Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers Ryan Mundy fined $21,000 for hit on Darrius Heyward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eksynyt


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 5924
Location: Oregon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


Y'all have been public enemy #1 for a long time. We love to hate you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 35274
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Roger Goodell has always been inconsistent in its decisions


Fairly sure Goodell isn't the one handing out fines.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20395
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Roger Goodell has always been inconsistent in its decisions


Fairly sure Goodell isn't the one handing out fines.


Don't even bother
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 31589
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
deserved a big suspension


Yeah, despite not launching and leading with his arms he totally should be suspended... Clearly we should judge on the end result of the play as opposed to facts... Rolling Eyes
_________________
[quote="Ketchup"]I would cut off my legs if Rodgers threw 20 interceptions.[/quote]
- 7/24/14
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eksynyt wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


Y'all have been public enemy #1 for a long time. We love to hate you.


Coming from one of the biggest Steelers trolls on this forum, that doesnt mean much.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3671
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'm going to comment on this just one time and just watch other people's responses. I'm not going to retort because I have a feeling that people are going to let their emotions get the best of them rather than logic in regards to my post...

I am very sorry for what happened to Heyward-Bey. As I saw it live I thought he was ok, but then as I saw his body hit the ground I realized he was a.) Unconscious when he hit the ground and b.) probably knocked unconscious prior to landing. However, prior to that at no point did I think it was a malicious or truly violent hit akin to ones I had even seen that day. However, due to the end result I feel that people think there deserves a suspension as opposed to the actual hit. Which I can understand. I simply don't agree with it.

http://postimage.org/image/vypn6syuf/

Right there Mundy can be seen extending his arms to try and make the hit. In fact, one arm looks to be in front of Heyward-Bey while the other appears to be behind him. Mundy's helmet doesn't appear to be lowered yet either. At first this all looks to be - suprisingly - a decent form tackle from Mundy.

http://postimage.org/image/u1sx2886f/

At the point of impact Mundy's facemask is in DHB's chest... Now in order to not cause a stir I'll say his head is lowered there. Unfortunately the crown of his helmet makes contact with DHB's chin resulting in whiplash, a potential concussion, etc. However, let's be honest... Mundy isn't good enough in a game that goes this fast to purposely attempt to hit DHB's chest to avoid a punishment. He was simply trying to dislodge the ball which I have absolutely no issue with regardless of team. And it appears he attempted to do good. But because DHB is falling and Mundy is crappily trying to recover they collide at fast speeds and part of Mundy's helmet unfortunately hits DHB's chin causing the incident. Very unfortunately we got that ugly result.

However, clearly this is more of a result of Mundy's actual inability to do his job as opposed to Mundy attempting to hit DHB in the head or inflict pain. Mundy doesn't launch and he doesn't aim for the head. However, he DOES make contact with the head and technically speaking a falling DHB is an unprotected receiver(or whatever the term is called). So I have no issue with a flag. Nor do I have an issue with the fine because they're both against the rules.

However, my issue is with the rule itself that receivers are protected thus hampering defenses. However, when stuff like this happens you can see why they have the defenseless receiver rule. But as a defender what are you to do? Well I guess you could not suck like Mundy. But then if you're not good it's an instant TD for the offense. I don't know, basically I have no issue with the fine and if there would have been a flag but I do take issue with people saying he is dirty, etc... It was more a result of his ineptitude than anything and calling for a suspension based on the result is not smart to me.


This is a great post and I fully concur.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 13064
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
I'm going to comment on this just one time and just watch other people's responses. I'm not going to retort because I have a feeling that people are going to let their emotions get the best of them rather than logic in regards to my post...

I am very sorry for what happened to Heyward-Bey. As I saw it live I thought he was ok, but then as I saw his body hit the ground I realized he was a.) Unconscious when he hit the ground and b.) probably knocked unconscious prior to landing. However, prior to that at no point did I think it was a malicious or truly violent hit akin to ones I had even seen that day. However, due to the end result I feel that people think there deserves a suspension as opposed to the actual hit. Which I can understand. I simply don't agree with it.

http://postimage.org/image/vypn6syuf/

Right there Mundy can be seen extending his arms to try and make the hit. In fact, one arm looks to be in front of Heyward-Bey while the other appears to be behind him. Mundy's helmet doesn't appear to be lowered yet either. At first this all looks to be - suprisingly - a decent form tackle from Mundy.

http://postimage.org/image/u1sx2886f/

At the point of impact Mundy's facemask is in DHB's chest... Now in order to not cause a stir I'll say his head is lowered there. Unfortunately the crown of his helmet makes contact with DHB's chin resulting in whiplash, a potential concussion, etc. However, let's be honest... Mundy isn't good enough in a game that goes this fast to purposely attempt to hit DHB's chest to avoid a punishment. He was simply trying to dislodge the ball which I have absolutely no issue with regardless of team. And it appears he attempted to do good. But because DHB is falling and Mundy is crappily trying to recover they collide at fast speeds and part of Mundy's helmet unfortunately hits DHB's chin causing the incident. Very unfortunately we got that ugly result.

However, clearly this is more of a result of Mundy's actual inability to do his job as opposed to Mundy attempting to hit DHB in the head or inflict pain. Mundy doesn't launch and he doesn't aim for the head. However, he DOES make contact with the head and technically speaking a falling DHB is an unprotected receiver(or whatever the term is called). So I have no issue with a flag. Nor do I have an issue with the fine because they're both against the rules.

However, my issue is with the rule itself that receivers are protected thus hampering defenses. However, when stuff like this happens you can see why they have the defenseless receiver rule. But as a defender what are you to do? Well I guess you could not suck like Mundy. But then if you're not good it's an instant TD for the offense. I don't know, basically I have no issue with the fine and if there would have been a flag but I do take issue with people saying he is dirty, etc... It was more a result of his ineptitude than anything and calling for a suspension based on the result is not smart to me.


This is a great post and I fully concur.


Same. I don't really like to agree with Steelers fans too often, but Blaq is 100% on point with his post. Having seen the game myself, I felt exactly the same way watching the play in real-time. I didn't actually realize the severity of the hit until after the play itself. It was pretty much the same sequence of events as the Ed Reed hit on Deion Branch on Monday night (aside from the helmet-to-helmet contact), but because Branch got up and just walked it off, it didn't result in any type of fine (or it hasn't to this point, as far as I know).

Not saying I think Mundy shouldn't have been fined, because he certainly should have. However, most people who are calling for a suspension are basing it more off the result of the hit, which was in no way premeditated, than the actual hit itself. And well, that's just silly.
_________________

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 55627
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'm going to comment on this just one time and just watch other people's responses.


BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


BlaqOptic wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
deserved a big suspension


Yeah, despite not launching and leading with his arms he totally should be suspended... Clearly we should judge on the end result of the play as opposed to facts... Rolling Eyes


Hmmm
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10967
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
I'm going to comment on this just one time and just watch other people's responses.


BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


BlaqOptic wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
deserved a big suspension


Yeah, despite not launching and leading with his arms he totally should be suspended... Clearly we should judge on the end result of the play as opposed to facts... Rolling Eyes


Hmmm


Your point?
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49729
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Mesa_Titan wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
I'm going to comment on this just one time and just watch other people's responses.


BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


BlaqOptic wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
deserved a big suspension


Yeah, despite not launching and leading with his arms he totally should be suspended... Clearly we should judge on the end result of the play as opposed to facts... Rolling Eyes


Hmmm


Your point?


As usual,, he doesnt have one.

Just looking to troll Steeler fans.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
macklemore wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


Why even ask. You know what it means. We're not in Forum 31 right now. The Steelers are officially Public Enemy No. 3 behind the Patriots and the Replacement Refs.


And for good reason, the steelers defenders go out and try to injure people. I'm all for big hits, but leading with your head is very dangerous, DHB wasn't the only person Ryan Mundy concussed last week, Brandon Myers suffered one as well. Mundy deserves a suspension, he plays with no regard to human safety.

Also in that video Totty posted it appears Ryan Mundy concussed William Gay and Johnnie Lee Higgins in one drive, what a POS.


You are utterly clueless and making up nonsense.

Take James Harrison away and we dont have much more illegal hits than most other teams. And most of his are a result of poor form rather than intending to injure.

And every single one of those by Mundy is just a result of not keeping his head up. William Gay...they were both going down and he put his head down. Higgins....all Mundy did was run straight forward....only reasons their helmets even hit was because Higgins was coming down at the exact time Mundy got there.

Call Mundy a horrible tackler and poor player...because he is.

But a POS? No regard for human life?

Obvious troll is obvious.


You call me clueless and say I make up nonsense but your entire post consists of excuses, hypotheticals and assumptions.

Get out of here with that nonsense, son.

Whats obvious is that Mundy is a head hunter who is out there trying to damage peoples brains instead of tackling properly.

Your excuse is that Mundy doesn't know how to tackle properly and his head just happens to be where other peoples heads are when he tackles... are you serious? just think about that for a minute. If you can't see that your team uses helmets as a weapon more often then not you are a blind homer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 10967
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

You call me clueless and say I make up nonsense but your entire post consists of excuses, hypotheticals and assumptions.


That's funny, that's all your "evidence" is. You see it one way and others, and not just Steelers fans I might add, see it another.

I won't call you a hater or troll, but you seem to be determined to decry the Steelers if you get the chance.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
macklemore wrote:

You call me clueless and say I make up nonsense but your entire post consists of excuses, hypotheticals and assumptions.


That's funny, that's all your "evidence" is. You see it one way and others, and not just Steelers fans I might add, see it another.

I won't call you a hater or troll, but you seem to be determined to decry the Steelers if you get the chance.


My evidence is video of Ryan Mundy using his helmet as a battering ram to concuss 4 people in two games. This isn't just about the hit on DHB, Mundy has a history of injuring people. As does numerous other Steelers.

His evidence is him speculating that the reason Mundy leads with his head is because he doesn't know how to tackle properly. Laughing

Why do you think I'm determined to decry the Steelers? because of BlaqOptic's signature? what I said was truthful. The Steelers are not an elite team this year, Defense is old and regressed (Steelers fan: But but but you haters say that every year!) and you have no running game. I wasn't putting the Steelers down with that post at all, It was directed at my fellow Raider fans, I didn't want them getting too hyped after the win. Now if that isn't what you were referring to ignore this part.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5759
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The Steelers as a team are a repeat offender, but this is the first time Mundy has gotten into this type of trouble.


And what is that supposed to mean?


That the Steelers are a dirty team?

Streater was poked in the eye the play literally before the DHB hit, and literally the play after Marcel Reece caught the ball and a Steeler defender had his hand around and inside his facemask while attempting the tackle while Reece went out of bounds.

3 plays in a row where the intent to focus on or contact with the head of the opponent is obvious. Once, twice, that's a coincidence. 3 plays in a row in the red zone with hands or helmets near the head or inside the facemask?

As the game slipped away on defense, I saw the Steeler defenders become more and more desperate with borderline hits gravitating bit by bit toward the head and the knees.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7759
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's not bad considering I was expecting him to get suspended for a game since he put DHB in the hospital.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group