when they went 10-6. Only problem with that season is that it was a complete mirage since the 2010 Bucs played the AFC North (yes, they got Pittsburgh & Baltimore (both losses), but they also got the 5-11 Browns and 4-12 Bengals), the NFC West (the year when the Seahawks won the division with a record of 7-9), Carolina twice (the year before Cam Newton, when they went 2-14), us (6-10) and Detroit (a 23-20 OT loss).

They only played six games against opponents with winning records: Atlanta twice (lost both), New Orleans twice (split), Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.

Their SOS was 0.477. The Strength of Victory (the combined record of the teams they beat) was a pathetic 0.344 (55-105), and 20% of the wins in their SOV was from beating the Saints in week 17. The next best victories the Bucs had in 2010 were against the Rams and Seahawks (each 7-9).

So, what is reality? Raheem Morris was a good head coach who just had some bad luck? Or Morris is a crappy head coach who lucked into an incredibly easy schedule in 2010, only to revert to the mean the following year when they went 4-12?

Again:
2009 - 3-13
2010 - 10-6 [incredibly easy schedule]
2011 - 4-12
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Woz. You make my points so much better than me. You always have great stats and research. Very impressive sir.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Til the end of the season? sure. Not long term replacements Woz.

So we're writing this season off then, just three games in?

Quote:
I guess you're going to ignore Morris' first season as the Bucs head coach?

Morris' first season? That would be 2009. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers went 3-13.

I think you mean his second season, when they went 10-6. Only problem with that season is that it was a complete mirage since the 2010 Bucs played the AFC North (yes, they got Pittsburgh & Baltimore (both losses), but they also got the 5-11 Browns and 4-12 Bengals), the NFC West (the year when the Seahawks won the division with a record of 7-9), Carolina twice (the year before Cam Newton, when they went 2-14), us (6-10) and Detroit (a 23-20 OT loss).

They only played six games against opponents with winning records: Atlanta twice (lost both), New Orleans twice (split), Pittsburgh, and Baltimore.

Their SOS was 0.477. The Strength of Victory (the combined record of the teams they beat) was a pathetic 0.344 (55-105), and 20% of the wins in their SOV was from beating the Saints in week 17. The next best victories the Bucs had in 2010 were against the Rams and Seahawks (each 7-9).

So, what is reality? Raheem Morris was a good head coach who just had some bad luck? Or Morris is a crappy head coach who lucked into an incredibly easy schedule in 2010, only to revert to the mean the following year when they went 4-12?

Again:
2009 - 3-13
2010 - 10-6 [incredibly easy schedule]
2011 - 4-12

How is this giving up on the season? If anything, it's attempting to save the season. We are currently on pace to break yardage and points given up records for a defense, if you think firing Haslett is giving up on the season but keeping him isn't than we'll just agree to disagree.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've Only played 3 games, so changing defensive coaches now would be like giving up on the defense. Things could get ether once Meriweather is back and the secondary is more used to playing with one another.

kerrdawg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, the sky is not, falling. We actually played the Saints well. Yes Haslett definitely got out schemed vs St Louis, but t he Cinci game was jjust a handful of plays w here guys failed to execute.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
How is this giving up on the season? If anything, it's attempting to save the season. We are currently on pace to break yardage and points given up records for a defense, if you think firing Haslett is giving up on the season but keeping him isn't than we'll just agree to disagree.

Yes, I believe firing Haslett and putting either Raheem Morris or Bob Slowik in charge is giving up on the season.

You don't boot a major coordinator early in the season and think you're going to have anything good come of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: