Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Mock of the year! GSing back! Explanations Included
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRiTcH09

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: First Mock of the year! GSing back! Explanations Included Reply with quote

1. Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
I'm starting to look at the tape on this kid and believe it. He's the best QB in the 2013 draft. He's got a lot of through the roof potential, and if a team like KC is picking first, it's clear Cassel is done. Smith would be a tremendous help too because he has all the weapons around him to succeed - Charles, Bowe, Baldwin, Moeki, and O Line help. Great pickup.

2. Oakland Raiders select Matt Barkley QB, USC
It's not that I don't think Carson Palmer is a bad QB. It's more I think McKenzie wants his own QB that's young and he can have his coaches groom. What a coincidence, another USC QB on his roster! Haha, in all seriousness though. I do think Barkley rebounds somewhat. I just think Smith is the better QB.

3. Cleveland Browns select Robert Woods WR, USC
I was screaming at Cleveland to take Justin Blackmon this past draft because I said, you can get a RB like Doug Martin or David Wilson at 22 and Brandon Weeden at 37 or move back up into the first round for another pick... Well good ole Browns for ya. They went into a weird different direction. This has to be the year the Browns take a premiere WR to give Weeden ANY chance at succeeding. I just don't see them giving up on a QB they took in the first round one year later.

4. Indianapolis Colts select Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
Lets face it, Indy needs to get bigger up front on their d line. For years they got away with undersize DT's, and now they are running a 3-4 with really no premiere stud NT. Coach Pagano was in Baltimore, he knows how important it is to have studs up front. Lotulelei has the ability to play nose or even a 5 tech in their scheme. Lots of comparisons to Ngata and for good reason.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars select Barkevious Mingo DE, LSU
Getting after the passer has been rough for years for Jacksonville. Even after spending first and second round picks back in 2008 on DE's, they STILL need DE's. Branch was a nice addition in the second round last year, but they need another one. Mingo has great potential and looks to be a stud. Good pick.

6. Minnesota Vikings select Jonathan Hankins DT, Ohio State
I love Hankins for lots of reasons. First off I'm a Buckeye fan and so is my buddy who's a Vikings fan. Second of all, watch this kid play! He has the body of an NFL NT, but remember, Minnesota had Pat Williams who was the size of one too and they ran a 4-3. Also with Kevin Williams getting up there a bit, Hankins gives them a young body up front.

7. Miami Dolphins select Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
Ryan Tannehill needs WR's. Brian Hartline is a #2 at best, and they traded Marshall last off season. Hunter brings in explosiveness at the position and great hands.

8. St. Louis Rams select Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas AM
Best OT in the draft, and the Rams have got to get a premiere one this year. They terribly missed on Jason Smith, but Joeckel looks to be a real deal. They shouldn't miss this time around.

9. New York Jets select Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
With all of the junk going on with the Jets, if they are picking 9th, they probably want to start starting over. But Jarvis Jones gives them the pass rusher they should've drafted last year like Ingram and not Coples. Jones solves that issue this year. The knock on Jones is he needs to gain 20 pounds to be a 3-4 OLB. I think he can do that if he does it properly.

10. New Orleans Saints select David Amerson CB, NC State
This guy looks like he can play either CB or Safety in the NFL. He's got good cover skills and is a ball hawk. The Saints need help on defense. After all the high picks spend on DB's, they still need some help there. Malcom and Robinson haven't been terrible, but they also lost Porter last off season. Upgrade would help back there.

11. Tennessee Titans select Dee Milliner CB, Alabama
Another Alabama DB going high in this draft. Milliner has looked great this whole year and a year after losing Cortland, the Titans get his replacement in Milliner. Great pick.

12. Carolina Panthers select Kawann Short DT, Purdue
I've been screaming for years the Panthers have needed a DT. Last year I thought they were going to take Cox, but they didn't. This has got to be the year they take one and Short looks to be the best in the draft. He can plug up the middle and make the tackles needed at the position.

13. Buffalo Bills select Tyler Wilson QB, Arkansas
I like Wilson a lot and if Buffalo is picking in the teens, they may look at QB. Fitz may never be an elite QB, but he would be a heck of a backup. Wilson can come in sit, then take over once he is ready. As long as he stays healthy the rest of the year and performs well, he will be a top 15 pick in the draft.

14. St. Louis Rams select Keenan Allen WR, California
The Rams have got to get Sam Bradford help if they ever want him to be the elite QB. Allen brings great speed and decent hands. They have got to get a WR in the first this year. Donnie Avery was drafted at the top of the second round, he's no longer with the team. Brian Quick same deal, except he can't even get a catch yet. Allen will help out in that category.

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Manti Te'o LB, Notre Dame
The Bucs need to continue to build on defense. Te'o would be a start as a leader in the middle. He's been that his whole career at ND, he would continue that trend into the NFL. He's got great instincts and racks up a ton of tackles. Something that reminds lots of Bucs fans of Derrick Brooks.

16. Cincinnati Bengals select Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina
If Lattimore continues to improve off the ACL injury, then he'll continue his rise up the boards. The Bengals have the QB, WR, and TE. Now all they need is the RB to complete their offense. Lattimore gives them just that and he can let BJGE be the #2 back.

17. Arizona Cardinals select Taylor Lewan OT, Michigan
I feel Arizona will miss the playoffs. But I do think they won't look for a QB if Kolb plays well. Instead, go get him protection. As bad as Denard Robinson has been as a passer, Lewan has been pointed out as a great pass protector for him and gives him all the time in the world to make a throw. Something Kolb is going to need especially not being as mobile.

18. Philadelphia Eagles select Jonathan Banks CB, Mississippi State
Second straight year the Eagles take a stud defensive guy from Mississippi State. They could use some help at CB too. Unsure of DRC, Nnamdi can't do it all by himself. Plus as a 3rd CB, Banks would bring tremendous cover skills. Also don't be surprised if the Eagles fall in love with a guy like Barrett Jones. If Reid is still there, he loves those versatile o lineman.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers select T.J. McDonald S, USC
Once upon a time 10 years ago the Steelers took a S outta USC... That turned out very well. Now as they look for another one opposite Troy and to potentially replace him, McDonald looks to be the real deal on that Trojan defense this year. The Steelers have got to improve their secondary in this draft if they want their defense to continue to be top noch.

20. Seattle Seahawks select Sam Montgomery DE, LSU
This pick maybe a bit of a head scratcher to some, but Seattle loves their pass rushers. They drafted Irvin and reached for him this past year, but remember he's only a situational pass rusher. Montgomery comes in and is the guy on the other downs. Plus with no WR worthy right now, Montgomery is the BPA.

21. Dallas Cowboys select Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
This name sound familiar Cowboy fans? That's because it is, and the Cowboys get a pass rusher that's the son of Jim Jeffcoat. Jackson brings great versatility off the edge and another guy that I think if gained weight, can play a 3-4 OLB.

22. Chicago Bears select Barrett Jones OL, Alabama
With all the bears problems on the line, they can plug and play Jones just about anywhere and get results from him! Good pick.

23. San Diego Chargers select D.J. Flucker OT, Alabama
If Bama wins the National Championship again this year, gotta give credit to their offensive line. Flucker maybe the lesser of the other two key lineman, but none the less he is still a solid prospect. The Chargers DESPERATELY need help at OT. Rivers is not performing well because they have guys like Michael Harris and Jeromey Clary starting at the OT spots. Time for a major upgrade there.

24. San Francisco 49ers select Chance Warmack G, Alabama
Three straight Alabama O Lineman, yes I can do it this early! This maybe a bit of a disappoint for 49er fans, but if you look at how how their o line is, you may understand. Drafting Staley, Iupati, and Davis in round one isn't enough. I think they need one more guard to solidify their line and Warmack is that guy.

25. Detroit Lions select Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
Detroit has got to get themselves some help at corner this upcoming off season. Their corners have looked terrible. Rhodes solves that problem for them too.

26. Baltimore Ravens select Eric Reid S, LSU
From one Reed to another. Different spelling but same results hopefully. Reid from LSU is a playmaker that can sit behind Ed Reed and when he retires, take over.

27. Denver Broncos select Sylvester Williams DT, North Carolina
Denver needs DT's badly. Yes they drafted Wolfe but they need another one or two. Williams if he continues to produce, could sneak into this area of the first round. Broncos grab him here.

28. Green Bay Packers select Kenny Vaccaro S, Texas
It's unfortunate Nick Collins' career went to injury prone. So the Pack go and draft a guy to replace the recently moved to safety Charles Woodson. Vaccaro has drawn Earl Thomas comparisons, but for now he stays a late one.

29. New York Giants select Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M
As New York starts to retool their offensive line, RT would be a nice place to start. They target Martin and Adams in the draft before opting for David Wilson at RB. This year they have got to get younger on the O Line. Matthews is a bit raw, but can be a big help at RT for them down the road.

30. New England Patriots select Terrance Williams WR, Baylor
New England looks solid across the board except at WR. Williams gives them another weapon for Tom Brady and his 9 million TE's!

31. Atlanta Falcons select Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.
Werner is raw but has great potential as a pass rusher. Abraham isn't getting any younger for Atlanta, and they may turn to get his eventual replacement. This could be a steal right here.

32. Houston Texans select Marquess Wilson WR, Washington State
For us, we did draft Posey in the 3rd last year, but I like him more as a #3 guy. Wilson would bring that #2 WR opposite Andre we have been desperately looking for. Oh and we won the super bowl! Happy note too! Smile
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, another Lotulelei pick... Give us Jarvis Jones there.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones to Cleveland makes more sense.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You took one of my draft crushes so obviously I like it a lot. Secondary is a major need in the draft for the Steelers and McDonald would be a sweet pick. Rhodes or Reid would be good selections as well there.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Chargers don't completely implode (i.e. way below a .500 record) AJ Smith will remain the GM. If AJ Smith remains the GM, there's a 99% chance (because history tells us this) that he will NOT select a 1st round OL because he has never done it in his tenure as a GM or AGM even when he went into a draft needing a starter at a particular position along the OL. The guy just doesn't do it. And he's stubborn as hell, I'd sooner bet on Honey Boo Boo's mother winning a bikini contest than I would AJ bucking this trend.

Also, Fluker's not playing LT at the next level, he's just not. And he may not even have the feet to play RT.

It's just an entirely unlikely pick.

Werner is more likely and would fit a "need" (in the sense that AJ considers "needs" to be both this year and as many as three years down the line) as both Shaun Phillips and Antwan Barnes are UFA's. Xavier Rhodes is a strong possibility as he has both the upside to justify the pick and fits a need (Cason and Jammer are UFA's; Jammer has at best 2 more years in him at CB and Cason hasn't earned another contract of a reserved starter's spot). If he's off the board (which if he runs in the 4.3's he will be), Carrington Byndom is a good alternative, but Werner shoudl be the choice given he has greater upside.

wackywabbit wrote:
Playing center for the Chargers is like teaching DADA at Hogwarts.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banks is a good pick for the Eagles, particularly if DRC leaves.

Other options would be Rhodes, Reed or an OT or a QB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Bears I would much rather have Chance Warmack than Barrett Jones…not because Jones isn’t good I just feel Warmack can be special at the next level.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm torn. I like Lattimore but our defense is a joke right now. I would go with McDonald, a DE or Rhodes there

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Bengals like BJGE enough that they won't draft a RB in 1. Personally I would prefer a later round speed back like Barner.

OLB or a fast CB in 1 please.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason_Bengal_Fl wrote:
I think the Bengals like BJGE enough that they won't draft a RB in 1. Personally I would prefer a later round speed back like Barner.

OLB or a fast CB in 1 please.

I'd be ok with a stud rb as long as LB and SS were the two 2nd rd picks. BJGE has very little shiftiness and would work better as a solid #2 back getting 10-12 carries a game imo.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be pleased with a DT to replace one of the Williams Wall, they have been a bit soft up the middle.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the emergence of Mason Foster, LB is no longer a need.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 13 Games | 141 Tackles (17 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMH, CB's are not a need for the Titans. McCourty and Verner have both played well. Our safeties have sucked. Eric Reid would be great.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our o line has played better than expected. we dont need a guard because boone has stepped into the spot and played pretty well.
we also drafted looney last year if boone doesnt work out, but he was hurt in tc.

werner is the pick there. if he lasted that long... i would be ecstatic.
he would sit behind justin cowboy smith and learn from the best 34 de in the league. in a few years, he would get his spot.
we dont have great depth across the dl. would be the pick. especially if he slipped to here

new sig... sorry alex
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovin Geno!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: