Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why I am Picking the Cowboys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9856
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?
 
If Jay plays well and handles the pressure, that we know is coming, then we will win, or if he does not handle it and plays like Bad Jay and throws the ball away we will lose the game.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.
Green Bay totally outcoached the Bears. The game plan was absurd. But the game was over with the kickoff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

Does anyone know who is favored in the game?

Last I heard it was Dallas by 3.5

But really, who cares? Betting lines and predictions are all a bunch of garbage.
Yeah, that is why we see so many broke bookies begging for bread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

Does anyone know who is favored in the game?

SF was a 6.5 point favorite at MIN this past weekend. That really mattered...

You have a more pessimistic attitude toward what you see in the Bears than most. That's clear. But that doesn't mean that the others who don't are out of line either. Nobody is calling this a runaway win, but you make it seem like we're the '08 Lions going up against the '85 Bears headed to play the same Dallas team that has had elite level talent for the past several years and has done absolutely nothing with it.


I am not attacking anyone or trying to say that you are wrong for thinking that the Bears are going to win.

I also made no comments that make us look like the 08 Lions.

I have concerns about playing a talented team at home when our offense is struggling.

My concerns with the Cowboys are all legitimate,

-I fear the talent they have on offense if they can put it together.

[Same could be said for the Bears]

-I fear the pass rush and the exotic looks that Rob Ryan can bring similar to Green Bay.

-I fear that Jay Cutler will implode, but I always fear this.

-I hate playing teams in big games on the road.

You will not hear me with these concerns when we play Jacksonville, but the Cowboys are a really talented team that 3 weeks ago beat up on the Superbowl Champion Giants.

Too me this is a coin flip game between 2 under achieving teams and I would not be the least bit surprised if the Bears win this game. I could see them killing the Cowboys if good Jay shows up and Bad Tony shows up.
It is the Big Games where coaching is most significant. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Maybe I am just wrong.

Does anyone know who is favored in the game?

Last I heard it was Dallas by 3.5

But really, who cares? Betting lines and predictions are all a bunch of garbage.
Yeah, that is why we see so many broke bookies begging for bread.
You understand how betting lines work right? It has nothing to do w/ picking an actual winner.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.
Green Bay totally outcoached the Bears. The game plan was absurd. But the game was over with the kickoff.
So you think a gameplan featuring passing against a 31st ranked pass defense is absurd, huh? The game was over at kickoff? Give me a break, so I guess those 4 quarters of actual play had no bearing on the outcome of the game whatsoever.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raq11


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 686
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.
Green Bay totally outcoached the Bears. The game plan was absurd. But the game was over with the kickoff.
So you think a gameplan featuring passing against a 31st ranked pass defense is absurd, huh? The game was over at kickoff? Give me a break, so I guess those 4 quarters of actual play had no bearing on the outcome of the game whatsoever.


No he's saying the game was over at kickoff because we deferred, giving Rodgers the ball first. That's been his argument for 2 weeks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
51to54


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 1529
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
51to54 wrote:
The problem with the offense is that I expected it to be better than it was last year. True, we have a new OC, but seriously, Tice was on the staff last season and it's clear to me that Martz's offense was ditched early last season. .


Except Bates is the passing coordinator...new to everyone except Cutler/Marshall

Not that you are saying it, but when we get down to a new passing coord as being the problem with our offense struggling, we are one step short of blaming the moon for getting in the receivers' eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10968
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?

I have no problem with an unfavorable perception but now you're basically saying Jay is Grossman? That's a bit of a stretch no?
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raq11


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 686
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?

I have no problem with an unfavorable perception but now you're basically saying Jay is Grossman? That's a bit of a stretch no?


Someone also said we overpaid by 2 1st rounders. Which means someone thinks he's worth a 3rd and Orton.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.
Green Bay totally outcoached the Bears. The game plan was absurd. But the game was over with the kickoff.
So you think a gameplan featuring passing against a 31st ranked pass defense is absurd, huh? The game was over at kickoff? Give me a break, so I guess those 4 quarters of actual play had no bearing on the outcome of the game whatsoever.
The Die was cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raq11 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Nads786 wrote:
You guys have to also understand that we know GB and they know us. Have you noticed that ARod generally has subpar games against the bears? (Not cutler kill us games but still).

The cowboys D is sick, and they have amazing corners, however I think we learned our lesson from week 2. I expect short quick passes and running the ball down the boys throats.

Do I think we will drop 30+ on the cowboys? No! I expect another defensive game with a 13 10 victory.
I thought about this last night. I understand the gameplan in the GB game. They had put 18 consecutive games of bad pass defense on tape. It actually makes some sense that you come out throwing the ball against them. What they did was very smart, they completely changed everything they do in that game on defense. They rarely went w/ their psycho package and played 2 deep w/ a 5 man front nearly every snap. The tape was completely useless, adjustments had to be made at halftime and they were, we ran the ball at them until it became a 2 score game, which never happens if Marshall catches that ball in the endzone. It was a bad game by everybody on offense, in fact I'm not sure we could play worse and it wasn't a blowout by any means. I think things will be quite different the 2nd time around, but right now we'll just have to wait and see.
Green Bay totally outcoached the Bears. The game plan was absurd. But the game was over with the kickoff.
So you think a gameplan featuring passing against a 31st ranked pass defense is absurd, huh? The game was over at kickoff? Give me a break, so I guess those 4 quarters of actual play had no bearing on the outcome of the game whatsoever.


No he's saying the game was over at kickoff because we deferred, giving Rodgers the ball first. That's been his argument for 2 weeks
Timing is very important.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7953
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?

I have no problem with an unfavorable perception but now you're basically saying Jay is Grossman? That's a bit of a stretch no?
He is pretty erratic with much better WRs. If he doesn't get straightened out pretty quick he won't be here next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9856
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?

I have no problem with an unfavorable perception but now you're basically saying Jay is Grossman? That's a bit of a stretch no?


I never mentioned Grossman.

Cutler is far more talented than Grossman so the good is really good Nd the bad is even more frustrating.

Can you say that Jay is not inconsistent week to week?

To me Jay, Romo and Rivers are all in the same category of being good and bad. Sometimes you get brilliance and sometimes to get terrible play. I is what keeps them all from being elite.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raq11


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 686
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Is this a Good Jay/Bad Jay game?

I have no problem with an unfavorable perception but now you're basically saying Jay is Grossman? That's a bit of a stretch no?
He is pretty erratic with much better WRs. If he doesn't get straightened out pretty quick he won't be here next year.


That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in years.

I will wager anything you want that Cutler's name is on the Bears official roster next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group